Hello guys, I have a 9930 from unlocked from Verizon, and I have the same problem with my phone and voice mail no. and I do the ##000000 and I change my phone no, save it , but when I go out of that app, it goes back to old one. Also my BB service is not working at all?
    I am not from the US I was there and I bough it, but now I am in Serbia I live here.
    I have activated BB service with my provider (Telenor from Norway) but it still does not work.
    Is there anything that I can do except to smash it into pieces since it has been really annoying for more then 20 days!!!
    09-20-11 03:50 AM
    Go to SIM Card in options and typer MEPD.. Check the status whether your handset is locked or unlocked.. If unlocked, usually there's no issue even without dialing the ##000000

I'm also using an unlocked phone from Verizon.. BIS was activated instantly prior to dialing the ##000000..

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX
    Last edited by tda_tda; 09-20-11 at 04:04 AM.
    09-20-11 04:00 AM
    Done it, it was unlocked.
    otherwise my phone is working normally, GSM, 3G, EDGE and everything I can operate, just my BB service isn't and my phone No will not change........
    09-20-11 04:54 AM
    Done it, it was unlocked.

otherwise my phone is working normally, GSM, 3G, EDGE and everything I can operate, just my BB service isn't and my phone No will not change........

Have you tried registering your Host Routing Table? Is there any activation commands that you have to send to your operator?

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX
    09-20-11 07:05 PM
    No I have not, this is my first BB, I was using Nokia and IPHONE in the past, so I'm not familiar with this things. Reg. act.commands they told me that I just need to take the battery out and to switch on the phone. But it has not worked...I'm pretty desperate now
    09-21-11 03:22 AM
    If you can make calls and use SMS then your Blackberry Bold 9930 is unlocked.
    It sound like the a service book issue to me, try to update service books, do what tda_tda asked you, then see if it's working.

About the phone number, well your device should work with GSM if it's a Verizon device... i think that just you need to set it to fit to the settings your carrier using there and after doing it your unlocked Blackberry will work fine.
    09-21-11 03:41 AM
    Nope, still no thing, I've managed to pick trough settings a little bit and i found that all BB and internet connections were preset to Verizon, but when I try to open it and to change it does not allow me to, it just wont open anything I can tap on it as much as I want...it wont let me change the preselected data that is already inside. Any other Idea what can I do? I also tried to flash it and to change software, but it still wont fix this....
    09-21-11 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD