What's the uniqueness of BlackBerry smartphones that other smartphones doesn't have?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 05-22-19 at 08:21 AM. Reason: OP cannot be title
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    05-22-19 07:22 AM
    In terms of current devices, physical keyboards. In terms of past devices, also physical keyboards.
    05-22-19 07:24 AM
    In terms of current devices, physical keyboards. In terms of past devices, also physical keyboards.
    You forgot rubbery backs, and notification LED (since those are effectively extinct also)
    05-22-19 07:52 AM
    You forgot rubbery backs, and notification LED (since those are effectively extinct also)
    With the advent of 5G, non-glass isn't long for this world anyway. Still, it'll be a long while if ever before 5G and the BB bullets have to coexist.
    05-22-19 08:00 AM
    A brand no longer manufactured by the OEM confused for a brand licensed from that OEM to a new OEM that is supported by people of the first brand and know it went under but still complain about the efforts of the second OEM to create a survivable business model.
    05-22-19 08:01 AM
    A brand no longer manufactured by the OEM confused for a brand licensed from that OEM to a new OEM that is supported by people of the first brand and know it went under but still complain about the efforts of the second OEM to create a survivable business model.
    That was amazing. 😂
    john_v and OTCHRussell like this.
    05-22-19 08:15 AM
    And tech support farmed out to a third party fan site forum
    elfabio80, DWonder, Molfus and 1 others like this.
    05-22-19 08:38 AM
    What's the uniqueness of BlackBerry smartphones that other smartphones doesn't have?

Posted via CB10
    Currently, their logo. Also a physical keyboard, and just because I can't find anything else that has it, rubberized backs. This would be a bit longer of a post if what was unique previously was included, but back then the competition was still ramping up.
    05-22-19 09:00 AM
    And tech support farmed out to a third party fan site forum
    Our forum was usually better than their forum anyway.
    05-22-19 09:03 AM
    "Hardened" Android?

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-22-19 09:10 AM
    "Hardened" Android?

Posted via CB10
    Yup, so hardened that even updates can't get through!
    05-22-19 09:43 AM
    "Hardened" Android?

Posted via CB10
    There's been others, BlackBerry isn't unique here.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-22-19 09:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Some BB devices have PKB, anything else is common in other smartphones
    the_boon likes this.
    05-22-19 10:38 AM
    Some BB devices have PKB, anything else is common in other smartphones
    Although LED notifications are disappearing fast on other devices.
    the_boon and stlabrat like this.
    05-22-19 01:16 PM
    Currently, just the keyboard and nothing else.
    Few years ago, besides the keyboard, there were many unique features like the operating system, BBM, security, great support, and a very strong company with its distinctive brand.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-22-19 01:33 PM
    Currently, just the keyboard and nothing else.
    Few years ago, besides the keyboard, there were many unique features like the operating system, BBM, security, great support, and a very strong company with its distinctive brand.
    Try and find another smartphone with a LED for notifications, a grippy back, a sturdy design, and a great battery.
    05-22-19 02:19 PM
    Try and find another smartphone with a LED for notifications, a grippy back, a sturdy design, and a great battery.
    Definitely wont be one outside of BlackBerry that has all of those.

The LED is pretty much effectively extinct now, if I recall correctly, the last gen Samsungs had it (but with the stupid 5 second intervals between each blink) and no more on the S10 (maybe the + has it).

The OnePlus 6 had it but no more after that
    05-22-19 03:06 PM
    Although LED notifications are disappearing fast on other devices.
    Yeah pretty bad. But OEMs that use super amoled screen put always on display, maybe to replace that led feature.
    05-22-19 11:49 PM
    Yeah pretty bad. But OEMs that use super amoled screen put always on display, maybe to replace that led feature.
    That's what weaned me off the LED.
    chain13 and cribble2k like this.
    05-23-19 12:27 AM
    On notification LED:

Last year's LG G7 also has it (I have one), not sure about the current one (G8)
    05-23-19 02:51 AM
    On notification LED:

Last year's LG G7 also has it (I have one), not sure about the current one (G8)
    LG is funny. G6 - no LED. G7 has it, and G8 doesn't.
    05-23-19 07:41 AM
    That's what weaned me off the LED.
    Lol, always on display is much more prone to burn-in and eats A LOT of battery.
    Compare that to a small, effective notification LED that has barely any impact whatsoever on the battery or any other component.
    Traderhorn likes this.
    05-23-19 07:56 AM
    Compare that to a small, effective notification LED that has barely any impact whatsoever on the battery or any other component.
    I know a lot of people who switched from the DTEK50 to the Pixel 3, and that's their number one complaint.

It's hard not to see all those colours.
    05-23-19 08:38 AM
    I know a lot of people who switched from the DTEK50 to the Pixel 3, and that's their number one complaint.

It's hard not to see all those colours.
    Maybe, maybe not. I've not had issues with AoD eating battery life and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

BlackBerry vs. Everyone else?-12hr30min.jpg
    05-23-19 10:16 AM
    Maybe, maybe not. I've not had issues with AoD eating battery life and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.
    Hasn't been an issue for me either... nor burn in. But then my S7 does have a notification LED too, that I really appreciate. Just a glance from across the room, and I know what account just got a message.
    05-23-19 01:22 PM
182 123 ...