Anyone got that Twitter DM yet saying they won? Messages are supposed to be going out starting today till the 23rd. . .As you probably can guess, I'm pretty hyped about it and I hope I won! (I think my chances are pretty good. . .don't ask me how or why but I just do. . .)
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    01-18-13 01:08 PM
    No DM's yet here!

I also entered the TO contest - though I think my entries were better on that one.

I combed through the 1000's of entries on each, and many can be DQ'd immediately based on length alone.

As far as the judging criteria... Creativity, Relevance, & Overall Impression ... there were tons of 'meh' entries.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 02:55 PM
    I actually captured & exported all of the entries to Excel I even picked what I thought were the top 50 or so! Tell me your Twitter handle and I'll tell you if you ranked in MY list of potential winners. No Z10 or party for that though, lol.
    01-18-13 03:19 PM
    I actually captured & exported all of the entries to Excel I even picked what I thought were the top 50 or so! Tell me your Twitter handle and I'll tell you if you ranked in MY list of potential winners. No Z10 or party for that though, lol.
    Whoa man. that's intense..... Mine were probably lame to you, (TO event) but yeah It was fun to just try. Can you drop a couple of your faves?
    01-18-13 03:28 PM
    I thought the competition was stronger on the TO event (more entries too if you can believe that!!!). A few that stood out to me for creativity (funny, rhymes, whatever) were:

@DanaRosenwasser - I'll Finally Have a Phone That Matches My QNX Bentley !
    @FreddyEnriquez - Balance: the MULLET of mobile; business and party united!
    @it_Dave - excited for ability to publicly use gestures without offending anyone
    @allancayenne - Swipe to peek, flick to type, BB10's worth the hype!
    Plenty more good ones, but there were 100's of terrible entries (as far as "creativity/relevance/over all impression" are concerned).
    01-18-13 04:06 PM
    Those are clever. I entered, and used the #Blackberry10TO hashtag, but didn't have the @Blackberry in most, like it says to have in the rules. Hopefully mine are still counted. Would love to attend the Toronto event and get a Z10.
    bldshd likes this.
    01-18-13 06:26 PM
    @allancayenne - Swipe to peek, flick to type, BB10's worth the hype![/quote]

This is my favourite out of the ones you mentioned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 06:33 PM
    My handle is @Afrozepher. . .I didn't know if #Blackberry10NYC counted as word or not. . .LOL. . .I honestly didn't put much though into my entries because I figured no one would enter. . .but apparently there are folks taking this VERY seriously. . .LOL may the best thirty entries win!!!
    01-18-13 07:01 PM
    Still no winners reading this? There may yet be hope...
    01-19-13 09:02 AM
    ...I entered, and used the #Blackberry10TO hashtag, but didn't have the @Blackberry in most, like it says to have in the rules. Hopefully mine are still counted. Would love to attend the Toronto event and get a Z10.
    Ahhhhh I didn't read the rules properly!!! I didn't tweet directly to @Blackberry in any of my 10 entries.. I just used the #BlackBerry10TO hasttag...

That sucks, I was really hoping to win...
    01-19-13 09:53 AM
    @HKain7 is my Twitter username. I'm so eager to know!
    01-19-13 10:26 AM
    Still no winners reading this? There may yet be hope...
    Maybe the winners are BlackBerry fans on Twitter, but don't frequent CB... we'll have to wait and SEE!
    01-19-13 10:31 AM
    Ahhhhh I didn't read the rules properly!!! I didn't tweet directly to @Blackberry in any of my 10 entries.. I just used the #BlackBerry10TO hasttag...

That sucks, I was really hoping to win...
    Yeah I think I only have 1 or 2 out of 10 with the @blackberry, hopefully our tweets are still counted with the hashtag. Fingers crossed.
    01-19-13 10:51 AM
    @HKain7 is my Twitter username. I'm so eager to know!
    How many entries did you have? Only the one?
    01-19-13 11:13 AM
    The rules state that winners have 48hrs to respond to the Direct Message they'll receive on Twitter (If you aren't following them - they can't DM you, FYI!). So it would have been smart of RIM to send out the announcement prior to the weekend, and the initial chosen 30 can have the weekend to respond, etc.

I think this criteria improve odds for winning:

- Travel is not included: So even if winners are selected, many likely don't realize you need to be present in NYC to win. A lot of people will bow out on this alone.

So if "Winners" were sent DM's on Friday - we'll need to wait until Monday for those that either did not reply, or dismissed the prize based on travel. Then RIM will go further down their list!
    garlee likes this.
    01-19-13 11:39 AM
    My twitter is @msbrittz I entered for #BlackBerry10NYC and I know you only get 10 entrys no DMs yet my fingers are crossed! I hope I hope I hope
    01-19-13 11:39 AM
    For the LDN contest there doesn't seem to be any winners yet either even though they said they'd DM 18th-23rd. UK_BlackBerry keeps saying people will hear "soon". (I imagine they're running on roughly a similar timetable when it comes to reviewing entries, although saying that the NYC one will have many more entrants than the LDN one.)
    01-19-13 11:51 AM
    How many entries did you have? Only the one?
    Yeah only one :x
    01-19-13 11:55 AM
    Twitter handle is Parkinfly. I put in 10 entries for both the Toronto and NYC one (most were the same actually), just waiting now for that DM fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!
    01-19-13 01:03 PM
    Twitter handle is Parkinfly. I put in 10 entries for both the Toronto and NYC one (most were the same actually), just waiting now for that DM fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!
    Ah - your tweets are protected, so I could not track them by searching on either hashtag. So I couldn't include them in my criticisms of each entry Not sure how that affects your ability to win though - as long as @BlackBerry can read those you're fine. Good luck!
    01-19-13 01:11 PM
    Yeah only one :x
    Ah - I eliminated yours based on length! It was over 10 words...
    01-19-13 01:12 PM
    Ah - your tweets are protected, so I could not track them by searching on either hashtag. So I couldn't include them in my criticisms of each entry Not sure how that affects your ability to win though - as long as @BlackBerry can read those you're fine. Good luck!
    They are? Hmm well I certainly hope @BlackBerry could read them! I'm sure if I'm following them it's okay. Thanks for trying anyway!
    01-19-13 01:15 PM
    Here were my 10 entries for the TO contest, of which some were the same as my NYC entries:

@BlackBerry DIFFICULT to remain COMPOSED; BlackBerry Ten's SECRETS are soon DISCLOSED!
    @BlackBerry BlackBerry's PEEKING and FLOWING while the competition's SLOWING and PLATEAUING
    @BlackBerry PEEKING and FLOWING, to the HUB we're going. COMPETITION's... PLATEAUING!
    @BlackBerry HUB's the PLACE, to keep up with life's busy PACE!
    @BlackBerry "REWIND TIME: Frowns for photogenic friends when BlackBerry Ten's MINE!" #EvilLaugh
    @BlackBerry PEEK to KNOW: Get things DONE FAST with BlackBerry's FLOW!
    @BlackBerry BALANCED Work and Play; without COMPROMISING security in ANY WAY!
    @BlackBerry Finger flicking fun for furiously fast fingers; BLACKBERRY TEN's KEYBOARD!
    @BlackBerry Active Frame's multitasking have no end; Apple/Android ONLY PRETEND!
    @BlackBerry No more 'Poke and Pray'; Gestures saving minutes every day!
    01-19-13 01:17 PM
    Here were my 10 entries for the TO contest, of which some were the same as my NYC entries:
    @BlackBerry Finger flicking fun for furiously fast fingers; BLACKBERRY TEN's KEYBOARD!
    This one's really clever! (I unlocked my Tweets you should be able to see them now @Parkinfly)
    01-19-13 01:24 PM
    I unlocked my Tweets you should be able to see them now @Parkinfly)
    Nice! I like your entries - they are better than most!
    parkinfly likes this.
    01-19-13 01:27 PM
274 123 ...