I would like to take my Blackberry Bold along with me on some run and bike rides (long ones) and use the Google Latitude application so that my wife can track me (for safety reasons). Would just putting it in a ziploc bag in my pocket be ok? I'm a very heavy sweater so it needs to be protected in something, but will being confined in the waterproof bag in some pretty warm temperatures damage the device any?
    06-23-09 02:01 PM
    I would put a "silica bag" in with it to absorb any moisture that might accumulate.
    06-23-09 02:06 PM
    In another view: Yeah I could never understand those people who put them in zip lock bags whilst taking a shower because moisture would appear inside the bag from the hot temperature :P
    06-23-09 02:07 PM
    I've seen dry things "sweat" immensly inside ziplocks. You might want to wrap it in a dry washcloth to help absorb and protect your bb.
    06-23-09 02:11 PM
    I have seen small "dry bags" at the local Wally Mart in the sporting goods section.
    06-23-09 02:16 PM
    Ziplock bags are actually porous, they won't keep all moisture out. if you want it dry yes you need a "dry bag" like for water sports, and putting in a few silica gel packets wont hurt either
    06-23-09 02:52 PM
    Try an Aquapac,
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=pbXPI2G_

I bought one and they seal up nice and you can still use your BB while it's safely contained.
    06-23-09 02:58 PM
    Try an Aquapac,
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=pbXPI2G_

I bought one and they seal up nice and you can still use your BB while it's safely contained.
    I agree with Alley 100% I have a friend who used this for when he took a road trip to california and he documented every thing via blog via blackberry and he said he would just keep his phone in that when around the water/sand. His phone came back looking just as good as it did when it left.
    06-23-09 03:17 PM
    I wanna buy one of those aquapacs, but can you hear out of the phone speaker when it's in? and I would believe that using the trackball must be near impossible while the phone is in there.
    06-23-09 06:14 PM
    If you put the BB in one ziplock bag, and then take a freezer zip lock bag around the first one...it really works quite well....
    06-23-09 08:18 PM
    How much is a ipod shuffle? Like $80 I think. would that be better and lighter. Not sure how it works with sweat but wouldn't think to be a problem as it seems to be something to exercise with.
    06-24-09 03:25 AM
    How much is a ipod shuffle? Like $80 I think. would that be better and lighter. Not sure how it works with sweat but wouldn't think to be a problem as it seems to be something to exercise with.
    I don't think the shffle works with Latitude...
    06-24-09 04:06 AM
    I bought an aquapack since I use mine in the shower

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 04:19 AM
    Condoms......
    Ultra thins and you can even use a Storm.
    Tie off the end and your away.
    06-24-09 04:20 AM
    Yeah to your local sporting goods store like Dicks Sporting Good, REI, or something similar. They should have tons of stuff you can use.
    06-24-09 06:51 AM
    I wanna buy one of those aquapacs, but can you hear out of the phone speaker when it's in? and I would believe that using the trackball must be near impossible while the phone is in there.
    The Aquapac sticks to the case of the Blackberry.
    I was able to use the phone.
    The trackball is a little bit tough, but I found it usable.
    For me, it was worthwhile to invest in a commercially available well designed accessory rather than jury-rig something and risk damaging my BB.
    06-24-09 09:18 AM
    I recently bought a vacuum sealed waterproof bag and it works well, i use it every time i go outdoors, maybe it will help; drycase.com
    07-22-09 10:27 AM
    The best thing to do and something I do when we go out on the duck boat or any boat for that matter is like a few people said, go to a sporting goods store and get a dry bag and you'll be good to go
    07-22-09 10:36 AM
    The Drycase looks very similar to the Aquapac.
    The biggest difference is that Aquapac is $5 cheaper on Shop Crackberry.

I feel you're much better off getting a commercially available product rather than being forced to explain that your insurance claim is because the condom broke.
    07-22-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD