02-08-15 08:35 AM
49 12
tools
    I'm not sure if this topic has been touched before. I noticed a lot of BlackBerry diehards use the term "Isheep" yet a lot of these users own IPads. If you want to use that term, then stop using IPads because "Isheeps" own IPads. And as for Blackberry addicts that own Macs, Apple TV, IPods and IPads and probably the upcoming Watch, you are contributing to the mass consumer giant that's sucking up the smartphone world, the evil Company that's threatening BlackBerry's hardware existence. So if you buy Apple products, can you call yourself "Baby Sheep"? I guess my question is does a person have to buy only an IPhone to be an "ISheep"?
    02-07-15 07:37 PM
    I think isheep doesn't refer to someone who owns Apple products, it's more about buying anything apple just because it's apple.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:41 PM
    Okaaaaaayyyy I couldn't resist In fairness I don't use that term and even though my wife has iPad's that I will pick up and use, I only own an iPod that was given to me as a gift.. which I haven't seen in years..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:41 PM
    No worries I don't I don't use any apple products.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:50 PM
    I like techno lemmings for people who just got to have the newest things without even finding out if they actually will suit their needs.

I am what I am, and that's all that I am.
    02-07-15 08:00 PM
    There are Isheep and you're a fanboy. Creating a thread will not change that.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    02-07-15 08:08 PM
    Could you be more wrong? Here is an example of isheep mentality, for me at least..."I have an iPhone, you have (BlackBerry, android,windows, or any other phone), mines the best, you suck go F yourself!" Being an isheep is thinking that everything that is apple is the best simply because it's apple.
    I've used BlackBerry since they had the 7100 push to talk. I also have an iPad because a supplier bought it for me for my birthday. Does that make me an isheep as well? I think not!

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-07-15 08:34 PM
    Yep, i think that to qualify as an iSheep you must meet one of these two criteria:

1) You buy everything that Apple makes, just because it's Apple, or
    2) You denigrate anything that's not an Apple product, just because it's not an Apple product - without ever trying anything different!

Most of us here are BB fans, and stick with the company even if there are a few issues with the products. However, except for the rabid fans, a lot of CB'ers will admit that other platforms have their pluses and minuses too.

I myself own a couple of Windows computers - mostly because of work, but I don't consider myself a Microsoft fanboy. I prefer Linux and use it as much as possible. We also have a couple of Macbook Pros in the house, but nobody in my home is an iSheep (with the possible exception of my teenage daughter, who wants 'to fit in'). My wife loves her MBP, but uses a Z30 - she's not an iSheep.
    02-07-15 08:44 PM
    Using technology as a basis for pejorative stereotyping is hilariously immature.
    02-07-15 08:44 PM
    Looks like someone have misunderstood the terms isheep.

Typing with excellent touch board z10
    02-07-15 08:45 PM
    There are definitely sheep in every userbase. I only use the term iSheep when it's actually relevant. When you're talking to that someone with glassy eyes that accepts every flaw of their device as "how it's supposed to be." and tries relentlessly to convert you to their side. That's a sheep. They're a little bit crazy,and not all that common, but they exist.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:56 PM
    Using technology as a basis for pejorative stereotyping is hilariously immature.
    yeah you're just happy as long as you're bashing BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence and buwee like this.
    02-07-15 08:57 PM
    There are Isheep and you're a fanboy. Creating a thread will not change that.

Posted via CB10
    I don't buy Apple products. And my thread is meant to find out why users use names that are derogatory with no solid reasons. I've already seen some selective reasoning from the comments above and one seems to know how Isheep people think & act. I'm sick of hearing this term and BlackBerry users should take a long hard look on how they buy only BlackBerry products. Herds come in all sizes.
    02-07-15 09:00 PM
    yeah you're just happy as long as you're bashing BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    02-07-15 09:02 PM
    This thread is not meant to bash anyone. Isheep to me is an insult as I would never call other platform users mindless. We all have reasons to buy a particular product. No need to corral them and say they are dumb creatures that buys whatever the Company sells them. A lot of these people use to own Blackberries.
    02-07-15 09:06 PM
    There are definitely sheep in every userbase. I only use the term iSheep when it's actually relevant. When you're talking to that someone with glassy eyes that accepts every flaw of their device as "how it's supposed to be." and tries relentlessly to convert you to their side. That's a sheep. They're a little bit crazy,and not all that common, but they exist.

Posted via CB10
    Meh.

Technology tends to bring out overly strong emotions in people. I agree: it's a cross-platform phenomenon, but it belies a misguided connection to circuitry that can't be healthy.

IMHO, at least.

The name calling just brings it to a silly level.

Funnily enough, in my experience talking to BBRY execs, the company is way more open to dialogue than some of the crazed fans.

That bodes well for the company's long term prospects.
    02-07-15 09:09 PM
    I believe the term iSheep is used to refer to a huge segment of the population who exhibit an inability to select tech products based on the actual merits of the product (how good it is, what it can do, what it can't, is it what they need, etc), but instead keep buying the same thing because they believe "it's the hottest thing, and everyone else is doing it!"

I have always had iPods (since before the scroll wheel, the mini, a nano, the first iPod touch, a newer iPod touch)... because they have always been arguably the best designed mp3 players (I don't buy from itunes though, just good old mp3 files... and now streaming services).

I think the iPod touch is a wonderful entertainment device for music and media, but I would never rely on it to be my "smart phone" for email, calendar, messaging, etc. So... I wouldn't buy an iPhone, which is essentially the same thing but with cell capabilities.

So... Ok, if simply owning an Apple device is meritorious of an iSheep badge, then I guess I should go out to graze on some igrass.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 09:22 PM
    iLaughed...iCried...iWas moved......

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 02-07-15 at 10:49 PM.
    02-07-15 09:28 PM
    Its a stupid term but I guess it makes some people feel better. The same people who use the term are the same people that say: "I don't care what Blackberry makes, I'll buy it." They are sheep too, and Blackberry Fanboys are just as bad as Apple ones if not worse.
    TgeekB and BB_Junky like this.
    02-07-15 09:37 PM
    Black sheep

I am what I am, and that's all that I am.
    02-07-15 09:44 PM
    Urbandictionary is useful I think to help the OP define what we mean when we say the term "iSheep"

The definition is as follows:

"A follower of the Apple cult regardless of the usefulness or real worth of the product. Believes without question the cult propaganda which installs the almost mythological belief that what they have just bought is the fastest or most user friendly product ever, only to be re-sold the same product, with a few minor tweaks, a few months later with the same rhetoric and complete disregard for reality. Easily mislead by their own egos and think they are being unique and innovative. Often wrong but convinced they are correct."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=isheep

OP, this is a term that has formed over the years because of the certain type of people apple products attract... the kind of person that always buys the trendy things, constantly, than blatantly flaunts it around to others saying "this new product is better than your comparable one" while regurgitating the marketing buzzwords without regard for what they mean or what their device actually does vs. another

There are many other phrases for these type of people and their personalities... just so happens iSheep has kind of stuck over the years

The reason most BlackBerry users mention the word iSheep when discussing these people because we are the polar opposite... we stay calm, cool, and collected whenever one of these people point out "why are you using a BlackBerry still?"

Because we are the type who know what we want, we have the confidence in our choices that we do not need to constantly compare and justify them to other people

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-07-15 09:52 PM
    OP has not given any good reason why the term should not be used.... it has become a common term to describe many Apple faithful acts... no different than many BB forum members being called by Crackberries for their dedication to BB.... I for one do not see how the OP has been appointed the thought police and by whom... for me if it walks like isheep.... sounds like an Isheep.... it is an isheep... which by the way it is not a crime...at the rate Apple is selling devices... they are in good company...
    jdesignz and tvst28 like this.
    02-07-15 09:53 PM
    Who cares? I own iSheeps and so as Scamsungs!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-07-15 09:55 PM
    iSheep therefore I am.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    02-07-15 10:09 PM
    I think isheep doesn't refer to someone who owns Apple products, it's more about buying anything apple just because it's apple.

Posted via CB10
    What's the term for the BlackBerry fanaticals that buy every BlackBerry product and then go around saying that it's perfect and anyone who disagrees is conspiring against them?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-07-15 10:10 PM
49 12