I have a blackberry curve 8310 that was a AT&T phone and I unlocked it to use with Tmobile. I have had tzones on it since I have gotten the phone. I have recently switched to the full internet through tmobile but it does not work. When I go in to try and switch browers there are no other options at all. I am lost on this one and don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We also have another curve that was switched over and it does not get it either.
    12-23-10 11:40 AM
    Have you been able to access the T-Mobile BIS on the device? The phone has to be provisioned properly in order to access the internet through the BlackBerry Internet Service.

When you added the full internet, were you able to setup an e-mail address on the device? My guess is it isn't properly provisioned...
    12-23-10 11:50 AM
    So how do I go about doing that please. I am new to all of this and any help would be appreciated.
    12-23-10 12:28 PM
    It's no problem, we're here to help. Do you happen to see an "E-Mail Setup" icon on your main application screen? You said that you had been using Tzones, which I assume has it's own little application on the BlackBerry, but doesn't allow you to use all of the full BlackBerry Internet Service Applications, is that correct? I'm wondering if either of those phones have had their PIN #'s released from AT&T... Since they're originally ATT phones, they would have been activated on ATT at some time I would imagine. When you contacted T-Mobile, did you add the BlackBerry Interner Service? Do they know that you're using a BlackBerry?

Also, tell me if you have the actual Browser icon on the main application screen.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 12-23-10 at 12:48 PM.
    12-23-10 12:43 PM
    No we don't have any email setups on our application screen. Mine is a AT&T and his is a tmobile. Yes they know we are both using blackberrys. I have a setup wizard on the application screen. Yes when I hit my browser button it says att when it is loading but goes to the tzones. His say tmobile as it loads and goes to tzones also.
    12-23-10 01:11 PM
    Yeah, the setup wizard is different that the actual E-Mail Setup application. First thing I would do is contact T-Mobile and make sure that the correct data plan has been added to your account. You need to make sure that you have the BlackBerry Internet Service plan on the account, and that the Tzones is removed. From there, the carrier should be able to send the service books to your handsets which will allow you to use the internet as it is intended on that device.
    12-23-10 01:28 PM
    I already made that call and we do have the right service on our phones. Tzones is gone off of our plan but that is the way it is still connecting. Someone said something about a factory reset on the phone.
    12-23-10 01:36 PM
    Yeah, that'd be what I'd suggest. It's called wiping your device. If you go under the options menu, under security it'll have the option to wipe the handheld. That's the only other thing that I could think would work.
    12-23-10 02:12 PM
    There is nothing under security that says that. I don't know where else to look for it. I have gone through a lot on the phone to figure out how to reset it or wipe it.
    12-23-10 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD