I seriously don't understand reviewers,how can they claim that the s4 is a far superior phone,can someone out there shed some more light on this thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:04 AM
    Z10 all the way!
    04-21-13 07:11 AM
    Lack of experince with the Z10, thats all !
    04-21-13 07:13 AM
    S4 is a play tool with some good but no use features and Z 10 is a sophisticated and amazing phone for an elite group of successful and aspiring people..

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble and mrzeolite like this.
    04-21-13 07:20 AM
    Owning and using both.....the difference is simply availability of apps. The Z10, with its modern OS, improved browser, and much much much improved camera, has closed the gap where legacy devices trailed modern smartphones.

For me, personally.....if I had the apps I want, if I got some granularity back, the Z10 would kill and bury my 4S and SGIII. Haven't played with an SGIV so can't have an opinion yet.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 04-21-13 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Mistook S4 for 4S.....added comment about SG4.
    lynxs_claw, theRock1975 and jegs2 like this.
    04-21-13 07:23 AM
    I have yet to hold the s4 in my hands but I watched the launch video. I'll admit that it had some cool stuff I'd like to check out but not anything that would encourage me to switch. I can't put my Zorro down and it ha to do with the user experience. The time shift sucks and I haven't used remember enough to say much about it. All I know is wen I pick up this phone I want to talk to communicate with somebody, ha.

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    04-21-13 07:32 AM
    S4,
    10 chars
    04-21-13 07:36 AM
    S4 is a play tool with some good but no use features and Z 10 is a sophisticated and amazing phone for an elite group of successful and aspiring people..

Posted via CB10
    Now this is the funniest thing I've read today.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Rooster99, Drew808, bekkay and 4 others like this.
    04-21-13 07:56 AM
    Now this is the funniest thing I've read today.
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Bit of hyperbole, eh?
    04-21-13 08:06 AM
    Bit of hyperbole, eh?
    I know right?
    An 'elite group of successful and aspiring people'?
    They must have made a huge boo boo when they sold me mine...
    04-21-13 08:54 AM
    I know right?
    An 'elite group of successful and aspiring people'?
    They must have made a huge boo boo when they sold me mine...
    wonder what the thugs who used BBM to destroy London last year got Z10s. Those thugs were sure aspiring.....
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-21-13 09:33 AM
    I seriously don't understand reviewers,how can they claim that the s4 is a far superior phone,can someone out there shed some more light on this thank you.

Posted via CB10
    The last time I used an Android as my personal phone, was an original Droid. I use some SIII's and HTC's when I meet friends. So, I am pretty sure that I know what project butter is, and how good Android is right now.

What I do not understand though, is why reviewers give the device something around the 3 out of 5 mark.
    Meaning 60%, like in this one
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...view-50010337/

I could continue searching, but that must suffice as an exemple.
    I would totaly understand 80%. As the feature parity is not there. (Also called apps)
    But why 60%?
    Is Android on a level, with the SIII, where this is justified?

Serious question.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:01 AM
    In the end... it is the users preference...if you a die hard Apple.. Android... BB... WP8... which phone do you think would be the best... the one you like .... reviewers are the same...if they currently use and have an investment in your platform you tend to stick with it and ignore the rest...
    NaijaBerry, MC_A_DOT and Bbnivende like this.
    04-21-13 10:02 AM
    the problem with the S1, S2, S3 and the S4 is that they are all just alike its only the software thats different, no originality at all. Now when it comes to the Z10 where to begin, well i dont need to say anything cos the new phone and BB10 OS says everything and speaks volumes. So i say to anyone who is thinking about getting a Z10 but are also thinking about the S4, all i can say to you is Z10 all the way baby. Such a simple and easy decision.
    04-21-13 10:39 AM
    Non contest really. The S4 will be better than the Z10. In my opinion, the Z10 isn't even the best BlackBerry anymore. It has already been replaced by the Dev Alpha C. Literally havent used my LE Z10 since the DAC arrived and it got the full OS. I should probably just put the Red phone on eBay and be done with it. Because BB10 is so much more efficient to use with a keyboard. I don't see myself ever going back to a full touch BB10.

The Q10 will be the best BlackBerry ever made once it launches, but even it won't allow you to do all of the things a Jelly Bean powered smartphone will allow you to do.

Basically, my situation will still be like the OS7 days. Used to be, I had a 9930 for typing long emails, and a Nexus 4 for everything else. Nothing will change except it will be a Q10 instead of the 9930. Gestures are fun for the first few days, but what's left once the newness and novelty of swiping non stop wears off?
    04-21-13 11:05 AM
    It's simple: they say it's a superior phone because they have used android for a good time, BlackBerry 10 is a completely new software and usually people are keeping their minds with "What they know"... despite hardware on s4 the innovation is in Samsung software, I think Samsung delivers awful apps, I bet the ones on the s4 won't be different while blackberry is a totally fresh new start and premium class too it just need time to grow!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:15 AM
    I suppose if we take our fanboy hats off it's hard to put the Z10 in the same realm as the S4, even if it isn't released yet.
    It will have a decent camera close to the Z10 if not better.
    It will have miles better photo sharing opportunities with Instagram and Google +, just to name 2, straight out of the box.

It will have cross platform voice and video chats like Skype, Viber, Oovoo on release.

It will have full customisation of Gmail sound and vibration notifications.
    It has Light Flow for LED customisation.

It will have the word prediction engine behind BB10's keyboard, as well as Swype as an option.

It will have all sorts of email support, including full history sync and retention of more than 30 days.
    It will not ahve the same major issues with sending and receiving emails and address compliance issues.

A host of calendar and contact suites.
    Continued compliance with Gmail push options once everyone else has issues with Gmail.

Access to Google Now, personalised news and updates including location based info.
    Access to native Google Maps and all the awesomeness it brings.

Look I'm still going to be keeping my Z10, and not even looking at the S4 because I'm intent on sticking with BlackBerry for the near future, either with the Z or the Q, but fanboy hats off, it's very very difficult to justify a Z10 which has none of the above but some fun swipes and a decent UI.
    The Q is easier with the keyboard, but without a trackpad I'd say even that's a hard sell.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    04-21-13 11:49 AM
    Other than dual camera shot there was not even one thing I liked on S4...i didn't like air swipes at all...screen size is horrible..I guess it's a matter of choice... i prefer more professional adult like productive features on Z10...like Hub. calender sync, Blackberry link, multi-tasking etc

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:31 PM
    Other than dual camera shot there was not even one thing I liked on S4...i didn't like air swipes at all...screen size is horrible..I guess it's a matter of choice... i prefer more professional adult like productive features on Z10...like Hub. calender sync, Blackberry link, multi-tasking etc

Posted via CB10
    you mean the 4S.

Which is two full years older than the Z10.

As far as adult like productive features.....adults have off work, purely fun times, in case you didn't get the memo.
    04-21-13 12:44 PM
    I mean S4...Z10 is plenty of features for fun too mm its matter of choice...in general grown ups would like Z10 . . i find S4 a giant toy. does it make it easier..lol

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:04 PM
    I own a Galaxy Note and Z10 currently. Previous to these two phones I owned an Iphone. I also keep tabs on and play with new devices as they come out. My least favorite of the three brands is the popular Iphone. IOS is stable but inflexible and rather boring. Good for technology deficient people and good selection of Apps. I watched an elderly couple being given a demonstration at a retailer and thought to myself...yep that's the right phone for you. Android Jelly Bean is actually very good with many interesting features but because it is fairly open you can get into trouble easily if you are adventurous - like me. I would rate the Z10 and BB10 somewhere between boring and outdated IOS and a little scary Samsung Galaxy (Android). A few more OS improvements and adding more popular apps will go a long way to making a top contender.

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    04-21-13 01:28 PM
    I mean S4...Z10 is plenty of features for fun too mm its matter of choice...in general grown ups would like Z10 . . i find S4 a giant toy. does it make it easier..lol

Posted via CB10
    When did the S4 release that you were able to lay hands on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Moonbase0ne and MC_A_DOT like this.
    04-21-13 01:38 PM
    You don't need to have hands on with everything to know it's features.. i saw their launch in New york..plus you can see product demos all over the Internet...happy? Like I said it matter of choice..one size does not fit all..lot of people will like it's toy like features.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the first person on the planet talking up BlackBerry Link as a pro and not a con.
    Now I know you're trolling.

Let's hope adults don't need emails older than 30 days, lol.
    04-21-13 02:01 PM
    You don't need to have hands on with everything to know it's features.. i saw their launch in New york..plus you can see product demos all over the Internet...happy? Like I said it matter of choice..one size does not fit all..lot of people will like it's toy like features.

Posted via CB10
    Ah....so you haven't actually seen the device first hand nor laid hands on it. So you're going on what everyone else is going on.

What toy like features don't you like?
    04-21-13 02:15 PM
235 123 ...