View Poll Results: Are you attending Blackberry World 2012

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, can't wait!

4 50.00%
  • No, maybe next year...

4 50.00%
    I'm writing to get input on who plans to attend Blackberry World this year. I was unable to go last year but did attend in 2009 and 2010.

The session catalog looks a little sparse for this year (72 sessions total) but I also found tremendous value in talking to the vendors and networking with other administrators, users and developers using my platform and/or working in my industry (healthcare). Networking becomes a pretty moot point if I'm standing there talking to myself. So, I'm hoping others could offer their thoughts on whether they plan to attend and how they feel this year's conference will compare to previous years.

Thanks for the input!
    03-28-12 12:01 PM
    I will be going and this will be my 3rd formerly WES now BB World conference. I've always enjoyed the breakout sessions, vendors, and RIM personnel to ask questions. I haven't taken a close look at the sessions so I hope they add more. I didn't think I would be attending at first but I got approval so I can get a closer at Fusion to support other device platforms. It would be great to get a group together to network with.
    03-29-12 01:10 AM
    Yes I am going first time at Blackberry World. Newbie as you can say. Looking forward to it.
    04-03-12 10:10 AM
    I'm going this year, went last year. I hope they allow us to register for sessions soon.
    04-03-12 11:27 AM
    I'm going! First timer, here. Can't wait!
    04-03-12 11:28 AM
    Grrrr, someone bring me back a t-shirt. I am not going this year...LoL
    04-03-12 11:29 AM
    This is coming up quick and we still can't register for sessions.
    04-09-12 08:00 PM
    Yes I am going first time at Blackberry World.
    04-09-12 11:58 PM
    the session times are posted now but you still cant register for them yet
    04-13-12 10:37 AM
    When I log into the Session Catalog no sessions show up. Do you see sessions when you login?
    04-13-12 11:10 AM
    We should make this thread a sticky so that those who are going can keep up with each other and the CB team can let us know when the Official CB BB World Party and late-night three-beer podcast sessions are going to be!
    04-16-12 03:39 AM
    FYI, you can fully register for your sessions now
    04-16-12 07:44 AM
    Sessions have been signed up for. Thanks!
    04-16-12 02:17 PM
    I wish I could, it's just a tough time to take time off and go all the way across the country. I look forward to good reports from you guys.

A suggestion to RIM: After WWDC, Apple takes the popular sessions on a roadshow to different cities.

Since so many (in fact *most*) of the popular mobile apps that people want for BB10 are made in and around San Francisco and SV, maybe RIM could at least repeat the Cascades sessions this summer somewhere here in San Francisco?
    04-16-12 03:20 PM
    I wish I could, it's just a tough time to take time off and go all the way across the country. I look forward to good reports from you guys.

A suggestion to RIM: After WWDC, Apple takes the popular sessions on a roadshow to different cities.

Since so many (in fact *most*) of the popular mobile apps that people want for BB10 are made in and around San Francisco and SV, maybe RIM could at least repeat the Cascades sessions this summer somewhere here in San Francisco?

I am sure the popular sessions will get repeated, or expanded upon during various devCon's and Hackathons,

though I do agree with out, taking them on the road would be ideal,

as for BB World, if I win the CrackBerry Video Contest I'll be going to BB World, if I don't win the contest I'll be going to BB Jam
    04-16-12 03:37 PM
    You can now login to the conference guide app and see your own schedule.
    04-25-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD