Can someone point me to some research on how long a Blackberry Bold lasts on one charge versus the Iphone. I think that the Iphone graphic capabilities means it does not last long on one charge. Whereas the Blackberry was designed to last a long time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780
    05-27-12 01:01 PM
    Which BlackBerry vs Iphone bat test..?

http://crackberry.com/googlesearch?z...ne4s%20battery
    05-27-12 01:03 PM
    Bold 9900 and iPhone4 very similar battery life. I have owned both and under heavy use give the edge to the iPhone.

I like the 9900 for my needs plus can swap out a battery.
    05-27-12 01:41 PM
    Bold 9900 and iPhone4 very similar battery life. I have owned both and under heavy use give the edge to the iPhone.

Amen! The ability of the Blackberry to throw in a fresh battery is an absolute plus in the RIM corner.
    05-27-12 01:48 PM
    when we are comparing the battery capacity it self I think the lasted iphone has a 1900mAh battery builed in. The 99xx has only a 1230mAh battery.

wow, just checked and the 4s has only a 14xx mAh battery.

Perhabs after reading data form all that androids I mixed some data up

The g note has a 2500mAh battery for example O_o

Imaging if the would have put 1mm or 2mm more into the device/a 1900 or 2000mAh battery, the 99xx would rock two to four days!

(mine after finding some bad combination of OS version and Apps I get 1% drain in Idle with 3G and I get about 2 days out of it, before 5-7% drain and half a work day)
    05-27-12 02:20 PM
    Being able to add another JM1 is cool. Glad I have two.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-27-12 02:24 PM
    Which Bold? I had the Bold 9650 & my iPhone lasts longer than that one ever did. I get a day & a half to almost two days with moderate to light-heavy usage. I tweet a lot and watch videos a lot so I'm always on my phone lol. Right now I'm at 84% & I took it off the charger at 9 this morning.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 03:33 PM
    Can someone point me to some research on how long a Blackberry Bold lasts on one charge versus the Iphone. I think that the Iphone graphic capabilities means it does not last long on one charge. Whereas the Blackberry was designed to last a long time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780

completely depends on usage.

I did a open house event on Thursday last week, 18 or so vendors, all of the BlackBerry's lastest the day in the weak signal area, a couple of the iPhones made it, none of the Androids made it much past lunch

MOST devices are corporately set up, and these are users who just use the phones as they are told to, no exploration no changing,

if your usage is heavily video related over wifi, chances are your iPhone will last longer than your BlackBerry, if your usage is heavy email sending receiving and phone conversations, chances are your bold will last longer
    05-27-12 04:26 PM

This. My iPhone far outperforms my 9900 for battery with heavier use.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    05-27-12 04:52 PM
    I have the 9860 and my wife has the iPhone4. My BB last way longer. Hers last about 6 to 8 hours my 9860 about 10 to 12 with heavier usage.
    05-27-12 08:52 PM
    although the battery life may be the same there is something that the BBs have an advantage over... removable battery!
    anjali_jain likes this.
    05-27-12 10:41 PM
    I can have one too if I really want one. I have the screwdriver and it's a 30 second process to change the battery.
    However unlike my 9900 I've never NEEDED to battery swap my iPhone. I get 24-48 hours depending on use. My iPhone now has been off charger since this afternoon at 1 pm, it's almost 4 am now and I'm at 76%. I jailbroke it this afternoon and have been respringing (restarting) to apply tweaks and get it set up. Haven't done any messaging or calls as I've been doing the setup but it's been pretty much continual use without 4 hours idle and I've only dropped 25%. When I have to restart my 9900, I lose 4-5% each time and the longest I've made it without a charge is 18 hours with extremely light use. Like in my pocket not touching for hours use.

05-28-12 02:53 AM
    My room mate has iPhone 3Gs and right now i m using BB bold 9700. And i have seen the BB battery definatley last longer then iPhone.
    05-28-12 04:19 AM
    I can have one too if I really want one. I have the screwdriver and it's a 30 second process to change the battery.
    However unlike my 9900 I've never NEEDED to battery swap my iPhone. I get 24-48 hours depending on use. My iPhone now has been off charger since this afternoon at 1 pm, it's almost 4 am now and I'm at 76%. I jailbroke it this afternoon and have been respringing (restarting) to apply tweaks and get it set up. Haven't done any messaging or calls as I've been doing the setup but it's been pretty much continual use without 4 hours idle and I've only dropped 25%. When I have to restart my 9900, I lose 4-5% each time and the longest I've made it without a charge is 18 hours with extremely light use. Like in my pocket not touching for hours use.

Yeah, how to void your warranty in 30 seconds, nice one rennee, great advice.

PS the OP has a Bold 9780 that will outlast any iphone in battery life, not the 9900.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 05-28-12 at 04:31 AM.
    05-28-12 04:28 AM
    I don't care about battery life because I have around 2 spares to help pass the day.

Still, its a heck of a pain to charge those batteries.

But, the ability to do that makes me like bb way better than iphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    05-28-12 05:00 AM
    I have a 9930 and the iP4S. The longest I can last on the iPhone is around 21 hours ON WIFI. Since I'm not on WIFI during the week except when at home, I last to around the time I get out of work if I don't plug it in, so I must plug it in if I want to have the phone until I get out of the Metro back to the car. Meaning that there is an awareness of where is the nearest power source and when I can get to it.
    On the 9900 I last about 26 hours on WiFi with heavier use since I'm heavily dependent on BBM. During the week when I'm at work it will last all day without unplugging until I get home. So that's around sixteen hours straight without plugging in. With HEAVY USE.
    I travel frequently with my team. On systems installs, I've always carried my iPhone charger. It's funny to see everyone's constant use of the charger. While those of us with BBs go on to what we have to do without having to plug in or worry about how much battery we have left.
    The Skyrocket is atrocious. Half a day, if that.

Oh! I do carry spares. Big plus for BBerries. And airports now have these wonderful charging stations, making travel easier to handle.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 05-28-12 at 08:38 AM.
    05-28-12 06:21 AM
    This battery business can be grossly misleading, and it should be specified.

If I take my phone off the charger in the morning within an hour I'm down to 95%

If I charge it in the evening and I take it off the charger at 10pm, by 8am it will be down to 95%

So should say my phone's discharge rate is 5% per hour or 5% per 10 hours?

See what I mean?
    05-28-12 06:37 AM
    My room mate has iPhone 3Gs and right now i m using BB bold 9700. And i have seen the BB battery definatley last longer then iPhone.
    The 9700 would outlast the 9900 as well. The new OS and the battery life has taken a huge hit. You can't compare that. My Curve lasted a week. I wouldn't compare it to a current phone.

As far a the standby thing, I don't know what apple did but my iPhone loses 1% or less overnight. It's the first phone I ever have used that loses nothing while I'm sleeping and it's on my nightstand on silent.

05-28-12 12:32 PM
    Yeah, how to void your warranty in 30 seconds, nice one rennee, great advice.

PS the OP has a Bold 9780 that will outlast any iphone in battery life, not the 9900.
    You missed the point. If I wanted to I CAN. I don't NEED to.

05-28-12 12:35 PM
    You should compare it with 9700 and 9780
    one day with heavy usage of bbm, whatsapp, and medium-usage of browsing and email only consumes 50%, which is good for my 2 years+ old phone

--BB 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    05-28-12 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD