I bought a storm off ebay in June 2009. Last month it broke. DOes not power on. The red LED keeps blinking. Tried everything but no luck. Am sure its not an OS issue.

Now since the phone was with Verizon , US and I had bought it unlocked, I assume there is no warranty with it in Ireland. Any light on thi please ?
    04-30-10 07:06 AM
    BlackBerry Handheld Limited Warranty

Here are a couple of excerpts ...

for a period that is the shorter of (i) one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user ("YOU")

This Limited Warranty is not transferable.

Since you were not the original end user, the warranty does not apply.
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 04-30-10 at 07:22 AM.
    04-30-10 07:20 AM
    Thanks MM.

Does it mean that ANY blackberry purchased over ebay (whether factory unlocked or not) is not covered under warranty ?

I am asking coz I was planning to buy a second one from ebay. The seller claimed that since the phone is factory unlocked, it is covered under warranty.
    04-30-10 08:03 AM
    If you are interested in having a warranty, you do need to go to your local shop, or directly from RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 08:56 AM
    My dad bought a blackberry tour off ebay. I told them that it would have a warranty from verizon when his headphone jack stopped working and they would replace it over the phone. When I talked to the representative from verizon on the phone they said they give their phones a one year warranty and would replace it. So I told him to call and boom in 2 days his new replacement tour came in the mail even if he bought it from ebay. Call verizon, as long are you are the account holder, explain what's happening to your storm and I'm sure they will replace it especially since its a storm and many people have had issues with it. Tell us how it goes! I'm sure they will send a replacement no matter what!

04-30-10 09:41 AM
    If verizon is not willing to send you a replacement, see this thread helps...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    04-30-10 11:29 AM
    04-30-10 11:34 AM
    My one simple rule for consumer electronics: Always buy retail from a local store.
    04-30-10 11:36 AM
    If verizon is not willing to send you a replacement, see this thread helps...

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks ST79, but I spent a month trying all these threads.
    04-30-10 11:56 AM
    My dad bought a blackberry tour off ebay. I told them that it would have a warranty from verizon when his headphone jack stopped working and they would replace it over the phone. When I talked to the representative from verizon on the phone they said they give their phones a one year warranty and would replace it. So I told him to call and boom in 2 days his new replacement tour came in the mail even if he bought it from ebay. Call verizon, as long are you are the account holder, explain what's happening to your storm and I'm sure they will replace it especially since its a storm and many people have had issues with it. Tell us how it goes! I'm sure they will send a replacement no matter what!

I am not the a/c holder. I have moved to Ireland.
    04-30-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD