That's it, this is what I've been wondering when I discuss with you. In What use case (you've ever encounter) when android or iOS falls/has drawbacks?
    For me, it's this:

Hundreds of daily emails across multiple domains/companies where calendars, contacts, notes and tasks must be completely segregated, and where long, detailed, custom responses are required. The BB10 Peek and Flow gestures, swiping from any location on the screen in any app to instantly look at the inbox of any account, allows me to stay on top of all my accounts without the interruption of constant notifications.

The interface design within the native email app is simple, with no extraneous buttons or format controls. I can see the sender, addresses, and subject information without extra taps to make CC and BCC visible, giving me proper situational awareness. In the compose area, the clean interface allows me to focus on the text I'm composing, black and white.

Finally, the LED, which rotates through colors for all accounts with unread messages, allows me to leave the screen off and my phone on the table until I have an unread message in an account I'm monitoring.

The results:

1) Less time checking for new work emails, improving my work and life
    2) Faster responses due to better notifications and screening tools, resulting in improved client satisfaction and more sales
    3) Better writing, with fewer interruptions from pop-up notifications and a cleaner interface that focuses my attention on language
    4) Better situational awareness about everyone in the email chains, leading to more effective communications
    5) Better segregation of data between accounts, especially when it comes to Contacts, which should NEVER be shared between accounts, leading to fewer errors and better protection of client relationships
    06-01-19 11:28 AM
    For me, it's this:

Hundreds of daily emails across multiple domains/companies where calendars, contacts, notes and tasks must be completely segregated, and where long, detailed, custom responses are required. The BB10 Peek and Flow gestures, swiping from any location on the screen in any app to instantly look at the inbox of any account, allows me to stay on top of all my accounts without the interruption of constant notifications.

The interface design within the native email app is simple, with no extraneous buttons or format controls. I can see the sender, addresses, and subject information without extra taps to make CC and BCC visible, giving me proper situational awareness. In the compose area, the clean interface allows me to focus on the text I'm composing, black and white.

Finally, the LED, which rotates through colors for all accounts with unread messages, allows me to leave the screen off and my phone on the table until I have an unread message in an account I'm monitoring.

The results:

2) Faster responses due to better notifications and screening tools, resulting in improved client satisfaction and more sales
    3) Better writing, with fewer interruptions from pop-up notifications and a cleaner interface that focuses my attention on language
    4) Better situational awareness about everyone in the email chains, leading to more effective communications
    5) Better segregation of data between accounts, especially when it comes to Contacts, which should NEVER be shared between accounts, leading to fewer errors and better protection of client relationships
    Aquamail Pro. I may as well be a shill at this point. 🙄 There's no LED option but it hits or comes pretty close to what you're describing. If you absolutely have to email on Android, it's the way to go.
    06-01-19 01:03 PM
    Aquamail Pro. I may as well be a shill at this point. 🙄 There's no LED option but it hits or comes pretty close to what you're describing. If you absolutely have to email on Android, it's the way to go.
    Thanks for the recommendation. My biggest frustration with Android and email is that, unlike with legacy BlackBerry systems, email is just another app and has no deep integration into the OS. That means a lot of extra navigation for opening the app, notifications, and task switching.

I largely use my phone as a dedicated email appliance and Android's OS is in the way.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-01-19 01:11 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation. My biggest frustration with Android and email is that, unlike with legacy BlackBerry systems, email is just another app and has no deep integration into the OS. That means a lot of extra navigation for opening the app, notifications, and task switching.

I largely use my phone as a dedicated email appliance and Android's OS is in the way.

Email/hub on a BB10 device is just an app too. It's just pre-installed and gets updated with the OS, and not BlackBerry World.

And honestly, I find the breadth of depth of integration far better on Android than BB10.

Perhaps you are mainly referring to commonality of controls across apps.
    06-01-19 01:19 PM

I've been using it for a few years, so it feels as fast as BB10 amd BBOS because I know how to use it. I'd be curious to hear a new user's comparison.
    06-01-19 01:25 PM
    Email/hub on a BB10 device is just an app too. It's just pre-installed and gets updated with the OS, and not BlackBerry World.

And honestly, I find the breadth of depth of integration far better on Android than BB10.

On this we do not agree. Hub on Android is an afterthought, they need to do a bit more coding. It has some features, sure, but it's not quite there.

Also, TRUNCATED. I hadn't seen that since BBOS, why is that even still a thing? Between that and reliance on Hub+ services I'm never putting Hub on anything.
    06-01-19 01:35 PM
    On this we do not agree. Hub on Android is an afterthought, they need to do a bit more coding. It has some features, sure, but it's not quite there.

Also, TRUNCATED. I hadn't seen that since BBOS, why is that even still a thing? Between that and reliance on Hub+ services I'm never putting Hub on anything.
    The UX is certainly different on Android due to the requirements of Material Design - not because of a technical limitation.
    06-01-19 01:44 PM
    The UX is certainly different on Android due to the requirements of Material Design - not because of a technical limitation.
    Nah. They can make elements behave WAY better, because other devs have.
    06-01-19 01:49 PM
    Nah. They can make elements behave WAY better, because other devs have.
    Agreed, the pull down gesture on the hub to view events is a good example of this. It's not as smooth as it is on BB10 or even other Android apps that implement a "pull down" menu.

There's also a lot of lost productivity potential with BlackBerry Launcher and Hub+ widgets compared to offerings from Google and Microsoft IMO. BlackBerry likely won't port "Peek and Flow" but there's still a lot more they can do with Android to make up for it.
    06-01-19 02:35 PM
    Agreed, the pull down gesture on the hub to view events is a good example of this. It's not as smooth as it is on BB10 or even other Android apps that implement a "pull down" menu.

There's also a lot of lost productivity potential with BlackBerry Launcher and Hub+ widgets compared to offerings from Google and Microsoft IMO. BlackBerry likely won't port "Peek and Flow" but there's still a lot more they can do with Android to make up for it.
    It's as if they don't realize how much they can do with Android. It's been four years, no excuse.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    06-01-19 04:01 PM

I'm specifically referring to the Peek and Flow functionality in BB10 that allow the user to swipe from inside any app from anywhere on the screen to instantly see which email accounts have unread messages, and to quickly switch between accounts. This OS-level gesture integration that prioritizes email over all other functions on the phone is unmatched in Android or iOS.

The BlackBerry Hub dev team did the best they could, in my opinion, between the left bezel swipe, the widget that prioritizes a single account, and the (now EOL) productivity tab. But it's a lot clunker in Android, and the combination of that and the gimped LED, that won't rotate to identify which accounts have unread messages, means that the simple task of monitoring ones inbox takes a lit more attention and time than it did in BB10.

That may not be a big deal for list if users, but it certainly has been for me.

06-01-19 07:28 PM
    I've been using it for a few years, so it feels as fast as BB10 amd BBOS because I know how to use it. I'd be curious to hear a new user's comparison.
    It doesn't work for me at all. No matter how much I practice, the travel distance for my right thumb to the left bezel for switching email accounts us just too far, and when I "miss" I end up swiping right on an individual message, which triggered a shortcut action. So then I had to turn off the swipe right function, which slowed me down even more.

I end up carrying my Z10 just for email and the CB app, and using the KEYone for everything else.

06-01-19 07:32 PM
    It's also possible that the demands of some people's jobs take them beyond anything they could get done on a phone regardless of OS.
    pdr733 likes this.
    06-01-19 08:18 PM
    You complain about gigantic heavy slabs in the beginning of this post only to end it by using a slab that weighs in at 263grams to try prove your point about practicality.

Wow.

So practical that it’s bigger and much heavier than an iPhone Plus model or OnePlus.

[IMG=780x392]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190601/ca28abf4ff4082cfd9da2e910667097f.jpg[/url]

Boon bro, what have you been smoking? This slab hate got you wildin’.
    Ok , fair enough, I guess I was referring to RED's decision to go with a rubber back and finger grooves, as opposed to a glass back.

Lol didn't even realize that phone was bigger than an iPhone Plus which I consider to be way too big.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-01-19 08:44 PM
    Since you value a phone only by its grip, or led, or cheap plastic keyboard on it.
    What keyboard in the history of keyboards was NOT plastic?

Typical "Plastic = cheap" argument lol

He has been outdosing crackberrian pills
    #bbsheep4life
    Last edited by the_boon; 06-01-19 at 09:02 PM.
    chain13 likes this.
    06-01-19 08:45 PM
    It doesn't work for me at all. No matter how much I practice, the travel distance for my right thumb to the left bezel for switching email accounts us just too far, and when I "miss" I end up swiping right on an individual message, which triggered a shortcut action. So then I had to turn off the swipe right function, which slowed me down even more.

I end up carrying my Z10 just for email and the CB app, and using the KEYone for everything else.

What about using 2-pane view? Keeps accounts visible at all times, which is my preferred layout.
    06-01-19 10:42 PM
    That may not be a big deal for list if users, but it certainly has been for me.
    Given BB Android's adoption rate...maybe? At the end of the day BlackBerry has to play by Android's rules and now that Productivity Tab is EOL there's not much that they do which can't be done through other apps and non BB Android devices with Hub+ Services.

There would certainly be precedent for it, many BBOS power users passed on BB10 at launch because the OS was missing traditional "power user" features. If you have to re-learn an OS you may as well shop around.
    06-02-19 12:01 AM
    For me, it's this:
    Hundreds of daily emails across multiple domains/companies where calendars, contacts, notes and tasks must be completely segregated, and where long, detailed, custom responses are required.
    Does it really work except for calendars and contacts? I believe none of your clients also use blackberry notes and tasks.

Android and iOS also show the mail information without extra clicks (only gmail app does). Some mail clients also deliver text formatting right in the interface (Bold, italic, bullet & numbering etc), something I could find missing on BB10 hub (as long as I could remember my Z30).

If you put 9 important emails accounts and all of them got notifications (different color led for each) and presume 3 of them are important inboxs, it would be impractical to wait until the exact led from that 3 accounts to blink until we got noticed. All we can set through that led is limited to the led colors and blinkings.

The results:
    (1-5) For me, all depends on the user, not the device.

Yeah, in the end it depends on the user's preference. I could say what you think of drawbacks on android and iOS is not drawbacks at all, maybe because I understand how to use it or how I'm gonna use it and willing to go through heats and storms to set it up, to make it works.

For me, I think what you mean all this time is how BB10's interface and controls work for you more than what android and iOS does. But function wise, there is no problem in android or iOS in case of capability in mails management.
    Last edited by chain13; 06-02-19 at 03:27 AM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-02-19 03:11 AM
    What keyboard in the history of keyboards was NOT plastic?

Typical "Plastic = cheap" argument lol

#bbsheep4life
    I'm not gonna say it. But it's a fact that plastic is cheaper than glass. Enough already, if you want to complain, do that on OEMs's site and mailbox. Doing it here will gain you nothing.
    06-02-19 03:30 AM
    I'm not gonna say it. But it's a fact that plastic is cheaper than glass. Enough already, if you want to complain, do that on OEMs's site and mailbox. Doing it here will gain you nothing.
    What's the complaint that we're not supposed to do here? I'm confused..
    06-02-19 09:57 AM
    What about using 2-pane view? Keeps accounts visible at all times, which is my preferred layout.
    That gives me two ugly screens instead of one! LOL. If course, there are a variety of ways to tweak things, but that doesn't fix the swipe issue and the LED issue. I like leaving my screen off and my phone on the table unless I have a relevant message, which I can easily see as the LED rotates colors through all accounts with unread messages.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 06-02-19 at 06:36 PM.
    06-02-19 06:26 PM
    Given BB Android's adoption rate...maybe? At the end of the day BlackBerry has to play by Android's rules and now that Productivity Tab is EOL there's not much that they do which can't be done through other apps and non BB Android devices with Hub+ Services.

There would certainly be precedent for it, many BBOS power users passed on BB10 at launch because the OS was missing traditional "power user" features. If you have to re-learn an OS you may as well shop around.
    Sure. I'm not disagreeing with BlackBerry or BBMo's business decisions, just explaining why, though I have Android and iOS devices, BB10 is still my daily driver.

06-02-19 06:28 PM
    Does it really work except for calendars and contacts? I believe none of your clients also use blackberry notes and tasks.

Android and iOS also show the mail information without extra clicks (only gmail app does). Some mail clients also deliver text formatting right in the interface (Bold, italic, bullet & numbering etc), something I could find missing on BB10 hub (as long as I could remember my Z30).

If you put 9 important emails accounts and all of them got notifications (different color led for each) and presume 3 of them are important inboxs, it would be impractical to wait until the exact led from that 3 accounts to blink until we got noticed. All we can set through that led is limited to the led colors and blinkings.

Yeah, in the end it depends on the user's preference. I could say what you think of drawbacks on android and iOS is not drawbacks at all, maybe because I understand how to use it or how I'm gonna use it and willing to go through heats and storms to set it up, to make it works.

For me, I think what you mean all this time is how BB10's interface and controls work for you more than what android and iOS does. But function wise, there is no problem in android or iOS in case of capability in mails management.
    Notes and tasks sync with MS Exchange server, and are available in Outlook as well. Nobody ever used notes and tasks just on Blackberry. They were designed to sync with corporate servers (Novell Groupwise, IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange). Today, only MS Exchange is really relevant.

06-02-19 06:30 PM

If you're happy with the extra steps for navigating between accounts and the longer travel distances to the left bezel doesn't bother you, and you don't mind having to pick up your phone to know which accounts have unread messages, then Android is fine

I'm happy you enjoy your set up, but it's not a question of knowing how to set it up and use it. There is no way in Android to fix the LED issue or to swipe with your thumb from inside any screen on any app to see all email accounts.

06-02-19 06:36 PM
    That gives me two ugly screens instead of one! LOL. If course, there are a variety of ways to tweak things, but that doesn't fix the swipe issue and the LED issue. I like leaving my screen off and my phone on the table unless I have a relevant message, which I can easily see as the LED rotates colors through all accounts with unread messages.

Can't do much about the LED, sorry. But what are you talking about swiping in from left side in that view? The only swiping available is filing messages.

BlackBerry vs. Everyone else?-screenshot_20190602-220638.jpg
    john_v likes this.
    06-02-19 10:12 PM
182 ... 45678