Just took the OEM screen protector off from my Z30 and dear lord I was stunned after using it. BlackBerry Z30 is not meant to be used with a screen protector. It is so much beautiful and smoother without one. The whole typing and browsing ordeal is different in a better way of course. Plus I don't believe that it is too easy to scratch this beauty. My suggestion to you peeps is to try using it without a screen protector. You will love it.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 02:06 PM
    Yeah I felt the exact same way when I took my screen protector off my Z10. I felt do much better.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 02:16 PM
    For all the years I have carried a variety of BB phones, none has had a screen protector. And never scratched a screen. I will admit to the use of pocket pouches or flip cases for most purposes but during use those screens are always naked.
    01-15-15 02:18 PM
    Glad you brought that up. When I got my new z30, I was amazed at the display and colors compared to my z10. So being protective of my devices I instinctively ordered a screen protector. It hit me a few days ago that my initial impression had faded since the installation of the protector and was debating about taking it off!
    So u just confirmed my recent thinking and i'm going screen naked with my Otterbox commuter. I do drop my phone at times!! Tks

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 04:12 PM
    Just took the OEM screen protector off from my Z30 and dear lord I was stunned after using it. BlackBerry Z30 is not meant to be used with a screen protector. It is so much beautiful and smoother without one. The whole typing and browsing ordeal is different in a better way of course. Plus I don't believe that it is too easy to scratch this beauty. My suggestion to you peeps is to try using it without a screen protector. You will love it.

Posted via CB10
    The factory screen protector is designed to be taken off right away.

There are plenty of aftermarket screen protectors that scroll smoothly. There are also glass screen protectors now that provide the exact same feeling with much better protection.

It is not accurate to make comments on screen protectors based on the factory screen protector since the factory one is not made to quality.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-15-15 04:21 PM
    The factory screen protector is designed to be taken off right away.

There are plenty of aftermarket screen protectors that scroll smoothly. There are also glass screen protectors now that provide the exact same feeling with much better protection.

It is not accurate to make comments on screen protectors based on the factory screen protector since the factory one is not made to quality.

Posted via CB10
    That "factory screen protector" is just a cover for transportation and not really meant to be used. Get a real screen protector (genuine BB, aftermarket or even tempered glass) and feel the difference. It's not really meant to be used, but you can...

I did for a while on my Q10 until I got sick of it and a real one arrived. Matte ones on the Q can be great, no visible smudges, but not sure about matte ones on a big slab... :-)

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-15-15 06:23 PM
    The OEM screen protector is the official one designed by blackberry for their various models. I'm not talking about the protection that came with the phone initially. That is not even a screen protector but a thin layer of sheet meant to keep the phone protected inside the box. BlackBerry would never install a screen protector as a high percentage of people are averse to it or strongly oppose the idea. Just try the phone without a screen protector and you will see the difference yourself.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:15 PM
    The OEM screen protector is the official one designed by blackberry for their various models. I'm not talking about the protection that came with the phone initially. That is not even a screen protector but a thin layer of sheet meant to keep the phone protected inside the box. BlackBerry would never install a screen protector as a high percentage of people are averse to it or strongly oppose the idea. Just try the phone without a screen protector and you will see the difference yourself.

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you mean mines have it also, this wasn't present on none of my 4 z10s so I think try just started making them with the z30, when I got mines I was very concern that it was an used phone but was assured it wasn't, that being said just recently it started to bubble and is contemplating having it replaced, I've had a key scratched on my torch 2 and 2 broken z10s so I'm definitely not just going to use it for long without a protector.
    01-15-15 11:03 PM
    I have always kept my BlackBerry naked. Amazing how durable they are

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:17 PM
    Sorry I love my phone so much I need a screen protector. But yes your right it's so much better without one it's beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:31 PM
    My ghost armour screen protector is superb. Not sure why I have it on a $200 Z10.
    01-16-15 01:58 AM
    I need my screen protector especially since I dropped my phone during Black Friday weekend and top half of the screen is cracked. The screen protector still feels smooth and my phone is still functioning just fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 02:06 AM