Since BlackBerry has about 1 billion dollars worth of Z10's to be written off, and that the Z10 will be now offered at a lower price, does anyone know when this will happen and how much will one cost now? Also, will the price reduction (if happens) be on contract or will you be able to buy one off contract for cheaper?

Thanks to everyone to answers
    09-23-13 11:52 PM
    From my understanding they were chopped by $240 each.

If that is applied to all Z10's, based on my carrier's price, they'll be $200 - $250 off contract. When the new ones flood the market at this price, I may look for a used one just for fun.
    Blacklatino and BK_NY_RAY like this.
    09-24-13 12:42 AM
    They should be using these phones to entice corporations into enterprise service. Free hardware would surely attract more business. The consumer market for now seems to be lost. Time to start over.

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    BK_NY_RAY likes this.
    09-24-13 12:42 AM
    No-one knows yet, but I think it might be sometime after Friday's quarterly earnings report (how soon, I cannot say).

Currently, my carrier, Telus in Canada is offering the Z10 for $650 off-contract and the Q5 for $425. I can imagine the new price for the Z10 being similar to the Q5. On contract, Telus has the Z10 for $0. It might be a challenge to get lower than zero, unless they start giving out some kind of free bonuses with it.
    09-24-13 12:58 AM
    They should be using these phones to entice corporations into enterprise service. Free hardware would surely attract more business. The consumer market for now seems to be lost. Time to start over.
    +1 This right here ^

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:28 AM
    I'm personally waiting for the Q10 to drop to 200$ or less, and I'm getting one
    BK_NY_RAY and thekidshop like this.
    09-24-13 08:34 AM

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    A vast majority of enterprise folk prefer the physical keyboard variants. The Z10 won't do much for enticing businesses. Z10's should be sold off to consumers, possibly in developing countries at rock-bottom prices.
    09-24-13 08:58 AM
    From my understanding they were chopped by $240 each.

If that is applied to all Z10's, based on my carrier's price, they'll be $200 - $250 off contract. When the new ones flood the market at this price, I may look for a used one just for fun.
    If i could get a Z10 for $250 that would be awesome
    09-24-13 09:13 AM
    Here's the Belgian situation:

Most stores offer BlackBerry at following prizes:

However, there is one store (AlloTelecom) that offers the Z10 at a significant reduced price and with a 50 euro cashback:

Keep in mind in Belgium most phones are usually sold separately and BlackBerry's aren't subsidized
    So that's a big discrepancy already and that's been going on for about 2 months now... before the massive write off.

I wonder if the prize of the Z10 will fall even more in Belgium now that the write off has occured.
    09-24-13 12:33 PM
    Here's the Belgian situation:

Most stores offer BlackBerry at following prizes:
    http://www.stfimages.com/images/2013/09/24/vlad1g.png

However, there is one store (AlloTelecom) that offers the Z10 at a significant reduced price and with a 50 euro cashback:
    http://www.stfimages.com/images/2013/09/24/2yku.png
    http://www.stfimages.com/images/2013/09/24/BjxurRF.png

Keep in mind in Belgium most phones are usually sold separately and BlackBerry's aren't subsidized
    So that's a big discrepancy already and that's been going on for about 2 months now... before the massive write off.

I wonder if the prize of the Z10 will fall even more in Belgium now that the write off has occured.
    530 euros ? What is wrong with these people ? This retailer mus be crazy !

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:39 PM
    Since BlackBerry has about 1 billion dollars worth of Z10's to be written off, and that the Z10 will be now offered at a lower price, does anyone know when this will happen and how much will one cost now? Also, will the price reduction (if happens) be on contract or will you be able to buy one off contract for cheaper?

Op I still need unanswered questions about your username.....

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:40 PM

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    Actually I have been thinking along these lines. Use them as a loss leader to get people on your services. We know the product is good since it's been out a while and they can now appeal to those businesses that are a little more price conscious.

Load em a up with 10.2 and have at it I say.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:40 PM
    What will be funny is if the price cut has the same effect it did on the touch pad. No one knew what a really good tablet it was until hp.slashed the price

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    You still have unanswered questions.....?

It's a song, by Keny2 from the Boom Bang (or Bang Boom) album. Came out 2-3 years back.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    09-24-13 12:45 PM
    The Z10 situation here in Germany is pretty much there already: Roughly a month ago, the Z matched the price for the Q5, earlier this month the full-touch device was cheaper than the "emerging market" QWERTY phone for the first time. Last week the Z10 first dropped right below the 300� line, at least the white one, the black one is just a couple of Euros more expensive.

Considering this phone started at 630� when it got released around here roughly six months qgo, we'll have quite a massive pricedrop. However considering the prices of the competing handsets, the Z wouldn't really stand a chance with an off-contract price of more than 300�. Samsungs Galaxy S3 dropped down to 280�, price of Nokias Lumia 920 got up a bit, yet with 270� it still is priced in a very attractive way.
    09-24-13 02:10 PM
    If I can get a z10 for �200 no contact in UK I am definitely going to get one to go with my Q10 so once it dies I have back up since there could be no more 'consumer' focus plan in the future. Would when we will see the cheap z10 tho
    09-24-13 03:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ha whats the questions you seek young padawan?
    09-24-13 03:29 PM
    You still have unanswered questions.....?

It's a song, by Keny2 from the Boom Bang (or Bang Boom) album. Came out 2-3 years back.
    I never knew that haha
    OniBerry likes this.
    09-24-13 03:30 PM
    The Z10 situation here in Germany is pretty much there already: Roughly a month ago, the Z matched the price for the Q5, earlier this month the full-touch device was cheaper than the "emerging market" QWERTY phone for the first time. Last week the Z10 first dropped right below the 300� line, at least the white one, the black one is just a couple of Euros more expensive.

Considering this phone started at 630� when it got released around here roughly six months qgo, we'll have quite a massive pricedrop. However considering the prices of the competing handsets, the Z wouldn't really stand a chance with an off-contract price of more than 300�. Samsungs Galaxy S3 dropped down to 280�, price of Nokias Lumia 920 got up a bit, yet with 270� it still is priced in a very attractive way.
    This is exactly why BBY failed with the Z10, they have initially priced it too high!

Sent from my Z10
    09-24-13 07:27 PM
    This is a good opportunity to promote the device now that it will be selling at a lower cost. The company needs to be really competitive now with their pricing. Let's see how it will be priced then.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:10 PM
    This is a good opportunity to promote the device now that it will be selling at a lower cost. The company needs to be really competitive now with their pricing. Let's see how it will be priced then.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, If priced right I will definitely be acquiring one, maybe two
    09-24-13 08:34 PM
    I'll get a 3rd one if I can find a white one.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, now add a few incentives other than the lower price to make sure to move units.

Sent thru my Z on a leaked non-Squircle 10.2 OS (~_*)
    09-24-13 08:42 PM

I got mine for 100 bucks cash, off contract. Right from BlackBerry. Nooooo it isn't hot either.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:55 PM
    No-one knows yet, but I think it might be sometime after Friday's quarterly earnings report (how soon, I cannot say).

Currently, my carrier, Telus in Canada is offering the Z10 for $650 off-contract and the Q5 for $425. I can imagine the new price for the Z10 being similar to the Q5. On contract, Telus has the Z10 for $0. It might be a challenge to get lower than zero, unless they start giving out some kind of free bonuses with it.
    I hope you realize that you still pay for the phone as an additional charge over the life of the Contact.
    09-24-13 08:59 PM
28 12