hey !! first time new user !!
    i have always been a windows mobile man. untill recently when i broke my phone (as you do) and bought a 8120 pearl.

so im now getting used to the berry and wondered about your views on which is better? windows mobile gives you word and exel. This was good for me. HOWEVER the berry does not for free!
    you have to pay for push email and berry messenger and windows mobile can give you near to push or if you run third party app you can get push mail and any other messengers you can use.

however i think im slowly being converted !

your views people!!!!
    03-15-09 03:46 PM
    I had an HTC Mogul up until about a week ago.

It had Windows Mobile and the OS was about as shaky as windows my my PC. THe more 3rd party apps I installed, the shoddier it got. I restarted my phone more than my PC.

Since getting the blackberry I have been nothing but ecstatic. Stable OS, Fast, and it does everything I want.
    03-15-09 03:53 PM
    Hi,

I have a Storm. I came from a Samsung i700, Treo 700Wx, Samsung SCH-i760.

My BB Storm is the best PDA type phone I have had. It also will open word, excell, powerpoint with no issues.
    03-15-09 10:56 PM
    windows mobile gives you word and exel. This was good for me. HOWEVER the berry does not for free!
    you have to pay for push email and berry messenger and windows mobile can give you near to push or if you run third party app you can get push mail and any other messengers you can use.
    Push email on a BB isn't the same as the "push" email on a WM device. If your exchange server crashes, no email on a WM device, where as on a BES you'll still be able to get email. Besides, push email on a WM device isn't as instantaneous as it is on a BB. I'm connected to my exchange email on my BB via IMAP, and its just as fast if not faster than push email on my old ATT Tilt.

While a WM device is quite versatile, it doesn't help if the OS is very unstable, not to mention the extreme lack of OS patches.
    03-15-09 11:21 PM
    I've had both, would rather have no phone than an unusable, unreliable, fidgety winblows mobile piece of rubbish.

The blackberry has downsides, but at least it does what it's meant too, without too much effort

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 01:22 AM
    I used to play with win mobile. It was great, especially when u have exhange email account. But gotta to admit that bb has a better stability, design, convenience, and social networking tool.

03-16-09 09:10 AM
    I had a HTC 8525 with a hacked version of WM 6.1, and I have to say it was a pretty sweet phone. I now have a Bold and it's even better. I don't really have any thing negative to say about WM. It has it's downsides, but so does the Bold. You'll find that they are pretty similar. The best thing about the Bold is BIS for me.
    03-16-09 09:14 AM
    I never liked Winmo, it's BB for me!
    03-16-09 09:28 AM
    I was never happier with a phone then when I switched from my WinMo to my BB. It was even better than switching from the Razer to the Q :P
    03-16-09 09:32 AM
    I had win mobile t-mobile vario 3. Th os was slow to respond, the keyboard was more difficult to use (despite being bigger), I had to use the stylus to do a lot of things accurately which meant using 2 hands. My bold is lighter, slimmer, has better battery life....

03-16-09 10:15 AM
    I have not tried a Windows Mobile device but I have heard countless stories of it's instability. I like the Blackberry setup and it does everything I need it to do with very few things I dislike. It opens word and PDF documents which are emailed to me so that is all I really need.
    03-16-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD