I have an 8900 without data running .348. I went to my browser settings and the only choice I had was hotspot browser. Is this normal, or should I have more choices? Or do those choices appear when I get a data plan? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 11:09 AM
    Yes it is. WiFi is your only available connection without a data plan.
    I am not sure if Fido has a separate WAP browser (AT&T has MediaNet)
    11-21-09 11:15 AM
    Yes it is. WiFi is your only available connection without a data plan.
    I am not sure if Fido has a separate WAP browser (AT&T has MediaNet)
    Thank you for your information.
    I was a little worried i didnt have the all the options given..
    11-21-09 12:05 PM
    the regular Browser option appears when the proper service books are sent when a data plan is active. without them, on most phones, the actual browser icon disappears and all you will have is the WAP browser icon.
    11-21-09 06:43 PM
    without a DATA PLAN your only option is the WiFi
    11-23-09 11:47 AM
    if you dont have data and only have wifi, will everything work as if you do have data? (like on the iphone)
    11-23-09 12:21 PM
    if you dont have data and only have wifi, will everything work as if you do have data? (like on the iphone)
    No, most things will not work without a data plan.
    11-23-09 12:41 PM
    It's pretty useless without it. When I first got my 8900 I never had the data plan, but I couldn't even send picture messages and it was damn annoying. Not even pay as you go internet type like with most contracts where it's not included. Better with it.
    11-24-09 11:13 AM
    It's pretty useless without it. When I first got my 8900 I never had the data plan, but I couldn't even send picture messages and it was damn annoying. Not even pay as you go internet type like with most contracts where it's not included. Better with it.
    Yeah those picture message really bug me but you can find so many apps that use wifi, so that's good. But I'm getting a data plan fairly soon hopefully!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD