I made the mistake of NOT taking my curve out of my swimtrunks when I cleaned my pool,after about an hour and a half in the water my BB is completely wet.I managed to rescue the memory card,but my screen looks like a miniature lava lamp.I know about the bowl of rice trick,and after a few days I'm thinking there isn't enough rice in Asia to dry this thing out.Any thoughts,other than to get insurance next time???
    07-02-10 08:58 PM
    Your phone is toast (and it deserves to be.) The duration in the water combined with
    the innate corrosive properties of chlorine assures that it is dead.

Why people take their phones to environments where water is abundant is still a
    mystery to me.

Advice - If water is present in large quantities, your phone should not be in
    the same place. But I'm guessing you figured that out with this episode.
    07-02-10 09:03 PM
    You're so nice AG. You might soak it in alcohol but I doubt even that will work. Time for a new phone buddy. Tours are selling cheap.
    07-02-10 09:35 PM
    I would try the alcohol too just for fun, you never know.

I know someone who found a 8310 in the ocean while diving. He resurrected it and it lasted 3 months before finally packing it in. Stranger things have happened.
    07-02-10 09:37 PM
    I would try the alcohol too just for fun, you never know.

I know someone who found a 8310 in the ocean while diving. He resurrected it and it lasted 3 months before finally packing it in. Stranger things have happened.
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    07-02-10 09:40 PM
    You're so nice AG.
    I'd rather be honest than nice. The dudes phone is toast.
    07-02-10 09:41 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    I believe it did happen. Water isn't as bad on electronics as you think it is. But I'm not beating that dead horse anymore.
    07-02-10 10:03 PM
    More than likely it is toast.. Honestly. However before filing it in drawer #13 I'd invest in a tool set- take it compltely apart and stowe it away for a week or so in a bag of rice.. If that doesn't help. Craigslist can do you some justice. Personaly I won't even take my Berry to the bathroom and I get antsy when ny hubby has his on the table when eating.. If you don't make it a possibilty than it aint possible!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 10:32 PM
    AG nailed it. The chemicals are quite detrimental to an electronic device. Even on the slim chance it is revived, it isn't long for the world.

07-02-10 10:52 PM
    I dont suggest alcohol on a device at anytime. And I am sorry this happened to you. No need for people to be rude about it to you either. You have beaten yourself up about it am sure. I had a friend who took her's into the bathroom so needless to say.......she had insurance. I do suggest when you get another phone to have insurance on it. Do be cautious using Craig's List. And make sure the seller meets you in a public place....I suggest the carrier's store.....and make sure the ESN is clean even before paying for it. The nightmare stories I hear......

Good luck to you.
    07-02-10 11:11 PM
    I dont suggest alcohol on a device at anytime.
    I suggest it always, no matter what.

It's how we clean our boards straight off the assembly line at work.
    07-02-10 11:28 PM
    I dont suggest alcohol on a device at anytime. And I am sorry this happened to you. No need for people to be rude about it to you either.
    Whoa!! Calm down Stymie. I am not being rude. As I said I would rather be
    honest. Glib only gives the user false hope and that is not something I wish
    to do.
    07-03-10 01:22 AM
    My son had a phone similar to the rumor with the slide out keyboard and he made the mistake last year of going swimming with it in his pocket, only for about 20 minutes though. He took the battery out and everything. His screen looked like a lava lamp too, ironically his wallpaper was a beach theme. Anyway, after the initial drying out his phone was fine and after that the water level in the screen became less and less until it was gone. In the end he was lucky and the phone survived.
    07-03-10 08:26 AM
    If it was pure water, I'd say you have a slim chance given that you soaked it. The fact that it was pool water means that it's "toast" as AG said. All that Cl, phosphates, and other goodies really are bad for the phone.

I'd start saving up to get another one.

07-03-10 12:40 PM
    I have to agree with AG, he wasn't being rude, it's the truth.

op- did you have insurance?
    07-03-10 07:38 PM
    Bummer! If it makes you feel any better, I ran my Motorola S9 headphones through an extended wash cycle with my clothes a couple months ago. I did the rice trick on them and they worked at first, but then went crazy after about ten minutes...lol!
    07-03-10 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD