After reading so many post about the current Blackberry OS10 products compared to the competition and so on, I am sorry to say that even if Blackberry where to survive this latest bump in their rocky road, the most they could hope for is a last place finish in the current market. Sorry folks, but the damage has already been done. Many of their former clients here in the USA have moved on to other platforms and are not coming back and from what I have seen, the rest of the world is doing the same.

I honestly believe the only way to recapture the sliver of market share thats left is to somehow come up with something that has a "wow" factor that the competition doest have already and I don't see that happening with their current product line based on the current sales figures. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Blackberry has missed the boat.

As far as the title of this thread "Blackberry Will Rise Again Just Like Apple Did"? I don't think so, there is no Steve Jobs sitting on the board of directors or in charge of future product design that I have seen? As a business person myself in the Auto industry who has seen first hand of what happens when you loose touch with your customers and are late getting products to the market that the consumer will buy, the end result is the same.
    Roo Zilla and richardat like this.
    11-05-13 06:35 AM
    ...As far as the title of this thread "Blackberry Will Rise Again Just Like Apple Did"? I don't think so, there is no Steve Jobs sitting on the board of directors or in charge of future product design that I have seen? As a business person myself in the Auto industry who has seen first hand of what happens when you loose touch with your customers and are late getting products to the market that the consumer will buy, the end result is the same.
    A loser may not be a loser for long. A winner may not hold his trophy for good.
    The future is full of uncertainties, and is not easy to determine.
    At current state, the BlackBerry boat is filled with holes, but it's not the end as it doesn't sink and the holes get plug to stop the leaks as long as there's one or another two customer buys a BB product. However, the general impression that the current state of BB gives to consumers... it's a rocky and unstable boat to jump on. Take the Apple or Android cruise instead, strong, and more options out there. The Windows boat may be small, currently only built by one maker with limitations that can be seen, yet it still can carry one or another fans in a slower pace.

BB can build a good cruise, or even a ship. But the builders will have to make use of their tools(QNX and product design team) and having a clear mind on whether to tackle on the flaws(software issues and consumer demands). Only then... consumers will jump to this ship.
    11-05-13 07:14 AM
    How did they get back in the market? They CREATED mass consumer demand for MP3 players, and then carried that into the smartphone market. Blackberry isn't going to "create" anything new... at BEST they're a niche company in an already well established market.

People aren't going to jump on BB10 now... it's too little, too late. BB10 was their last chance to ever become a major player and they blew it. Big time.
    Excuse me, who are you are anyone else to say this. BlackBerry is very capable of "creating" something new. In fact, I heard their new CEO John Chen state recently on video here on Crackberry that when a company is struggling to survive studies have shown this phenomenon/situation produces the best fuel for Creativity. Go for it BlackBerry. Keep it moving!
    swapnilsj likes this.
    11-05-13 07:25 AM
    A loser may not be a loser for long. A winner may not hold his trophy for good.
    The future is full of uncertainties, and is not easy to determine.
    At current state, the BlackBerry boat is filled with holes, but it's not the end as it doesn't sink and the holes get plug to stop the leaks as long as there's one or another two customer buys a BB product. However, the general impression that the current state of BB gives to consumers... it's a rocky and unstable boat to jump on. Take the Apple or Android cruise instead, strong, and more options out there. The Windows boat may be small, currently only built by one maker with limitations that can be seen, yet it still can carry one or another fans in a slower pace.

BB can build a good cruise, or even a ship. But the builders will have to make use of their tools(QNX and product design team) and having a clear mind on whether to tackle on the flaws(software issues and consumer demands). Only then... consumers will jump to this ship.
    Well put as long the Captain in charge of the ship manages his fuel (money) and makes sure the ship is navigated in the right direction (current products and support) so he doesn't end up like the Titanic.
    11-05-13 07:30 AM
    Chen will have a tough times ahead. Unless if he gets a full support from the various divisions from the BlackBerry organization.
    11-05-13 07:40 AM
    Wish it were the case, but I do not see BBY being a major player in the mobile phone market (at least in North America-and particularly the USA), even though its Exchange service is the absolute BEST! The BYOD to work movement has taken hold in the US and there is a substantial cost savings to companies associated with such policy.
    11-05-13 07:44 AM
    i really hope so too !! in another years time when aim upgrading my z10 i want my next phone to be a blackberry too !!!!
    2cats1dog and swapnilsj like this.
    11-05-13 09:16 AM
    I know this is heresy, but there is one thing that could really save the day. That is a cutting edge phone with Android os.

The fact is that Android is taking over the world. It has reached critical mass now and there is no going back for a generation, just like Windows took over the PC world. BB10 is good and may have a more advanced future, and I love my Z10, but the market reality is that consumers don't care. Why should they when their Samsung, LG, HTC etc device does everything they want and more? And it's not even as if BBs have a price advantage!

Don't give up on BB10, but a cutting-edge Android device at the best possible competitive price could sell like hot cakes. The Blackberry brand does still have cachet, just stick it on a mass-market fully-capable phone and watch it sell like hot cakes. The Number One criticism of BB -no apps to speak of -would be solved at a stroke. Combined with BBM success that would bring in much needed revenue and keep the brand alive while they work on a more advanced incarnation of BB10 which combined with some knockout innovative feature could lead an iPhone-like renaissance.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-05-13 01:08 PM
    Excuse me, who are you are anyone else to say this. BlackBerry is very capable of "creating" something new. In fact, I heard their new CEO John Chen state recently on video here on Crackberry that when a company is struggling to survive studies have shown this phenomenon/situation produces the best fuel for Creativity. Go for it BlackBerry. Keep it moving!
    Wow. Looks like JC got another on the hook. And on a short cast too?
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-13 01:16 PM
    well its hard to predict, cos apple has many product ,not only iphone,while blackberry has only blackberry?should not compare blackberry with apple,compare it with nokia which once was a a leader then fell down and now is doing a comback
    11-05-13 01:21 PM
    BlackBerry makes great quality phones..... the problem Is the lack of apps..... the world wants many good options though the apps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-05-13 01:56 PM
    11-05-13 02:48 PM
    I get what you are saying...

I happen to agree with this. The only caveat is that I see this as akin to the old BBOS come up and punchy level off ending with the 9900. The caveat I see here is that I cannot say the same about BB10! it is fresh, with long lasting legs, has a powerhouse punch, and is hungry to reign.

I also agree with this. I believe Heins was hand picked by the old guard to continue their cascading (no pun intended) agenda. Like ScarFace said to Sosa when they hung the DEA agent from the helicopter.... "I never liked him... For all I know he had one of my best friends killed".

In general, I can agree about the coaching support, but ONLY that. This can be attributed to Heins' era. Heins is young and corporate. He has no passion for the sport. His only real goal is like much of the CEOs today.... "I will stay until I cannot stay any longer then move on with a fat severance". Very rarely do I see a corporate head like him remain in a position like that for 10 years (which BB10 was supposed to cover) without cashing out and moving along. Personally I don't have any confidence in Chen either! I would rather see the common man with a passion for the sport (like Kevin/You/Myself) at the helm before I see more of the same self preserving corporatism. Despite his sheepskin, there is no way anyone else could have handled their best fighter any worse.

BB10 can make it, but who will make BB10?
    Yes, that's the other problem, even if we pretend Chen IS great and sincere (i doubt it....but maybe!), BB no longer has the resources, and more than that, external support. If BB10 were Tizen, and Samsung were funding it and working on it as a pet project, it would be different. Knowing the resources they'd have available, the potentially long timeline, and the potential industry support, I'd say: hey, interesting, may well pan out someday....

...but that isn't the case unfortunately.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-13 02:50 PM
    First they need to innovate
    Fire all the arrogant managers and listen to the customers plus bring a rock star like ceo in
    then maybe they will bring it back from the brink
    as it stands bbry is bleeding profusely

constant failure to execute and poor management decisions like pricing subpar products at top of the line pricing

which bbry history has shown is never been a sound strategy except to attract buyers

2b in cash and now with a 1billion dollar equity loan with 6% interest you dont see something odd about that?

Anyone else noticing the striking resemblances between the blackberry of today and the apple of the 90s. Apple and blackberry were both doing well and then both CEOs were fired(for different reasons obviously) and the companies then stalled and went close to bankruptcy with various replacement CEOs. After a large investment Steve jobs returned and turned apple back into a successful company. Rumours are that lazaridis will return under the large investment announced today. So could be it be a repeat? Could blackberry rise up once again?

I hope so
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-05-13 05:18 PM
    Wow. Looks like JC got another on the hook. And on a short cast too?
    You're funny. LOL I'm proud to be a BB10 user. I enjoy my phone for the phone reception and sound quality the most. Added volume and added battery life are also very important to me. The Z30 offers me all these features in spades. This is why (mostly) I welcome the Z30 as my next cell phone.
    11-05-13 09:00 PM
    You're funny. LOL I'm proud to be a BB10 user. I enjoy my phone for the phone reception and sound quality the most. Added volume and added battery life are also very important to me. The Z30 offers me all these features in spades. This is why (mostly) I welcome the Z30 as my next cell phone.
    All that is good. Reference was not to your choice in phones. It had nothing to do with phones.
    11-05-13 09:25 PM
    Anyone else noticing the striking resemblances between the blackberry of today and the apple of the 90s. Apple and blackberry were both doing well and then both CEOs were fired(for different reasons obviously) and the companies then stalled and went close to bankruptcy with various replacement CEOs. After a large investment Steve jobs returned and turned apple back into a successful company. Rumours are that lazaridis will return under the large investment announced today. So could be it be a repeat? Could blackberry rise up once again?

I hope so
    Mike should return back as BlackBerry needs people to love it and appreciate it from heart..and mike is the one!!

Posted via CB10 on lovely Z10
    11-05-13 09:34 PM
    There is no doubt, this Company has a death wish.
    11-05-13 09:39 PM
    Would be nice but we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure bringing one of the bozo twins back is like Jobs but whatever makes ya feel better.
    You mean one of the "bozo twins" that created the company that (I assume) we all love today?

Yeah I get it, they messed up, but to treat them with the disrespect that some BlackBerry "fans" do makes no sense to me.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    11-05-13 09:40 PM
    Samsung does sell more phones, but not all those phones are smartphones. If you limit the comparison to "smartphones" the positions flip.
    FYI..

https://www.abiresearch.com/press/io...-at-14-while-w
    kevinnugent and TgeekB like this.
    11-05-13 10:51 PM

I hope so
    I'm not against bb but black berry hasn't been in the best hands (management) lately, as soon as the sale/buy out is done it will recover...honestly you have to have terrible management for an international company to go down like this (im referring to profit and stock/share price-I'm not saying they make bad products)

In all honesty the Z10 running bb os 10 should have been released when the iPhone came out (obviously without LTE though) and the Z30 should have been released as the iPhone 4S came out (obviously without LTE-there was no LTE back then) I'm just trying to say that their products came out too late. Also they should install an Android client on their devices, that way you wont have to side load....but I really think they should bring out an Android device or two and top it up with exclusive bb services and security, (they may even steel a lot of samsungs market share.

Now I'm not in any way suggesting that they abandon bb os, I'm just saying they should offer a wider choice of products.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-06-13 02:56 AM
    BlackBerry should innovate. Z10, Z30 were just like any other phones (yea, hub is great and so on), but it offers nothing spectacular. I love using my Z10 every day cause I know its a great phone, but how would I persuade someone else to buy an expensive BB10 phone when there are other android phones with better specs and lower price tag? Its not easy to make people understand that BB10 phones are great. SO marketing is the key, and in-order to market they need to bring in some quality innovation. State of the art processor, screen or battery.. they need to figure out this.
    11-06-13 03:34 AM
    There is something that everyone has forgot when they make comments about blackberry coming back like Apple did.

There is a major problem here, when Apple entered the smartphone market there was only Blackberry and a couple of small Android competitors they had to compete against.

That was then and now the market not only has major manufactures making these devices, you also have a ton of cheaper devices being produced in other countries.

Apple got into the market in the prime time and capitalized on folks looking for something other then what blackberry and the android devices where offering at the time. The rest is history.

Now you have a market which is dominated by Android and IOS, even big bad Microsoft who has far more working capital and revenue then BB has tried to break into this market and finally managed to take over third place after spending a fortune and many resources doing it.

It's going to take something with a "wow" factor or really special to get folks who are comfortable with their current platforms to come back to the Blackberry brand.

Mr Chen has a long hard road ahead and I hope he focuses are taking care of their current client base, improving customer service and product support.

They also need to get with the carriers they still have selling their products and reassure them of continued support.

As far as the USA goes, the damage here has already been done, but I really believe if BB where to campaign the consumer here and backup their promises with better support and product updates, well you just never know.

Maybe in the near distant future I will once again see folks using a blackberry's in Starbucks rather then the Android and IOS devices I see now.

Yes I am posting this from my iPhone 5 because I am still having GMail issues with my z10 on 10.1 because these carriers and/or Blackberry haven't released 10.2 to the T Mobile customers here in the USA.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    Last edited by bakron1; 11-06-13 at 06:03 AM.
    11-06-13 05:20 AM
    That's exactly true...

Posted via CB10 on lovely Z10
    11-06-13 11:33 AM
    BlackBerry should innovate. Z10, Z30 were just like any other phones (yea, hub is great and so on), but it offers nothing spectacular. I love using my Z10 every day cause I know its a great phone, but how would I persuade someone else to buy an expensive BB10 phone when there are other android phones with better specs and lower price tag? Its not easy to make people understand that BB10 phones are great. SO marketing is the key, and in-order to market they need to bring in some quality innovation. State of the art processor, screen or battery.. they need to figure out this.
    I agree with you. My q10 is great but lacking. It is not spectacular. It is not enough to make me give up my iphone and the ecosystem of apps I invested in and use everday for personal and professional reasons. BlackBerry will not rise from the dust until they give consumers what they want- apps. If they still profess going to a prosumer market (whatever that is), they will sell only to people who have to use the phone because their job makes them or a very few people outside that group. They tried this already and failed. BlackBerry Will not rise like Apple- they are too far behind. They have to figure out something else to do to be different from Apple. And really, only tech types care about "specs.". I cannot and have no desire to know the specs on my two phones. I only know that my BlackBerry cannot do what my iphone5 can daily. People want what works for them. BlackBerry has to figure out a way to work for people.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:44 AM
125 ... 345