12-01-10 07:41 AM
    The Title of the Article is poorly chosen

The Statistics don't have anything to do with the Volume of Data being used by each platform, but the frequency of online visits with each Platform

Blackberry users are visiting more websites from their phones
    Apple users are visiting less websites from their phones
    Android Users/usage is growing quickly.

That is what I get from the Stats counter website
    BlackBerry overtakes Apple in Mobile Wars | StatCounter Global Stats

I do really like their assumption that Apple users are most likely pulling content via Apps in more and more cases so they don't get registered with traffic recording when they are getting content from Websites.
    12-01-10 08:28 AM
    Yeah, I was too sure how to take what was being said here. That's why I posted here to see who everyone else view what they read here.
    12-01-10 08:43 AM
    Here's a fact, IPhone and Android users will always consume much lesser browsing data on a browser APP compared to Blackberry users because

.. IPhone and Android users tend to use native apps more than the browser itself.. can't say much about the quality and volume of native apps Blackberry has compared to the other 2 superior platforms.

Nothing to shout about really. Whilst everyone is heading towards native apps, we are still stuck with the browser and a crappy app world. Sad huh?
    12-01-10 09:16 PM
    TheEdge, that's half true. Android does have apps, but there are apps still tapping into the use of the browser, depending on the app used. I still use the browser when viewing the CB forums when I just want a quick scan on my phone. It would be nice to use something like tapatalk; but, I suppose implementation could be a challenge.
    12-01-10 09:24 PM
    Here's a fact, IPhone and Android users will always consume much lesser browsing data on a browser APP compared to Blackberry users because

.. IPhone and Android users tend to use native apps more than the browser itself.. can't say much about the quality and volume of native apps Blackberry has compared to the other 2 superior platforms.
    I'm not sure I buy that. Maybe I'm an atypical user, but the number of apps I use to feed me data/access websites = 0. I just use the browser for 100% of my usage...

Nothing to shout about really. Whilst everyone is heading towards native apps, we are still stuck with the browser and a crappy app world. Sad huh?
    The other thing is volume of data. BB users should use less on average than iPhone or Android because of the compression BB uses that the rest of the users don't have and presumably more users utilizing mobile sites. I assume this study took number of clicks/hits into account rather than amount of raw data though.
    12-01-10 09:28 PM
    the title of the original article is wrong anyways, the writeup and the chart both say iOS, where the title says iPhone, now that isnt the same.iOS encompasses iPads, iPhones and iPod touch, so its a very flawed comparison.
    12-01-10 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD