The reason most BlackBerry users mention the word iSheep when discussing these people because we are the polar opposite... we stay calm, cool, and collected whenever one of these people point out "why are you using a BlackBerry still?"

LOL.
    02-07-15 10:15 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    What's the term for the BlackBerry fanaticals that buy every BlackBerry product and then go around saying that it's perfect and anyone who disagrees is conspiring against them?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Endangered species...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BBUniq01 like this.
    02-07-15 10:17 PM
    Endangered species...

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Good one.

Certainly not endangered here on CB.

02-07-15 10:37 PM
    So if a person buys an IPhone because IOS has a user friendly layout, has a Home button because it's convenient for him, the camera is really good, has premium materials, has tons of peripherals and has many useful Apps, that is an informed & educated user. An Isheep, on the other hand, is someone that buys an IPhone because another user recommended it because of the above qualities. What's the difference? The IPhone is a quality product. If a person buys it without thought, he's still getting a quality product in the end which makes it a justified & smart purchase assuming that person needs a mobile phone.
    02-07-15 11:11 PM
    So if a person buys an IPhone because IOS has a user friendly layout, has a Home button because it's convenient for him, the camera is really good, has premium materials, has tons of peripherals and has many useful Apps, that is an informed & educated user. An Isheep, on the other hand, is someone that buys an IPhone because another user recommended it because of the above qualities. What's the difference? The IPhone is a quality product. If a person buys it without thought, he's still getting a quality product in the end which makes it a justified & smart purchase assuming that person needs a mobile phone.
    Apparently on CB it's ok to bash Apple and other platforms, just not BlackBerry.

[sarcasm] It's not a huge double standard at all. [/sarcasm]

02-07-15 11:14 PM
    We are truly bored.

Sigh...

BlackBerry hates America!
    02-07-15 11:35 PM
    I hate mac computers. Great design but the OS is just not for me. Give me my Windows 7 any day of the week over mac os. Windows 8 was not to my liking, 8.1 fixed a few things and made it better. Windows 10 rocks. Oh ya, can you say Surface Pro 3!!!
    02-08-15 12:45 AM
    They should use GSheep instead of iSheep! G here stand for guy!

A Happy Passport User....
    02-08-15 01:04 AM
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31188251
    This is a link to "wifi-sheep".
    If Apple makes an app for this, how can they NOT name it i-sheep?

Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-08-15 01:12 AM
    Yep, i think that to qualify as an iSheep you must meet one of these two criteria:

1) You buy everything that Apple makes, just because it's Apple, or
    2) You denigrate anything that's not an Apple product, just because it's not an Apple product - without ever trying anything different!

Most of us here are BB fans, and stick with the company even if there are a few issues with the products. However, except for the rabid fans, a lot of CB'ers will admit that other platforms have their pluses and minuses too.

I myself own a couple of Windows computers - mostly because of work, but I don't consider myself a Microsoft fanboy. I prefer Linux and use it as much as possible. We also have a couple of Macbook Pros in the house, but nobody in my home is an iSheep (with the possible exception of my teenage daughter, who wants 'to fit in'). My wife loves her MBP, but uses a Z30 - she's not an iSheep.
    Which is fine, but I've been called an isheep, in this very forum. A forum I joined 8 years ago, when I bought a Pearl 8130. Since then I've owned a Curve 8330, a Storm 9530, a Palm Pre, a Galaxy S Vibrant, an iPhone 4, a Nokia 710, a Palm Pixi Plus, a Bold 9900, a Galaxy S3, an iPhone 5, an iPhone 5S, a BB Z10, a BB Q5, an LG Optimus G, a Galaxy S4, a Note 3, a OnePlus One, an HTC One M7, and HTC One M8, an iPhone 6 Plus, the Sony Xperia Z3C and a Nexus 5. In my current arsenal I still own the Pearl, the Curve, the Nexus 5, the Z3c and the iPhone 6 Plus. For tablets I've owned an Hp Touchpad dual booted with WebOS and Cyanogen and an iPad Air (still have).

And I still get called an iSheep.

Go figure.
    02-08-15 01:32 AM
    I hate mac computers. Great design but the OS is just not for me. Give me my Windows 7 any day of the week over mac os. Windows 8 was not to my liking, 8.1 fixed a few things and made it better. Windows 10 rocks. Oh ya, can you say Surface Pro 3!!!
    What can you say to this... :-)
    The usual:

Good Windows, bad Windows, Good Windows, bad Windows, followed by Good Windows again...

XP, vista, Win7, win8/8.1, Win10... up and down, up and down.

To be honest, I am a Vista / Win8 guy, this is were the real innovation happened. The "popularity fixes" (popular /"popularity adjusted" versions: XP, 7, 10) are rather boring, that's just imho, the "odd versions" is were most off the under-the-hood and UI additions are made, of course things break and a might need fixing, Vista brought a major security overhaul, and Windows 8 brought massive improvements in memory management and very obvious, although not popular UI additions / changes. Now Windows 10 is using these improvements and re-arranges the UI according to user feedback and popular opinion.

I find adherents of the popular editions rather sheepish :-D , no offense, because it's easy to like those versions, but it's much harder to appreciate the work that went into the "odd" ones...

Thank you Microsoft, for your "harder to love" versions... :-D

-------

On the Apple side, sure it's easy to like the iPhone and iOS devices, because of their simplicity and large app catalogue. Without any judgement, that might be just the right thing for a lot of users. "Harder to like" mobile OSes, like Windows Phone, or left alone BlackBerry 10, are more like "connoisseur" phones that will not have the same mass market appeal, but might be just the right thing for another (smaller) lot.

Sure, the "iSheep" or "Apple cult" mentality exists, otherwise the term wouldn't have been coined, but it doesn't have to be used at every occasion... :-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-08-15 02:02 AM
    People who are supporting Amnesty International, Human right organisations, Child Rights or just labour rights organisation using an Apple iPhone are in the wrong social dimension.
    Last edited by whatsever; 02-08-15 at 08:32 AM.
    02-08-15 02:30 AM
    Stfu!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 02:33 AM
    Got an iPad from an uncle.
    I was grateful without a doubt.
    Felt so bad I didn't used it.
    Simply because I avoid apple hardware like the plague.
    I disagree with its intrusive terms of service.
    I ended up donating it to a non-profit that did.
    I claim it for tax season here in the US.
    Everyone is happy.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-08-15 02:49 AM
    all these people fighting over blackberries and apples, i hope you are aware of the fact that you are ultimately giving out your money for overpriced stuff of companies which aim for nothing but profits.

in these arguments, you are the one who's getting ***-kicked.
    02-08-15 03:29 AM
    Got an iPad from an uncle.
    I was grateful without a doubt.
    Felt so bad I didn't used it.
    Simply because I avoid apple hardware like the plague.
    I disagree with its intrusive terms of service.
    I ended up donating it to a non-profit that did.
    I claim it for tax season here in the US.
    Everyone is happy.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Appreciate your honesty. You're like a sports fan. I'm a diehard Seahawks fan and if someone gave me a 49ers shirt, I'd burn it
    02-08-15 03:33 AM
    I think isheep doesn't refer to someone who owns Apple products, it's more about buying anything apple just because it's apple.

Posted via CB10
    What's the term for the BlackBerry fanaticals that buy every BlackBerry product and then go around saying that it's perfect and anyone who disagrees is conspiring against them?

BlackSheep?
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-08-15 04:16 AM
    I'm not sure if this topic has been touched before. I noticed a lot of BlackBerry diehards use the term "Isheep" yet a lot of these users own IPads. If you want to use that term, then stop using IPads because "Isheeps" own IPads. And as for Blackberry addicts that own Macs, Apple TV, IPods and IPads and probably the upcoming Watch, you are contributing to the mass consumer giant that's sucking up the smartphone world, the evil Company that's threatening BlackBerry's hardware existence. So if you buy Apple products, can you call yourself "Baby Sheep"? I guess my question is does a person have to buy only an IPhone to be an "ISheep"?
    that's ok I don't use anything apple..................so im ok to say isheep
    02-08-15 04:24 AM
    I am a loyal BlackBerry user and yes I do use Apple iMacs in my business, but I hate the iSheep term used on this site. I have always believed you choose what best fits your needs.

Apple did not become a multi billion dollar company by building junk. They did it by making products that the consumer wanted, period.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    jmr1015, JeepBB, yohannrjm and 4 others like this.
    02-08-15 05:03 AM
    All these posts about iSheep and BlackSheep are making me sleepy...
    02-08-15 07:40 AM
    The term iSheep was aptly coined. It doesn't apply to people who have some apple products as most people I know do have at least one, but only to those that are over the top. A lot of my friends are iSheep and I call then out on it when they offer their unsolicited advice.

Apple makes great products, but they are all overpriced and most of their peripherals are proprietary contributing to the co$t of ownership. Yet herds of their users continue to keep the wool over their eyes and line up to be fleeced at the next product launch.

So if I am baaahhhhhd for using that term so be it. I am tired of being wooly bullied by sheep trying to convert me. Soooo... if the shoe fits, wear it. own it, and be a proud sheep.

On the other hand, I don't mind when I get called a crackberry. All in good fun people.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:58 AM
    that's ok I don't use anything apple..................so im ok to say isheep
    It's more than just okay. It's the right thing to do.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:00 AM
    It's more than just okay. It's the right thing to do.

Posted via CB10
    It's the right thing to do? Why is that? Just because you prefer BlackBerry doesn't make it right to go around insulting others. If the roles were reversed you'd be calling the haters and saying they are bashing BlackBerry.

Grow up.

reeneebob likes this.
    02-08-15 08:19 AM
    Has it been discussed before? Yes

Is there a forum stance on the use? Yes, don't do it.

We want all choices in smartphone respected, and if you see someone who doesn't, there's a report button for that.

End of discussion
    jmr1015 and reeneebob like this.
    02-08-15 08:35 AM
49 12