I bought a new blackberryz10 stl 001 but it is an imported one as the blackberry service center says. They told that there is no warranty for it. Is it so??

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:10 AM
    I bought a new blackberryz10 stl 001 but it is an imported one as the blackberry service center says. They told that there is no warranty for it. Is it so??

Posted via CB10

Did you buy it from a carrier or from where? I still suspect if it's less than a year old you should have a 1 year warranty.

Also some people might not be aware but check your benefits associated with your credit card. Some credit cards offer extended warranty protection that extends the original warranty for a year on goods purchased with the card. I personally have never had to use it, but it's a good feature non the less.

What specifically is wrong with the phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:26 AM
    No I bought from amazon.in, the vendor said it had the manufacture warranty on both phone and accessories, I bought it few months back, fairly 5 months back and my usb charger was heating up. So I went to service center, there they checked my phone,took off my battery and checked for a printed label written "z10" which was not written on my phone... though my BlackBerry is in warranty, I have stl100 1 which is for india, blackberry is saying they are not going to provide me service just because I dont have a label z10

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 01:13 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Contact the vendor in writing. If they're not helping, forward their replies to Amazon directly to ask them for assistance.
    06-30-15 01:23 AM
    Thanx for welcome...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 02:28 PM
    Any change you can find out where it's been bought and send it in there. I know, that sounds like a silly suggestion, but I could be a last resort.

I heard that some import phones in Australia need to be shipped back to Hongkong for warranty, because they are NOT covered here (I think that applied to not only BlackBerry). That's why Harvey Norman staff is so keen to point out they sell 100% Aussie stock and have and exchange warranty... :-)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    07-01-15 03:39 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Contact the vendor in writing. If they're not helping, forward their replies to Amazon directly to ask them for assistance.
    There's a problem when updating Personal Profile. I upgraded from Z30 to unlocked Passport but the only options are the two in the attached screen shot. Why can't it just be 'BlackBerry Passport' like it is with 'BlackBerry Z30'.
    You have two options for the Passport and there both the same. Can't update Profile until it's amended.

BlackBerry won't cover warranty on import Z10-img_20150703_213051.png

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 03:36 PM
    There's a problem when updating Personal Profile. I upgraded from Z30 to unlocked Passport but the only options are the two in the attached screen shot. Why can't it just be 'BlackBerry Passport' like it is with 'BlackBerry Z30'.
    You have two options for the Passport and there both the same. Can't update Profile until it's amended.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150703_213051.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	360781

Posted via CB10
    Had similar issue a while back and ended up not updating my profile either.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 08:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mine still says Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 08:31 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150703_213051.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	360781

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for bringing this up! I had no idea. I will advise management as I can't do anything about it.

In meantime if you still want to change, selecting those Passport options still just shows "BlackBerry Passport" on your profile I believe. Check screenshot below of member's profile above yours.

Attachment 361017
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    07-05-15 11:20 AM
    No I bought from amazon.in, the vendor said it had the manufacture warranty on both phone and accessories, I bought it few months back, fairly 5 months back and my usb charger was heating up. So I went to service center, there they checked my phone,took off my battery and checked for a printed label written "z10" which was not written on my phone... though my BlackBerry is in warranty, I have stl100 1 which is for india, blackberry is saying they are not going to provide me service just because I dont have a label z10

Posted via CB10
    Chargers & batteries sometimes get warm. It's not a problem. IMO I would suggest, stop going to these service centres, their not run or own by BlackBerry and most customers have a terrible experience with them.

As for the phones warranty. The warranty belongs to the vendor that sold you the device or the original owner. In most cases warranties are not transferable.

If you do get any issues with you BlackBerry 10 devices, perform a Security Wipe or use BlackBerry Link to perform a full software reload. Most issue can be address in this way and it's all a service centre would do.
    www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 11:43 AM