How usable are your blackberries without BIS? How are you able to download apps and what apps are you using?

I asked because I have a broadband connection that I can put in on unlocked storm. I can use 3g but it wont have bis.

If there are threads existing like this ne, please show me the links.
    06-17-09 10:21 AM
    BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) provides the structure for email, messages and your Internet Browser. In addition, the majority of third party applications require BIS to register or locate data.

If you are considering only the Wifi Connection, you will be able to use that with the Hotspot Browser.
    06-17-09 10:26 AM
    BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) provides the structure for email, messages and your Internet Browser.
    According to AT&T, only MMS messages, not SMS. Without a BIS or BES plan your BlackBerry can handle voice and SMS messaging. This is actually confirmed on my son's BlackBerry; he does not have a BB plan but can use voice and SMS all day long.
    06-17-09 03:19 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) provides the structure for email, messages and your Internet Browser. In addition, the majority of third party applications require BIS to register or locate data.

If you are considering only the Wifi Connection, you will be able to use that with the Hotspot Browser.
    Hi! Thanks for the response! I actually found the answer and talked to people who have done it. Everything will work except bbm even without BIS. I need that set up for a second berry.

If you're not convinced, you can check http://bb.anworm.com

I just need the native browser to work and beejive. I have bis on my bold already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 03:38 PM
    Hi! Thanks for the response! I actually found the answer and talked to people who have done it. Everything will work except bbm even without BIS. I need that set up for a second berry.

If you're not convinced, you can check Home ‎(BlackBerry Without BIS)‎

I just need the native browser to work and beejive. I have bis on my bold already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't think push email will work..

how would you setup a email account..
    06-17-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD