As a fairly new to BB user i didnt pay all that much attention to other phone users, but whilst out shopping with my wife yesterday i noticed that the most phones i saw being used where indeed BB, not many droids and less iphones so that must go to show how good the BBs really are or is it just the BBM, whatever it is im now BB all the way as is the wife and other friends too
    12-29-11 01:33 AM
    I think it depends on where you live I guess. In the school I work at, most teachers carry iPhones. Some of the admin carry Blackberrys because those were the district issued admin phones. But OKC Public Schools decided to allow the use of iPhones as work phones so I'm seeing very few Blackberrys now at all the school or distric meetings.

I work in a fitness facility and I have yet to see any clients with BBs. Again most iPhones and a few Android devices here and there.

When I travel to compete in the Highland Games and see the athletes pull out their phones, I do see a few BBs here and there every once in awhile.
    12-29-11 01:57 AM
    As a fairly new to BB user i didnt pay all that much attention to other phone users, but whilst out shopping with my wife yesterday i noticed that the most phones i saw being used where indeed BB, not many droids and less iphones so that must go to show how good the BBs really are or is it just the BBM, whatever it is im now BB all the way as is the wife and other friends too
    That being the case, it's probably your RAS kicking in...

Reticular activating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could just simply be more aware of BB's since your a new BB user yourself (kinda like when you buy a new car or plan on buying a car and all of a sudden you see a whole bunch of that particular car on the road)...
    12-29-11 02:12 AM
    I thing that jranciano is right, sometimes when you are starting to use something you notice it more.
    Anyway, enjoy your Blackberry!
    12-29-11 02:28 AM
    I thing that jranciano is right, sometimes when you are starting to use something you notice it more.
    Anyway, enjoy your Blackberry!
    Nah never happened to me. When I first got a Blackberry, I had seen less BB's. Now, 2 years later, I see more
    12-29-11 02:33 AM
    The OP is from the UK where BlackBerry has a huge following. It is the same here in South Africa... Almost everybody rocks a BlackBerry. iPhones are growing in popularity as well this side.
    12-29-11 03:15 AM
    I'm in Spain and the UK (of course not at the same time!) And by far BlackBerry is #1 in both.
    12-29-11 05:21 AM
    I work in DC and live within commuting distance. On the commuting train I see a majority of BBerries. On the Metro I see more Android and iPhones. At work, of course, it's BBerries, even when people take their personal devices out.

At Union Station, it's a sea of BBerries. Could be that it's literally two blocks from the Capitol.

In the suburbs, it's such a mix that I could not say what predominates.
    12-29-11 05:41 AM
    At Union Station, it's a sea of BBerries.
    That must be a terribly awful swim!!!

hahahahahahahaha...
    Okay okay, so it wasn't that funny. but I crack me up
    12-29-11 01:51 PM
    That must be a terribly awful swim!!!

hahahahahahahaha...
    Okay okay, so it wasn't that funny. but I crack me up
    I find it easier than caber tossing!!!!!!
    12-29-11 01:58 PM
    I find it easier than caber tossing!!!!!!
    True true. But the chicks dig it
    12-29-11 02:13 PM
    we're just hoping you're going regimental...

trust me on this.....
    12-29-11 02:41 PM
    Where I live I feel like the last Blackberry user. Android and Apple rule the Northeastern USA.
    12-29-11 03:23 PM
    In Toronto Canada there's a healthy mix of BB's and iPhones.

But to be honest, and not racist since I am Chinese myself, you're more likely to see Asian people with iPhone's as that's the "perceived" luxury/highclass brand. Apple is to phones as LV is to handbags for them.

Meh.
    12-29-11 03:24 PM
    we're just hoping you're going regimental...

trust me on this.....
    Gah. I wish for once somone would appreciate me for my sharp wit, stunning intellect, and my deep emotional depth instead of this chisled Greek like statuesque body. Actually, funnily enough...if you look up last years Crackberry physique transformation contest, I'm the one that won.

Actually in the states we can't go regimental due to how America views nudity around children. And having seen more than one kilt come off, there's a number of guys you wouldn't want to see regimental...trust me
    12-29-11 11:40 PM
    The blackberry is surely getting big but iPhone isn't also behind when it comes to popularity
    12-30-11 12:51 AM
    On the bus today in Toronto roughly eighty percent of cell phone users had berries I noticed three people seated across from me all had torches lol. minority of people had iPhone android phones.
    12-30-11 12:55 AM
    I'm surrounded by droids and iphones.... ick. Lucky you.
    12-30-11 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD