Hello guys!

I am a 15 years old teenager in search for his first Blackberry smartphone, but you know, there are soooo many choices!

The point of this topic is to find the right choice to my preferences.

So here are the most important things I want:

-A nice web browser

-A great camera for photos (I travel a lot with my family so...)

-A rich multimedia experience (videos, photos, music and chat)

-Great screen/visual quality. I do not want to see a pixel show.

-Portability.

-Anything but the Storm series or the Torch series.

Now you know what I want... Apps aren't really important because I know that Blackberry has a kinda small selection.

Here are some devices that were probably interesting me (not sure):

Pearl 9100

Style 9670

I am waiting for your tips and recommandations!

Thank you very much everyone!

Alpha8768

BTW, if I want 3G internet, what is the minimum I will pay per month with a blackberry?
    Last edited by alpha8768; 10-10-11 at 04:05 PM.
    10-10-11 03:38 PM
    Who will your carrier be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 03:48 PM
    Buy a curve 9350/9360 or as mentioned the bold 9900,9780
    The curve has a 5mp cam and is a great starter blackberry.
    The bold 9900 is more expensive but the more you pay, the more you get right? Hd cam and great browser and keyboard. The screen is also touch screen which is neat.
    The cheaper bold 9780 would also be good for you
    10-10-11 03:49 PM
    Welcome to the Blackberry world (almost ). The Two phones you named are being phased out. There are more up to date phones that are better for a first time experience. I would suggest the "Curve" as mentioned earlier. Good luck in your decision
    10-10-11 03:55 PM
    I would stick with a Os 7 blackberry. So either the new bold or new curve.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-10-11 03:56 PM
    i would say go for the 9900 a true showoff.
    but as a student, does price play an role?
    Yes it does

Who will your carrier be?

Probably Telus or Bell (I live in canada)

BTW, if I want 3G internet, what is the minimum I will pay per month with a blackberry?
    10-10-11 04:03 PM
    I know you said you dont want the torch, but I would recommend the Torch 9850(full touchscreen, not the slider).
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    10-10-11 05:46 PM
    The one you like is the best one for you, asking other peoples opinions will most likely put you into a device not for you. Make your own choice -- each one has a return policy. Try em all.
    10-10-11 06:37 PM
    Based on your criteria, I have to agree with hondateg...the torch 9850. It's an os7 device with a full touch...it's not like the older torches with a slide out keyboard. This one is all touch.

Also, a blackberry data plan is $30 a month.

10-10-11 07:41 PM
    When you mention nice web browser, it makes me thing you want a larger screen. While the OS7 native browser is the same (and pretty nice) on all these devices, the new Torch 9850/9860 has the largest screen. It has the best browsing experience if you do not mind a virtual keyboard. And it is the only one of the new BlackBerrys that has nothing but a virtual KB.
    10-10-11 07:46 PM
    I'm thinking the Torch 9850/60 because of the large touch screen. It would be great for browsing. But, you should go into your carrier store and try them out. Good luck in your hunt.
    10-11-11 05:50 AM
    This is my favorite. Get this:
    10-11-11 06:07 AM
    Data plans usually start at $25 for 500mb/month, 3g speed will depend on the device you pick (most devices should have 3G speed). 500mb in many instances should be sufficient for the average BB user.

As for device selection itself, depending on your budget, the new OS7 curve or Bold 9900/30 would be my suggestions.

It is best to go to a store and try them all out and for yourself, heck, even try out non-BBs because you just never know what you may find that suits YOUR needs best.

Though BB is the way to go. Good luck!

10-11-11 02:04 PM
    Since you seem to want both a good screen and a keypad I would go for a Torch 9800/9810.

10-11-11 02:30 PM
    Since you seem to want both a good screen and a keypad I would go for a Torch 9800/9810.

Agreed. Since browsing was at the top of the wish list, I'd go with the 9810 (and in fact I did!) before the 9900. The display is really nice, the browser is fast, and the whole device overall is just quick. And the battery life isn't bad at all for a 1.2 ghz processor. The only drawback compared to the 9900 is the keyboard, but it's still not bad. In fact I think I prefer typing on it over the big virtual keyboard on the PlayBook. Me and virtual keyboards just don't get along, even big virtual keyboards.

10-11-11 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD