I was at the SkyDome in Toronto on Saturday to watch Toronto FC WIN A MATCH!!! and I saw way more Blackberry devices around me than any other kind of phone - including iPhone.

No Z10s though, all little old QWERTYs just like mine. It gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling

Since I worked out a solution with TELUS I am going to continue using my Bold 9700 until the Q10 is released. Hopefully soon.
    jesse_h, web99, kingb71 and 4 others like this.
    03-12-13 01:39 PM
    Tell me more about your "little arrangement" with Telus...
    03-12-13 01:47 PM
    In Toronto, this means nothing.
    03-12-13 01:56 PM
    Really? Why's that?....

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-12-13 01:58 PM
    Skydome isn't exactly "everywhere". It makes sense that, in Toronto, you would see a lot of Blackberry's.
    03-12-13 02:01 PM
    Yup, because Toronto is a nothing city with hardly anyone living there......

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-12-13 02:10 PM
    I was thinking though that everyone, well okay not everyone - but the naysayers out there are saying BlackBerry is dead what does that say for Nokia and Windows phones. Like do they even matter? How well developed is their app world and what about phone depth and distribution?? Is the race only between Samsung and Samsung? I have never seen a windows phone being used by someone yet. Okay I saw a Surface being used on NCIS Los Angeles - I think it was a product placement ;-)

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    03-12-13 02:13 PM
    Yup, because Toronto is a nothing city with hardly anyone living there......

I believe what they meant is that Blackberry is located very close to Toronto, thus probably quite popular there.
    03-12-13 02:14 PM
    I was at the SkyDome in Toronto on Saturday to watch Toronto FC WIN A MATCH!!! and I saw way more Blackberry devices around me than any other kind of phone - including iPhone.

No Z10s though, all little old QWERTYs just like mine. It gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling

Since I worked out a solution with TELUS I am going to continue using my Bold 9700 until the Q10 is released. Hopefully soon.
    YAY!!! Someone else who refers to it by its proper name, not its corporate shell
    KarissaBean and kingb71 like this.
    03-12-13 02:21 PM
    I have never seen a windows phone being used by someone yet. Okay I saw a Surface being used on NCIS Los Angeles - I think it was a product placement ;-)

Posted via CB10
    This is very much a product placement as I believe that is all they use on that show. I have seen many Windows 8 tablets on phones being used by Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J as well as the rest of the cast. Even before Windows 8 devices were available to the public, they were in that show. Can't say the same for the original N.C.I.S. though. Not sure what phones they use, haven't really paid attention. Believe in the beginning they were using a healthy mix of BlackBerry's and iPhone's though.
    03-12-13 02:24 PM
    I believe what they meant is that Blackberry is located very close to Toronto, thus probably quite popular there.
    BlackBerry is popular in Canada period, still not the point. It was a silly comment. Because you could just as easily change Toronto with London, or Johannesburg, or Dubai. All areas where the BB is still common.

The OP's point at heart was that even with all the comments about BB being dead, it is still strong in a lot of places

03-12-13 02:25 PM
    Skydome isn't exactly "everywhere". It makes sense that, in Toronto, you would see a lot of Blackberry's.
    Everywhere, as in, all around me. Eight out of ten phones around me were Blackberry.
    03-12-13 02:30 PM
    YAY!!! Someone else who refers to it by its proper name, not its corporate shell
    Well, sometimes we call it the RobberDome
    03-12-13 02:31 PM
    Tell me more about your "little arrangement" with Telus...
    I called L&R to let them know I was contemplating switching to Koodo for the $60 Canada-Wide plan. Leaving my contract now would cost me about $140. L&R gave me a $65 Nationwide calling plan with text and 1 gig data for the remaining 3 months of my contract.
    03-12-13 02:33 PM

Tfc!!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    kingb71 and KarissaBean like this.
    03-12-13 02:36 PM
    Have we not learned people! Nothing exists outside of the USA. We may as well be on Mars lol

All kidding aside, everywhere can mean different things to everyone. In this case, everywhere was where the OP was. Much like Americans like to think that because something is or isn't popular in the USA its the same case everywhere else in the world lol
    bintheredundat likes this.
    03-12-13 02:36 PM
    Realistically, if you use these devices like what most folks do, ie talk and text most, if not all the time you can see why BlackBerries are still very popular here in Canada. Most of us are not seduced by the other fancier phones . In Canada too, most of the Telcos will grab you for 3 years so changes are less likely to happen compared other places to where ppl are less committed to these long term contracts.
    Moreover we are still proud Canadians!
    03-12-13 02:37 PM
    I was thinking though that everyone, well okay not everyone - but the naysayers out there are saying BlackBerry is dead what does that say for Nokia and Windows phones. Like do they even matter? How well developed is their app world and what about phone depth and distribution?? Is the race only between Samsung and Samsung? I have never seen a windows phone being used by someone yet. Okay I saw a Surface being used on NCIS Los Angeles - I think it was a product placement ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Nokia Lumias will most likely outsell the Z10 this quarter...and likely the next.
    There are more apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace than on BB10....and more of the big name apps are already there.

I'm not sure what you mean by phone depth
    tg1 likes this.
    03-12-13 04:20 PM
    Travelled around Mexico for three weeks recently and I saw a ton of BB's...It was quite surprised actually as all you hear is BB is dead....far from it. Lovely to see!!
    ctuffy likes this.
    03-12-13 05:19 PM
    Ah yes, the 79 million dead users.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:09 PM
    I'm was glad to see TFC get a win. Hopefully this is a turning point for the club.

Also, thanks for the 3 points you left us in Vancouver

#whitecapsfc

Posted via CB10
    KarissaBean likes this.
    03-12-13 06:11 PM
    I frequent the Rogers center (skydomes current name) a lot during baseball season. I notice more Iphones than anything else.
    I also see more Iphones than BlackBerry's pretty much everywhere I go

Not suggesting iphone is better but it HAS become ubiquitous

Hopefully this will change
    03-12-13 06:11 PM
    Toronto 4th largest city in North America, success here will help with the turnaround

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 06:18 PM
    Toronto 4th largest city in North America, success here will help with the turnaround

Posted via CB10
    Center of the universe too. That must help.

Posted via CB10
    KarissaBean and Andrew4life like this.
    03-12-13 09:46 PM
    Nokia Lumias will most likely outsell the Z10 this quarter...and likely the next.
    There are more apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace than on BB10....and more of the big name apps are already there.

I'm not sure what you mean by phone depth
    The only Nokia Lumia I have seen "in the wild" is my friends 920 which he bought for the camera not the OS and he's had to exchange the phone 3 times so far. He's had the phone since November/December I believe. And that is the ONLY Nokia Lumia I have seen outside of a display model in a cell phone store. Outside of the 3 Z10's in my circle of friends, I have seen at least another 10 Z10's "in the wild" including the bartender at one of my favourite bars, and it's only been out just over a month in Canada. Saw 2 on the subway ride downtown a week ago as well.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    03-13-13 12:26 AM
35 12