I finally convinced my grandfather to upgrade his verizon blackberry 7250 but he wants phone that would fit his needs which is good battery life, fast processor, few bugs. He tried my tour but I told him that the battery life isn't the best, and that is very important to him. He's He's very prone to the side trackball but doesn't like how big the 8730e is. Any suggestions?
    03-08-10 11:50 PM
    If he is willing to change provider, perhaps Bold 9700? If not, then wait for the new Tour + Seido's extended battery.
    03-09-10 12:07 AM
    Yeah that's something unfortunately I already ran by him and he was against changing providers he's been with verizon for 100yrs lol jk. As long as they've probably been in business. Yeah the tour 2 is something I thought too and is probably the best best, and of course an extended battery. Well let's see if he's up to waiting as his 7250 is beginning to give him some problems. What battery life that phone has even with constant use it's an old phone but sometimes gets me jealous but of course the features don't match up
    03-09-10 12:58 AM
    So pretty much he wants the perfect phone lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 01:34 AM
    yeah really already told him it doesn't exists
    03-09-10 02:21 AM
    If battery life is really his main concern, go for an 8330. Either buy a brand new, but still cheap, one off Ebay or be lucky enough to get a leftover from VZW. The advantage of going with Ebay is that he can save his upgrade and use it when the latest and greatest start to be released.
    It's a pretty basic BB compared to what's on the market now, but my grandfather would be more than happy with it. It just depends on what exactly he uses it for I suppose.
    03-09-10 03:07 AM
    I think that 8330 is a good device
    03-09-10 10:08 AM
    crackberry sells a 2700mah extended battery.
    Nobody can finish one in a day. Great stuff
    03-09-10 10:36 AM
    If battery life is really his main concern, go for an 8330. Either buy a brand new, but still cheap, one off Ebay or be lucky enough to get a leftover from VZW. The advantage of going with Ebay is that he can save his upgrade and use it when the latest and greatest start to be released.
    It's a pretty basic BB compared to what's on the market now, but my grandfather would be more than happy with it. It just depends on what exactly he uses it for I suppose.
    Completely concur with the 8330...that phone is a workhorse and it sounds like Grandpa fits that description.
    03-09-10 11:30 AM
    The screen on the 8330 is blurry.
    Get the Storm2 with the updated hardware.
    He will thank you later many times.
    03-09-10 02:04 PM
    The Tour is not that bad if you put OS 5 on there because OS 5 gives it better battery life. I tried the 530 leak and know Verizon will release an update soon enough to make us happy and it will be epic. My vote is for the Tour. I can get my phone to last through the day on a charge.
    03-09-10 02:24 PM
    On a side note, what kind of plan does he have now? I know some people on them old blackberries don't even have data plans since they weren't required and are on month to month. Is he going to purchase one outside of his upgrade? If not, is he ok with the new terms of contract if he's under an old one? Just wondering.
    03-09-10 02:31 PM
    The screen on the 8330 is blurry.
    Get the Storm2 with the updated hardware.
    He will thank you later many times.
    8330 screen blury? I used one for a year and never witnessed that?? I will agree with the S2 statement though.
    03-09-10 06:26 PM
    i don't think the storm 2 would be a nice for the elderly.if i remember correctly, there was a girl on here posting about her grandmother wanting the iphone. now that is just too funny.i wonder how old folks keep up with technology of the iphone. some devices are just not the right devices for these folks. to the op, get your grandfather the curve 8330. at least that is plain simple. and not
    technologically advanced. also, the op's grandfather wants the best battery life.this is too much to devour. you got to be kidding. what a joke.
    03-09-10 11:52 PM
    i don't think the storm 2 would be a nice for the elderly.if i remember correctly, there was a girl on here posting about her grandmother wanting the iphone. now that is just too funny.i wonder how old folks keep up with technology of the iphone. some devices are just not the right devices for these folks. to the op, get your grandfather the curve 8330. at least that is plain simple. and not
    technologically advanced. also, the op's grandfather wants the best battery life.this is too much to devour. you got to be kidding. what a joke.
    Your flagrant discrimination against seniors is appalling. Perhaps you are the real joke here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 03:03 AM
    Well I have appreciated everyone's input and my grandpa finally decided on the curve 8330, but he bought used off of ebay, because he wants to wait for the Bold 9650 because I took him to verizon and he actually really liked the trackpad on the curve 8530 but didn't like the resolution on it and he said it felt cheap. Comparing to the one he had I don't know how he thinks the 8530 is cheap, anyways he will be waiting for the Bold. Touchscreen was never a option for him he hates it. He needs a physical qwerty. Thanks again to all.
    03-13-10 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD