Hey folks,

I watch CNET's Tomorrow Daily (Tomorrow Daily - CNET) and they have a segment called "Phonetography" where they ask viewers to submit photos they've taken on their phone. I had the privilege of being featured as THE FIRST BLACKBERRY PHOTOGRAPHER on the show! I kept seeing so many other phones featured and I decided it's time to "REPRESENT MY PEEPS" and show them what the Z10 can do (and many other BlackBerry's I've owned before which can take great photos). Have a look below and watch also the comment after about BlackBerry die-hards in general....

If the video doesn't start at 19:30, skip ahead to 19:30 time (19 minutes 30 seconds) and watch for about 2-3 minutes!

Here is a YouTube link that jumps to 19:30....(copy and paste into your browser)

youtu.be/TbU0gG6NjCU?t=19m30s
    09-26-14 08:23 AM
    By the way, here is the photo I took with the BlackBerry Z10... Linked here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvzoNDMIEAAFhk8.jpg:large

Or attached here:

BlackBerry Z10 "Phonetography" Representing My Peeps on CNET's Tomorrow Daily-edy-blackberryz10.jpg
    playbookster and Dr.Deebs like this.
    09-26-14 08:36 AM
    Nice work mate! That's a great shot. I do feel very loyal to BlackBerry. It's nice of them to be balanced in their comments; a jab here a compliment there... all in good fun. Looks like a fun show.
    09-26-14 08:49 AM
    Looks great! I subscribe to the BlackBerry Photography Channel on BBM and the photos are breathtaking. And I receive lots of compliments on photos taken with my BlackBerry devices. So glad u r representing our community.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-26-14 08:51 AM
    Hey Thanks,
    And the Tomorrow Daily show just did a review on the BlackBerry Passport... Not so happy about the lack of understanding of BB10 in general, the use of Android Apps, BlackBerry AppWorld and gaming potential, but nevertheless at least it is coverage (Any BlackBerry Coverage is Good Coverage?). Seems like everyone thinks BlackBerry is strictly a corporate device and will not play media or games?!?! HAHAHAHAHA! Laughable but not funny since people actually believe that.

See here:

And I quote (starting at time 2:00):

This is meant for Pure productivity
    Its not really cut out for playing games, watching videos, like all the stuff you do on a multimedia device such as Android or iOS or even Kindle Fire

09-26-14 09:20 AM
    nice one EDY!
    09-26-14 09:28 AM
    *** ANOTHER PHOTO FEATURED ***

Another one of my BlackBerry photos was featured a few days ago on CNET's Tomorrow Daily! Check it out below:

If it doesn't start at the proper time.... Fast Forward to 19:10 to watch the "Phonetography" section.
    bspence87 likes this.
    02-01-15 12:49 AM
    Hey Thanks,
    And the Tomorrow Daily show just did a review on the BlackBerry Passport... Not so happy about the lack of understanding of BB10 in general, the use of Android Apps, BlackBerry AppWorld and gaming potential, but nevertheless at least it is coverage (Any BlackBerry Coverage is Good Coverage?). Seems like everyone thinks BlackBerry is strictly a corporate device and will not play media or games?!?! HAHAHAHAHA! Laughable but not funny since people actually believe that.

See here:

And I quote (starting at time 2:00):

This is meant for Pure productivity
    Its not really cut out for playing games, watching videos, like all the stuff you do on a multimedia device such as Android or iOS or even Kindle Fire

Groan... ughh...

I hate reading crap like this. BB10 phones use bloody Qualcomm SOCs just like most Android phones. They are just as good at multimedia as any Android phone (except the camera, which BlackBerry always makes way way worst compared to all Android phones in the same price range -- e.g.: horrible low light performance, insanely slow focus, low megapixels).

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    02-01-15 01:05 AM
    Groan... ughh...

I hate reading crap like this. BB10 phones use bloody Qualcomm SOCs just like most Android phones. They are just as good at multimedia as any Android phone (except the camera, which BlackBerry always makes way way worst compared to all Android phones in the same price range -- e.g.: horrible low light performance, insanely slow focus, low megapixels).

Yeah I hear u. My husband got the Roku stick and when I asked if I can connect using my DLNA/Miracast, he declared BlackBerry is for work. So he was quite miffed when my phone found the device and I was able to play videos and music on it right away. He was not able to do it quite as easily. He had to use the beta feature with his S5. But yet, my phone is the "boring" one.

Posted via Classic
    mnc76 likes this.
    02-01-15 09:05 AM
    Cool. Nice photo.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 09:34 AM
    Nice shot, this is one I took with the Q10 - was quite impressed
    BlackBerry Z10 "Phonetography" Representing My Peeps on CNET's Tomorrow Daily-img_20140421_145435_edit_edit_edit_edit1.jpg

No more double typing...
    02-01-15 11:04 AM
    Thanks for the pointer, edy; That was a really nice photo.

Funny comment from the anchor: If you find a BlackBerry fan, marry them because they will never cheat on you :-).

Q10/10.3.1.821
    02-01-15 11:20 AM
    Great work man. I had no idea the BB10 camera was capable of such sharp photos! Always carried my camera around when I wanted to take shots and didn't bother using the phone much, even for Instagram. Perhaps a quick tutorial on how you managed to capture the quality you did using the Z10 would help the rest of us out!
    02-01-15 01:48 PM
    Great work man. I had no idea the BB10 camera was capable of such sharp photos! Always carried my camera around when I wanted to take shots and didn't bother using the phone much, even for Instagram. Perhaps a quick tutorial on how you managed to capture the quality you did using the Z10 would help the rest of us out!
    I can give you a quick tutorial:

Lots of light and a still subject, and you can get amazing pics (possibly with HDR mode turned on if the pic has both really bright and dark parts in it).

If the light drops and/or the subject is moving too fast, then the pic quality will drop off really fast.

For low light, I typically find that Whiteboard mode provides brighter pictures than Auto or Night mode.

One other trick I use in low light is to take a video, then take screen caps at the spots I want. Often, even if the subject is moving, you can find certain frames in the video that are quite crisp (e.g.: unblurred).

02-02-15 11:46 AM
    All of these pictures are phenomenal! Great job guys. I've gotten some good shots of stuff on my Q10- but nothing too interesting. Haha... mostly food. Anyways, kudos to you BlackBerry "phonetographers" out there.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:35 PM
    Another tip... keep snapping photos. Tons of them. Sunlight helps, and to get close up and have it focus use the pinch zoom, otherwise if you are too close it won't focus. Keep snapping away and eventually one will not be blurred. Then apply a lomo effect or other to give your photo some better contrast curves, play a bit with the saturation.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 08:46 PM
    What a great picture man.

  
    03-16-15 08:53 PM
    That is really great and an awesome photo. Congrats!!
    03-16-15 09:57 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 "Phonetography" Representing My Peeps on CNET's Tomorrow Daily-img_20150218_151422.jpg

Taken with a Z30.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    03-17-15 03:45 AM
    Taken with my Z30 and cropped.
    BlackBerry Z10 "Phonetography" Representing My Peeps on CNET's Tomorrow Daily-rose-edit-valentine-2-14-15.jpg

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    03-18-15 07:45 AM
    By the way, here is the photo I took with the BlackBerry Z10... Linked here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvzoNDMIEAAFhk8.jpg:large

Or attached here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edy-blackberryz10.jpg 
Views:	1079 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	300660
    Amazing photo!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    03-18-15 07:47 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 "Phonetography" Representing My Peeps on CNET's Tomorrow Daily-img_20150315_115016.jpg
    Passport Pic

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:38 AM