Hello, all--

Was hoping to catch a few answers on this thread; at any rate, my boss is having me find a list of BB users all around the US, payment for the list, if necessary. His company is developing a BB app that he eventually wants to develop into a program/app for any kind of smartphone, etc, but, for the moment, he's looking to obtain a list of BB owners who would be willing to give the demo a test run in hopes of his people being able to build upon the feedback and results of the demo. If anyone has some sort of means of obtaining a list as aforementioned, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am open to all sorts of ideas, so I'm looking forward to your creativity!

-Alan
    08-31-10 02:42 PM
    Best way I can think of you already found....it wouldn't be a list per se until you compiled it in to a spreadsheet. But CrackBerry would be the perfet forum to do this. And you can add me to the list, my PIN # is in my header.
    08-31-10 02:44 PM
    Maybe even better is a thread with a description of the proposed app. Some may draw more interest than others. Offer a private beta testing if you wish. Many may feel like I do and not share their information without knowing if or not the app has any application in my life.
    08-31-10 03:37 PM
    I would have to agree, i would need to know what the app was intended to do, or what it was for, before i would sign up. But maybe.
    08-31-10 04:16 PM
    As I presumed, my boss would not like to give details on the app. I can't imagine how this would be helpful, but I do understand why he'd prefer not to. At any rate, if anyone has any ideas as to how I would be able to obtain a list of BB owners or beta testers, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your responses, in advance, as well.

-Alan
    09-01-10 03:37 PM
    Is your boss perhaps the president of Nigeria with a number of assets in the US, and he needs BlackBerry users to help him get access to it. And in exchange he will give us 50% of the assets?

details details details, come on suckers just give up your email address.
    09-01-10 05:33 PM
    As you may have noticed, just asking for a blanket list of names does not quite go over well with this group. If you peruse the 3rd party application subforum, you will see offerings for beta tests for various applications. There is a system for private messages, too, so that you can contact folks privately and provide them with info on the beta. While some might jump blindly at a chance to test software, many will need details - as someone above posted, the app might be specialized and interest very few folks. Or a great app which might be widely wanted. But NOTHING does not give anyone any facts at all.
    09-01-10 07:42 PM
    As I presumed, my boss would not like to give details on the app. I can't imagine how this would be helpful, but I do understand why he'd prefer not to. At any rate, if anyone has any ideas as to how I would be able to obtain a list of BB owners or beta testers, it would be much appreciated.
    There's no such list.
    09-01-10 07:46 PM
    I'm interested,sign me up:

Name: Joseph Mama
    Soc. Sec.: 087-45-6784
    D.O.B. 08-31-10
    Banking Institution: Chase Bank
    Account # 087345321
    Mothers Maiden Name: Fiona

So let me know when I can begin.

lmao
    09-01-10 08:24 PM
    Such a list does exist; I did find one. It's a database compiled of BB users' e-mails/phone numbers under permission-based circumstances while also having the option to opt out from being listed.

Also, the purpose of this thread was not to give details on the application or ask if people wanted to test out the app, yet, at least, but merely to find a list of BB users' contact information for the purpose of contacting them in order to see if they'd be willing participants in the testing of this app in which information obviously would be disclosed, but not to the public; on that note, the idea of the private beta testing will come in handy, so thank you to those who actually had ideas not a lack of whatever semblance of a life trolling is, or in this case, isn't.

I do appreciate those who offered valid ideas, so thank you for being able to take my inquisition regarding a list seriously and not the idea of trying to get people to sign up for testing an app blindly. As for the rest of you who assumed the worst, your insecurities are noted; may you be useful in life in some way or another, at some point in your future.
    09-03-10 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD