Hi CB, first time posting.

I was wondering if there was anyway to mask my wifi connection on my blackberry curve 8520 (no data plan) as a data connection so that apps like gmail and google maps would work.

If this is not possible, what would be the best way to decompile a blackberry app to change some configurations?

Thanks in adavance.
    06-10-11 06:03 PM
    Nope. You need a BlackBerry Data Plan for the Google apps to work even over WiFi.
    06-11-11 08:46 AM
    I was wondering if there was anyway to mask my wifi connection on my blackberry curve 8520 (no data plan) as a data connection so that apps like gmail and google maps would work.
    Unfortunately the BB smart phone is built around needing a BB plan, either BIS or BES for the majority of functioins. Without the data plan you'll be able to make and receive calls and SMS and browse the internet using the internet browser via Wi-Fi. The remainder of the functionality and 3rd party apps will require a BB data plan.

If this is not possible, what would be the best way to decompile a blackberry app to change some configurations?
    It doesn't matter what OS you put on your phone it will still need the BB data plan to be able to use it's functionality.

If you just want a generic data plan on your account then you'll need to swap to another manufacturer's phone all together I'm afraid.
    06-11-11 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD