I've seen more than one thread where people are asking about which is better between Curve and Bold.

It's generally accepted that the Bold with more memory and better screen and camera etc. wins, no contest.

I'm wondering, what will the Bold or Torch do that the Curve or Pearl can't?

I'm looking for examples of specific tasks or functions that only the high end phones can do.

Like for example "The Torch can function as an emergency underwater breathing apparatus. Whereas the lower end phones lack this function. "

Or, is it a case of all BlackBerries do the same thing it's just a matter of how well or fast they do them.
    10-14-10 08:01 PM
    3G capabilities, better keyboard, more solid feel.

Ow, almost forgot to mention: it makes you breakfast every friggin' morning.
    10-14-10 08:19 PM
    I was just going to post the same question. Trying to decide b/w the Bold or the Curve. The Bold keyboard seems awkward to me.
    10-14-10 10:26 PM
    They do all deliver the same basic services. The Torch, Bold etc (the premium bb lines) typically have a better camera, a higher resolution (read: nicer to look at) screen, more memory for apps, email/message storage and contact storage, etc.

Torch obviously does something no other BB can do: offer touch screen and a physical keyboard simultaneously.

They'll run the same apps, and so forth.

On CDMA carriers (vzw, sprint, etc) their 9650 Bold and other premium worldphone devices offer a CDMA and GSM radio so they can be used overseas and so forth, features which the CDMA curves won't do.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-14-10 at 10:33 PM.
    10-14-10 10:31 PM
    3G capabilities, better keyboard, more solid feel.

Ow, almost forgot to mention: it makes you breakfast every friggin' morning.
    The curve 9300 has 3G capabilities, so does the new pearl 3Gs . Keyboard is is a preference.

I have a curve 3G, and I don't believe that I will see much of a difference between the 2. Of course i can't really say until I've tried it, but the curve 9300 works beautifully.
    10-14-10 10:38 PM
    They do all deliver the same basic services. The Torch, Bold etc (the premium bb lines) typically have a better camera, a higher resolution (read: nicer to look at) screen, more memory for apps, email/message storage and contact storage, etc.

Torch obviously does something no other BB can do: offer touch screen and a physical keyboard simultaneously.

They'll run the same apps, and so forth.

On CDMA carriers (vzw, sprint, etc) their 9650 Bold and other premium worldphone devices offer a CDMA and GSM radio so they can be used overseas and so forth, features which the CDMA curves won't do.
    Thanks. Just the answer I was looking for.
    10-15-10 06:01 AM
    I was just going to post the same question. Trying to decide b/w the Bold or the Curve. The Bold keyboard seems awkward to me.
    For you on CDMA the "feel" factor and screen resolution might be the decider. Also check the world roaming capability (GSM multiband) if you plan to travel outside Verizon's proprietary coverage.

For users on GSM networks, the availability of 3G data, WiFi, GPS might also come into the equation, and we don't have to worry so much about roaming because GSM/3G-UMTS is the international standard.
    10-15-10 06:09 AM
    The Torch with the touch and physical keyboards makes a huge difference. The ability to use the touch screen to navigate and type short messages and then for longer emails the slide out keyboard is perfect for business use!
    10-15-10 02:12 PM
    Besides the Curve (85xx, 93xx) having a lower resolution screen (320x240), it also has a lower resolution camera (2MP) and no camera flash. Some people prefer the Curve-style keyboard, but you have less-expensive components to go along with it.
    10-15-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD