Just received the Blackberry VM-605 Visor Mount Speakerphone from two of my daughters for my birthday. Set it up today and it works awesome !

Not one problem synching with my Storm, immediately found an FM frequency and now I can play music from my Storm over my car stereo.

I give this 5 stars
    07-25-09 01:07 PM
    Can you report back on this product after a week or so of good use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 02:20 PM
    yah, we will wait ur feedback and hw is it working and hw much we could find it?
    07-28-09 12:48 AM
    Well I've had it for 5 days or so and I love it. Very clear. Used over 4 hours on a single charge and still going. Music is loud but video isn't as loud but still clear and good.

07-28-09 06:45 PM
    Does it automatically disconnect and reconnect with the phone as you leave and return to the vehicle? That�s what I like about my BlueAnt ST3, but the ST3 doesn�t do FM.
    07-28-09 10:12 PM
    I have been using it for a week and can say that it works great. Let's see if i can give a few points from my experience so far.

1. During calls people have not noticed that i'm using a speakerphone. The sound is very clear.

2. When playing music from the media player the track is paused when recieving/making a call, then resumes playing when the call ends.

3. The instructions mention to hold the volume key to search for a station, if you press either key quickly it will tune in 0.2 increments. In my case i wanted 107.9 but the unit kept stoping at 107.5. I found this out after geting very pissed trying to tune the right station.

4. The radio spectrum in my city is jam packed and i do get some interference while using the FM transmitter, but when it's clean it sounds great.

5. No problem using my curve without a car charger, the battery holds as usual.

6. It turns off after a few minutes when you leave the car, it does sync fast after powering it on.

7. If you don't have a micro usb wall charger, get one. It was very anoying driving the whole day to charge it and not being able to use it. I got a charger for peanuts at amazon.com.

8. The display lights are not bothersome during night driving.

9. Would i recommend this unit to a friend? Yes.

Last edited by jfs101; 08-07-09 at 11:18 AM.
    08-07-09 11:16 AM
    I have been using it for a week and can say that it works great. Let's see if i can give a few points from my experience so far.

1. During calls people have not noticed that i'm using a speakerphone. The sound is very clear.

2. When playing music from the media player the track is paused when recieving/making a call, then resumes playing when the call ends.

3. The instructions mention to hold the volume key to search for a station, if you press either key quickly it will tune in 0.2 increments. In my case i wanted 107.9 but the unit kept stoping at 107.5. I found this out after geting very pissed trying to tune the right station.

4. The radio spectrum in my city is jam packed and i do get some interference while using the FM transmitter, but when it's clean it sounds great.

5. No problem using my curve without a car charger, the battery holds as usual.

6. It turns off after a few minutes when you leave the car, it does sync fast after powering it on.

7. If you don't have a micro usb wall charger, get one. It was very anoying driving the whole day to charge it and not being able to use it. I got a charger for peanuts at amazon.com.

8. The display lights are not bothersome during night driving.

9. Would i recommend this unit to a friend? Yes.

Very good review,,,ist there anyway to hard wire the unit into the car/radio instead of the FM transmitter?
    08-07-09 06:20 PM
    Nope, I forgot to mention that sometimes it feels like the device increases the transmission power of the FM transmiter... I know it doesn't make sense, but sometimes when listening to music the sound gets cut off for a split second and when it comes back it sounds better...

Last edited by jfs101; 08-07-09 at 07:14 PM.
    08-07-09 07:10 PM
    Can some one please advise me on the operation of this devise while listening to the radio. If I'm listening to station 123.3 do I have to switch to station 456.6 to use the phone via blue tooth?

08-12-09 12:26 PM
    Loving mine. Bought three. I use to use the bluetooth stereo gateway with a cassette adapter but this is so much better and eliminates wires.

Note: Someone mentioned buying a charger; each one of my packages came with a car charger.

Signal gets weaker when the battery is dying but just charge it and you'll be fine. I find it lasts me anywhere from one to two days of heavy use.

Can some one please advise me on the operation of this devise while listening to the radio. If I'm listening to station 123.3 do I have to switch to station 456.6 to use the phone via blue tooth?

What? The only thing you do on the phone is play/next/previous/next/stop/pause and volume. The VM-605 handles the rest. You change stations to broadcast to via the 605 device and then change your radio station in the car to match it. Music will play and when a call comes in it will cut the music and announce a call is coming in from 12345678901.
    08-24-09 10:18 AM

What? The only thing you do on the phone is play/next/previous/next/stop/pause and volume. The VM-605 handles the rest. You change stations to broadcast to via the 605 device and then change your radio station in the car to match it. Music will play and when a call comes in it will cut the music and announce a call is coming in from 12345678901.
    The question is what if you are listening to a radio station (say 102.7) and a call comes in... you will have to switch your radio to the station that was initially setup with the device to answer the call. There is no way this device can change your car's radio station when a call comes in.
    09-17-09 03:16 PM
    What is cool is that when I tuned the visor into my FM station on my cars system the preset displayed Berry VM as the station name and when a call comes in the caller id NUMBER appears on the stereo!
    09-27-09 04:00 PM
    It probably sends a RDS signal...

11-05-09 12:45 PM
    The question is what if you are listening to a radio station (say 102.7) and a call comes in... you will have to switch your radio to the station that was initially setup with the device to answer the call. There is no way this device can change your car's radio station when a call comes in.
    There's a button on the left side of the VM-605. It'll activate it's own speaker instead of sending it to the radio station. No need to listen using the car speakers/changing the station back. Besides. That's what presets are for right? =P
    11-07-09 01:40 PM
    I love my speakerphone...

Anybody know if there is a way to trasfer an address book...I get and error when I try to do mine that says contact the device manual.
    11-18-09 10:17 AM
    No way to transfer address book to the VM-605.
    11-26-09 10:36 AM
    Is this what you guys are talking about?

On sale at BestBuy.com. Thinking of picking up a pair of em.

UPDATE:Looks like they are on sale today and tomorrow (11/30) only. I picked up two of 'em for $59.98 each and also got free shipping if you order over $25. I will report back on how my wife and I like 'em.
    Last edited by Ponderous; 11-29-09 at 09:58 PM.
    11-29-09 09:36 PM
    Is this what you guys are talking about?
    Yes, it looks identical, at the back it should have RIM's tag with the name VM-605 on it.

I have both VM-605 and BlueAnt ST3. BlueAnt would be a winner but it has one serious drawback, no FM transmitter. Here is where BlueAnt seems superior:

- better voice quality through built-in speaker

- ability to import Address Book from the BlackBerry (so it announces the name of a caller, VM-605 just reads the phone number)

- smarter mounting hardware, the magnetic clip stays attached to the visor, and then you can move BlueAnt from one side of the visor to the other easily with one hand, this comes in handy when you suddenly need to pull the visor down.

- when you walk away more than 10 metres (33 ft) from the car, BlueAnt disconnects from BB but doesn't shut off. Then, when you get back and shut the door close, the resulting vibration will cause BlueAnt to automatically reconnect to BB. With VM-605, it shuts off and then you need to turn it back on manually.

Using FM with VM-605 is a bit tricky. You have to turn it on manually (press FM switch) every time you want to sync it with a car stereo, and then it stays on only for one minute, which counts from the time you press the switch to the time you get connected.

So, if during making a call it takes longer then one minute to get connected, FM feature is automatically turned off, you have to fool around with FM button again, let's say in the meantime your caller answers the call but now VM-605 is making very loud announcement saying "Frequency 88.3 megahertz" and then finally you can talk. I had people hanging up on me because if this.

When you get an incoming call, you first need to change the preset on the stereo, turn FM switch on VM-605 and then turn up the stereo's volume, by that time often the answering machine kicks in and the call is lost.

FM feature is really only needed when there is lots of engine noise inside the car or if you have a window cracked open. If you have a full size sedan with a quiet engine and all windows closed, then FM feature is not needed. If you drive a sports car then FM definitely helps, especially at speeds over 110 km/h (70 mph).

For now I will probably stick around with VM-605 and start shopping around for a new bluetooth enabled car stereo system.
    Last edited by Kirkx; 12-02-09 at 01:45 PM.
    12-01-09 05:11 PM
    I put both VM-605 and BlueAnt ST3 on the visor next to each other and decided to run a few tests.

As it turns out, the volume of the caller is actually louder on VM-605 (we are talking about its internal speaker here), although at the highest volume setting the voice is a bit distorted (but still acceptable). I was driving Subaru Impreza WRX, definitely not a "quiet luxury sedan" and I had no problems hearing callers on VM-605 speaker even at 145 km/h (90 mph), there was no need to use FM feature.

The bigger problem was a microphone, it's not sensitive enough, even at 120 km/h (75 mph) I needed to scream commands or BB's "secretary" wouldn't hear anything and kept repeating "say a command". BlueAnt's mike seems to be much more sensitive.
    Last edited by Kirkx; 12-02-09 at 02:12 PM.
    12-02-09 02:08 PM
    Will the VM-605 play apps like Pandora over the radio or just music that you have loaded onto your BB?
    12-02-09 02:31 PM
    Will the VM-605 play apps like Pandora over the radio or just music that you have loaded onto your BB?
    Yes.

10char
    12-03-09 10:34 PM
    I ordered mine on Cyber Monday and just got it today.....looks like everyone was happy with it.
    12-12-09 01:21 AM
    do u prefer this over a jawbone or premium ear piece?
    12-12-09 03:10 PM
    do u prefer this over a jawbone or premium ear piece?
    I would say "yes". Earpiece, no matter how comfortable, is still intrusive. I have Plantronics Voyager Pro headset, I use it at work, it fits perfectly over the ear and is very comfortable, but when I get to my own car I toss it out and use VM-605.

But there is no universal answer to your question, you would realy need to try both solutions.
    12-14-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD