So I'm in Vietnam, first morning I walk around and find a quaint little street food cafe where I sit down and order whatever the guy across from me was eating. I throw my Passport and wallet on the table. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone standing there. He sits down next to me, I turn over and see this.

BlackBerry Users are the BEST!-img_20161220_095336.jpg

Give him a huge high five. His English is fantastic. We talked for about 20 minutes over our breakfast about BlackBerry, Vietnam, food, Vietnamese, and our jobs. Really great guy and we'll probably hang out again.

I was thinking afterwards that I would have never met the guy if I was a drop of water in a sea of iPhones or Androids.
    Drg84, Bla1ze, Jrox74 and 7 others like this.
    12-19-16 11:25 PM
    So I'm in Vietnam, first morning I walk around and find a quaint little street food cafe where I sit down and order whatever the guy across from me was eating. I throw my Passport and wallet on the table. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone standing there. He sits down next to me, I turn over and see this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161220_095336.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	414587

Give him a huge high five. His English is fantastic. We talked for about 20 minutes over our breakfast about BlackBerry, Vietnam, food, Vietnamese, and our jobs. Really great guy and we'll probably hang out again.

I was thinking afterwards that I would have never met the guy if I was a drop of water in a sea of iPhones or Androids.
    That sea of iPhones or Androids is making their respective companies billions of dollars.

As a matter of fact, BlackBerry, in order to stay relevant, went swimming in the Android Sea. Have you ever heard of PRIV and DETEK?
    12-20-16 02:31 AM
    Good one! It's nice that we can connect to each other as humans due to these small similarities. BlackBerry phones will stay somewhat nieche products, especially the ones with keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 02:39 AM
    That sea of iPhones or Androids is making their respective companies billions of dollars.

As a matter of fact, BlackBerry, in order to stay relevant, went swimming in the Android Sea. Have you ever heard of PRIV and DETEK?
    I'm well aware of that. But there's something about keyboarded devices (PRIV would be close) that set others apart. He agreed too because he is also excited for the DTEK70.
    12-20-16 07:41 AM
    I'm well aware of that. But there's something about keyboarded devices (PRIV would be close) that set others apart. He agreed too because he is also excited for the DTEK70.
    I have just moved to a PRIV from a Classic and found that my grandkids are quite interested in / excited by my PRIV.
    12-20-16 10:20 AM
    I imagine many OnePlus, Nexus, and Pixel users feel the same when they see each other.

Can you imagine what happens when MS Surface or HP Elite x3 guys say when they see each other??? I imagine the words: "Convergence", "All-In-One", and "Reboot" pop up a lot.

Very happy for you OP
    Hope you made a life long friend.
    12-20-16 10:34 AM
    i don't know if the OP is male or female, but sounds like a great romance story (of course, that is not to say that they can't be the same sex and have a romantic story).

In places like Vietnam, I could see BlackBerry being a rarity. Not so much of a rarity in Toronto and sadly don't see many lovely ladies carrying them. Once in a while, but likely a work device. haha.
    12-20-16 12:57 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161220_095336.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	414587

It's fun when you find people you can share interests with, especially when it's not popular. I know there's a 9900 group on here that talk back and forth too. Enjoy.
    12-20-16 04:13 PM
    I met the first person with a BlackBerry Passport at an Xmas party last week.... We too ended up talking about BlackBerry and stuff for quite some time.

As the market share is so small, you know when you meet someone with a BlackBerry he/she does not have it just by chance ;-)

CB10 on my Classic
    12-20-16 07:02 PM

Personally, I don't look to see what kind of devices other people are using. Probably due to the fact that my ego doesn't need to be fed by a little handheld mobile device, but that doesn't give me the right to disrespect another for what they like.

The OP's story was nice, short and it was good of him to just pass a nice feeling along. But, having NOTHING positive to contribute, you just had to make this about you.

Which brings me to the question: Have YOU ever heard of a Q10?? Oh, that's a Q10 you're using presently, isn't it!!
    Well, I've seen the future and you're carrying all that you wrote, which sounds like you copied it, along with all that heavy negative
    attitude and I see that all brands and platforms unite to help you stay underwater and during the commotion your Q10 is ripped from your hands to be used by someone who appreciates it. Then, just I was going back to see what your condition was, my vision got blurred and all I could make out was a gurgling sound.

But, I've no doubt you went the way as others with that attitude did! NOWHERE ! !
    12-21-16 08:57 AM
    Personally, I don't look to see what kind of devices other people are using. Probably due to the fact that my ego doesn't need to be fed by a little handheld mobile device, but that doesn't give me the right to disrespect another for what they like.

The OP's story was nice, short and it was good of him to just pass a nice feeling along. But, having NOTHING positive to contribute, you just had to make this about you.

Which brings me to the question: Have YOU ever heard of a Q10?? Oh, that's a Q10 you're using presently, isn't it!!
    Well, I've seen the future and you're carrying all that you wrote, which sounds like you copied it, along with all that heavy negative
    attitude and I see that all brands and platforms unite to help you stay underwater and during the commotion your Q10 is ripped from your hands to be used by someone who appreciates it. Then, just I was going back to see what your condition was, my vision got blurred and all I could make out was a gurgling sound.

But, I've no doubt you went the way as others with that attitude did! NOWHERE ! ! http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0269.gif
    Say what?

CB10 on my Classic
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-21-16 10:58 AM
    Interesting thread with twists and turns. Not sure what to make of all of it. One thing I think that we can all agree on is that BlackBerry makes the most unique phones. Next on the radar is the dtek 70.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 09:28 PM