Have you seen this which compares android software support vs iPhone software support:
    theunderstatement.com/post/11982112928/android-orphans-visualizing-a-sad-history-of-support

Shows quite poor support from most android manufacturers, I'm glad I bought my wife the nexus s at least it should be supported for a while...anyway it got me wondering how blackberry models compare especially since we've gone through os 4, 5, 6 and 7 in the past few years. I know my filp 8220 that I bought may '09 never got the upgrade to os 5, so by the time my two years was up I would have been(if I was still using that phone) 2 major versions behind.

Anyone want to do a comparison? I'd be curious to see the results!
    10-31-11 12:16 AM
    Even the iPhone 3GS got the iOS5 update. Granted, Siri does not work, but most of the features of iOS5 do work.
    10-31-11 12:21 AM
    Have you seen this which compares android software support vs iPhone software support:
    theunderstatement.com/post/11982112928/android-orphans-visualizing-a-sad-history-of-support

Shows quite poor support from most android manufacturers, I'm glad I bought my wife the nexus s at least it should be supported for a while...anyway it got me wondering how blackberry models compare especially since we've gone through os 4, 5, 6 and 7 in the past few years. I know my filp 8220 that I bought may '09 never got the upgrade to os 5, so by the time my two years was up I would have been(if I was still using that phone) 2 major versions behind.

Anyone want to do a comparison? I'd be curious to see the results!
    Right here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...y-most-664923/

Rebuttal posted there.

My opinion? I can do ANY update (that hardware allows) at any time. I am not held to ransom by carriers or OS entities. This is why you can find original G1s running GB.

Android has the most vibrant developer community; no other platform gives devices the potential for longevity that Android does, IMHO. If the device owner chooses to, he/she can bypass "official" updates, and get stuff he/she really wants WHEN he/she wants to get it.
    10-31-11 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD