Ok we have all seen the latest releases from BlackBerry and some don't like it and some do! Here is what I think!

Should the become smaller? Yes, no doubt they need reductions to help normal operations! Do the need 10 different hand sets to succeed? No look at apple! They need a few strong devises which they are doing now! They need to reduce the bloat!

Should the get back to business and focus on that? Yes! Look where they started! They started in the business world with such success it flowed over to the consumer market! This looks like what they are doing! Back to BlackBerry basics and fundamentals! They need to get back to these basics to show what they are made of. BlackBerry is maybe not for the consumer that just wants to play games on their phone! The security and functionality of BlackBerry is why I am back after trying other platforms!

I do agree that they have dropped the ball on releases trying to appease the basic everyday consumer and that's where they sit now! They need to go back to basics. They have never had a large selection of phones but most of what they have had in recent years has been trying to compete with apple and android! I see a restructure back to the focus of business and security and now they have bb10 which I feel is the best platform I have used, the consumer market will follow to have the best. Not just following the heard of having an app to wipe your ***!

I am sorry I am a bit biased to BlackBerry because I have left and came back more than once getting caught up with the hype of other platforms just to have them fall short with useless bs. If BlackBerry regains the proper focus I see nothing but success and hope they follow something along those lines.

For now I am riding this ship to see what happens,

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:50 PM
    This is a pretty objective viewpoint, so kudos for that. I wish more people would post these types of threads. I am also riding along and staying faithful.
    09-22-13 07:17 PM
    Did u really say bb win with a straight face...:P
    09-22-13 07:22 PM
    In the end.. the only thing that matters is that it's the right phone for you.. if it is, then use it and don't let the nay sayers tell you otherwise.. if it's not, then it's not.. and that's ok too.
    09-22-13 07:23 PM
    Well let's see...

The Z10 is my main driver. I love it to death for the most part. So much that I bought a backup one that I keep in the box just in case because I don't do handset insurance.

Then I won a Q10 direct from BlackBerry which I put up for sale a twice and it didn't sell so I decided to just keep it. I can't part with it. It came in an official non-carrier box after all.

I now have my Q10 also set up and I switch off between the Q and Z as my daily drivers, both with a screen protector and a heavy-duty Seidio Convert Case.

Assuming I won't buy anymore BlackBerry devices, which is a worst case assumption, I will never part with my Z or Q. If I don't end up needing the backup Z by the time I get my next phone which may very well be 2-3 years, I may sell the extra one only depending on going value.

I love BlackBerry. It's the phone for me. Hopefully by the time I may need to switch to another platform and maker, some of the MAJOR turn-offs, caveats, and shortcomings compared to BB10 will be resolved. Though I fear they won't be since with Google and Apple, it is more company philosophy and practices that turn me off more than their product.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    donmateo likes this.
    09-22-13 07:32 PM
    Long Live BB!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-22-13 07:45 PM
    Yes straight faced and all! Look at what happened today! Was said back in august press release saying the ceo of fairfax was stepping down do to possible conflict of interest! This is showing that there is a plan. No one or company is going to invest in something to watch it collapse. Either will be sold off in sections for a profit, or the company will be turned around to make them money! For BlackBerry I hope it's the second of the two!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:19 PM
    Blackberry wins!-ice.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 and donmateo like this.
    09-23-13 06:25 PM