Curious about the Warranty.
    If I purchase a NEW in box BlackBerry Storm 2 without contract from eBay what will my Warranty be if lets say something malfunctions on it?
    04-08-10 03:09 PM
    04-08-10 04:18 PM
    BlackBerry

Handheld Limited Warranty

The BlackBerry Handheld, the BlackBerry Cradle, and any other RIM hardware accessories, excluding external batteries and SIM cards, which are provided to YOU concurrently and in conjunction with the BlackBerry Handheld specifically for use with YOUR particular model of BlackBerry Handheld (which together comprise the BlackBerry Hardware), will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period that is the shorter of (i) one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user ("YOU") and (ii) the period ending upon YOUR breach of the BlackBerry End-User/Software License Agreement (the "License Agreement") entered into between YOU and Research In Motion Limited and/OR its affiliated group of companies' ("RIM") in connection with the BlackBerry Solution (the "Warranty Period"). This Limited Warranty is not transferable ...
    The question is, if you buy from an eBay vendor, are they or are you the original end-user ("YOU")?

It is an important question becasue:

This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
    04-08-10 04:52 PM
    BlackBerry

The question is, if you buy from an eBay vendor, are they or are you the original end-user ("YOU")?

It is an important question becasue:

Well if its new in box never used and not registered to a user I guess I would be the original owner because I registered it??
    04-08-10 05:38 PM
    No. The original invoice will be to a carrier or approved distributor. The seller will be the original owner, not his customer.

Buyer Beware.
    04-08-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD