I would like to seek for help concerning this issue and at the same time show my anger towards this.

I just got my Payment from Bango today for sales from last year December and it has been just $50.32. How is this possible ???? According to the reports from last year December, I sold 165 copies at $1.99 and I have read that Bango handles only Carrier billing payments. Now, what's really making me angry is the fact that I have never received an email from BlackBerry concerning anything like Payment and the most annoying part is all my emails to [email protected] gets ignored constantly.

This is very painful. I would rather they replied me and even told me they take 70% of the money. That would have been better because at least there's an explanation as to where the money disappears to. But I definitely cannot suffer myself, watch my downloads increase and get nothing for it. I am taking down the app, pending when I resolve this because I feel it's better to make it free than for the money to just lose.
    07-01-15 01:48 PM
    well, I'm sure the agreement/contract you had with them would lay out the payments and how much each party gets from said sale. Does it match what is in the agreement?

165 copies @ $1.99 is $328.35. what was the percentage that you are supposed to get from total sales?
    what you have been paid is 15.325 percent of total sales.....
    07-01-15 02:08 PM
    well, I'm sure the agreement/contract you had with them would lay out the payments and how much each party gets from said sale. Does it match what is in the agreement?

165 copies @ $1.99 is $328.35. what was the percentage that you are supposed to get from total sales?
    Sounds like about half of what he should have been getting @30%... :-(

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    07-01-15 03:31 PM

They should be taking 30%. At least they should reply my email.
    07-02-15 05:56 AM

•   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   •
    It's very sad. I have taken down the app as paid. I cannot continue to dash people I've not seen
    07-02-15 05:57 AM

What? OP should be getting 70%. It's the payment handler that keeps only 30%, from what I am reading in OP's post. Plus it is standard ratio for other payment systems.

I have no clue how your agreement works but do you have to follow up with BlackBerry itself? Have you followed up with Bango? Looked at the fine print of your initial agreement? Demanded an itemized accounting?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-02-15 09:02 AM
    I would like to seek for help concerning this issue and at the same time show my anger towards this.

I just got my Payment from Bango today for sales from last year December and it has been just $50.32. How is this possible ???? According to the reports from last year December, I sold 165 copies at $1.99 and I have read that Bango handles only Carrier billing payments. Now, what's really making me angry is the fact that I have never received an email from BlackBerry concerning anything like Payment and the most annoying part is all my emails to [email protected] gets ignored constantly.

This is very painful. I would rather they replied me and even told me they take 70% of the money. That would have been better because at least there's an explanation as to where the money disappears to. But I definitely cannot suffer myself, watch my downloads increase and get nothing for it. I am taking down the app, pending when I resolve this because I feel it's better to make it free than for the money to just lose.
    There's no accounting for the 50.32? When I use referral sites, I can login and see what day and company and how much per transaction. That way I can tell if there's missing entries or lower rate than promised.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:54 PM
    What? OP should be getting 70%. It's the payment handler that keeps only 30%, from what I am reading in OP's post. Plus it is standard ratio for other payment systems.

I have no clue how your agreement works but do you have to follow up with BlackBerry itself? Have you followed up with Bango? Looked at the fine print of your initial agreement? Demanded an itemized accounting?
    Ah, so it's the other way around.... :-)

07-02-15 03:44 PM
    Blackberry world's vendor payment is just God awful. But your money is probably still there somewhere.
    You get 70% of sales less taxes on all your BB World sales.
    Bango handles carrier billing and a few other methods, and withhold payment until you have $50 accumulated from users using these methods. Bango also takes an additional "service" fee off of your remaining 70%.

Blackberry commerce handles credit card and paypal payments. They also withhold until you have $50 waiting from users who used those purchase methods. It looks like you haven't hit $50 here yet, so I'd expect to see it soon.

In a worst case scenario, you could have to sell over $150 worth of product before seeing a single dime from blackberry. It's just another one of the many reasons developers have bailed on BB.
    07-02-15 09:01 PM
    Blackberry world's vendor payment is just God awful. But your money is probably still there somewhere.
    You get 70% of sales less taxes on all your BB World sales.
    Bango handles carrier billing and a few other methods, and withhold payment until you have $50 accumulated from users using these methods. Bango also takes an additional "service" fee off of your remaining 70%.

Blackberry commerce handles credit card and paypal payments. They also withhold until you have $50 waiting from users who used those purchase methods. It looks like you haven't hit $50 here yet, so I'd expect to see it soon.

In a worst case scenario, you could have to sell over $150 worth of product before seeing a single dime from blackberry. It's just another one of the many reasons developers have bailed on BB.
    Isn't this typical behaviour for payment systems? It's so that if there are customer issues or chargebacks, there is a way to get some or all of the money without it coming out of BlackBerry's end.

This behaviour is typical in various industries. With satellite subscriptions some years ago, it was like 3 months after activation to ensure the customers didn't cancel early or else they'd be paying installers regardless of the customer remaining a customer.

When selling on ebay using Paypal, does the seller get full amount right away, or is there a hold? I don't know, I always just heard of complaints from Seller's about hold backs and what not, and given the money back guarantees from ebay/Paypal, I assumed it was the seller who was delayed on payment. How about when you buy something through Paypal and opt to pay for it 30 days or so later? Is that paid to the seller immediately or only after the 30 days when funds are actually paid, or even longer after that when time passes after payment received?

I think the hold back is ok, but the accounting of it should be visible and clear like you mention the $50 for each payment types should have been shown to OP.
    07-03-15 07:55 PM
    Isn't this typical behaviour for payment systems? It's so that if there are customer issues or chargebacks, there is a way to get some or all of the money without it coming out of BlackBerry's end.
    That's not the issue at all. The issue is that they have multiple different payment sources that all have their own minimums, and also take an additional cut. And they're brutally opaque about the whole process.
    FincoApps likes this.
    07-03-15 08:32 PM

This behaviour is typical in various industries. With satellite subscriptions some years ago, it was like 3 months after activation to ensure the customers didn't cancel early or else they'd be paying installers regardless of the customer remaining a customer.

When selling on ebay using Paypal, does the seller get full amount right away, or is there a hold? I don't know, I always just heard of complaints from Seller's about hold backs and what not, and given the money back guarantees from ebay/Paypal, I assumed it was the seller who was delayed on payment. How about when you buy something through Paypal and opt to pay for it 30 days or so later? Is that paid to the seller immediately or only after the 30 days when funds are actually paid, or even longer after that when time passes after payment received?

I think the hold back is ok, but the accounting of it should be visible and clear like you mention the $50 for each payment types should have been shown to OP.
    From what I heard, BlackBerry takes their cut and Bango takes their's. Now that's bad, but even at that, why is BlackBerry Commerce not replying my mails. So annoying
    07-03-15 08:38 PM