Hi all,
    I have 2 BlackBerry Z10 and one Z30. I have updated all of them to the latest OS last week. It happened that to both of Z10s the battery dried off, before managing to recharge them. Now, none of them wants to boot.
    When I plug in the charger, the red LED blinks once, then the BlackBerry logo appears for a few seconds then it disappear, and then the red LED blinks again and so on.
    One mention is that both of the phones worked well for a few days after the update. The issue appeared only after the battery dried off.
    Did smb else experienced this with theirs Z10 after the update?
    Madalin

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 02:28 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    First of all, how did you do the update? OTA or autoloader? Which OS did you load? Carrier?
    What do you mean the battery dried off? Did it get wet...or do you mean it died? as in no charge? This happened to all three phones??
    06-07-14 05:11 PM
    Hi Jaydee
    It was an OTA update with 10.2.1.2941 from Orange. The battery was fully discharged, empty, etc.
    The issue is just with the 2 Z10. The Z30 is working perfect until now.
    So one of them I managed to start it after I connected it to the laptop, but the other one - no chance.
    One thing to mention is that both of the phones have had the battery fully empty many times, and always after plugging them in to a wall charger, worked well, but after the OS update, not anymore.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:24 AM
    Exactly the same thing happened to my Z10, didn't think it was due to OS update until I read this post, I charge my Z10 and once it's fully charged and removed from the charger, it drains off with in minutes and then a constant red LED light with 0% battery.

CAUTION : MAJ On Z30 Now!!!!
    06-08-14 02:44 AM
    Do a battery pull. and recharge it again.

From my ? phone
    06-08-14 03:40 AM
    Do a battery pull. and recharge it again.

From my ? phone
    Done that many times, but to no avail.

06-08-14 04:41 AM
    Try this:
    1) Pull the battery.

2)Make the battery warm in your hands in few minutes or do as I did with my old HTC Battery (turn on the stove in the kitchen, and hold the battery above it until it gets little warm) but be CAREFUL to not get it too hot.

3) Put the battery back in your BlackBerry device and let it charge at least in 10 minutes before you turn your phone on.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:13 AM
    Exactly the same thing happened to my Z10, didn't think it was due to OS update until I read this post, I charge my Z10 and once it's fully charged and removed from the charger, it drains off with in minutes and then a constant red LED light with 0% battery.

This is a battery calibration issue... I've had this issue and I ended up turning it off after I got it to boot up and then letting it charge until the green led started blinking. Turn it on and run it until it dies and then plug it in and you should be recalibrated. I would not hold the battery over an open heat source as it is dangerous...

If you have Battery Guru then go into Diagnostics and select keep awake as this will help drain the battery faster and help with calibration..

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:33 AM
    How about try another battery.

? Slicing using my ?
    06-08-14 08:04 AM
    How about try another battery.

? Slicing using my ?
    Hi Masterful,
    Tried with the battery of one my friend's. Doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 03:04 PM
    Update for the second Z10: I had to downgrade the OS to be able to restart the device. Not it's working.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 03:18 PM