where do you think the apps comes from? Grows on trees?

Perhaps you don't know this- but behind all apps are something called a "developer", behind more professional apps are what is called "a team". These are human beings, with families and responsibilities - most are done with school and moved out from their home - away from parents - and have to support themselves - and - their own family.

For us who pay our own bills, need something called "income" - which is then used to pay bills and food etc.,

perhaps you should consider starting to make apps, and move out from home, - and you can provide everyone with those nice apps for free - and of course give full support 24/7, making everybody happy

about expensive devices - you are aware that all smartphones cost money? Someone has to pay the bill ... And blackberry devices are comparable priced as other brands. If for some reason one brand is more expensive/cheap than others - you need to ask your carrier why.
    In many countries - carriers don't offer any special reductions on devices - and they all average around $500-$600
    arrogant and pointless
    02-14-14 03:38 PM
    Did you use Eclipse at time for Android?...
    Yeah, I did actually. I'll have to check out the Android Studio at some point. IntelliJ (which Android Studio is based on) is a nice IDE which I've played around with before too.
    02-14-14 03:38 PM
    I thought there was something wrong with BlackBerry world when I read the headline, turns out it's just a freebie *****.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    02-14-14 04:12 PM
    I switched from android to BlackBerry but while surfing on BlackBerry world I realized that (almost) everything in BlackBerry world shows items for sale. If this is the case, is BlackBerry a smartphone? And their net packs are also to expensive. If we are paying for such high price we should expect good and free apps. Why?

Posted via CB10
    Well, having the reverse experience now of being able to access Android apps via Snap I have to say thank God for BBWorld.

I was with you originally, why pay?

Now I have tried the free Android versions with advertisements I'll happily part with my 75p ($1), thanks.

BlackBerry World first, fantastic fill in with Snap second for anything I can't find (usually company & banking apps).

Oh, and why Candy Crush haven't made a BB10 version is beyond me. It wouldn't cost them that much, surely to port as the Android version runs as if it was.

Mrs Biggly is super addicted..

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:16 PM
    Thanks everyone for ur valuable comments. BlackBerry certainly has edge over internet browsing and battery life over android. And definitely we'll support BlackBerry by purchasing apps from BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    02-14-14 11:07 PM
    The only reason more android apps are free is for the fact you cannot turn off the permissions and you get a kit of spam / advertising. When you pay for an app you get to control the permissions for the most part and the advertising is gone. Nothing is free, remember that.

Posted with the Glorious Z30
    02-14-14 11:15 PM
    Thanks everyone for ur valuable comments. BlackBerry certainly has edge over internet browsing and battery life over android. And definitely we'll support BlackBerry by purchasing apps from BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    And you can always sideload Snap. There might be some BB10 apps that are "pay for" in BB World that you can find on Google Play that are free-ad supported.
    02-15-14 12:05 AM
    That's special about BlackBerry 10.. now we can run any app from android app store. Its very very special about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:02 AM
    Op, because the developer are professionals, actually need to be fed with real food.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 05:39 AM
34 12