Yup they did it. They killed now the abilty to make voice calls to all my relatives and friends using BB10 phones. Unable to make now BBM voice calls anywhere now.

Posted via CB10
    cuong205a likes this.
    11-28-17 01:47 PM
    You have relatives and friends still using BB10 phones....

Many have suspected it was coming as they have split off BBM, but I'd wait for confirmation that it's not just a temporary glitch with this update. Bla1ze didn't mention it as being a "feature" of the update.
    11-28-17 02:32 PM
    Do you mean the call icon is gone or you just can't connect after dialing?
    11-28-17 03:53 PM
    Do you mean the call icon is gone or you just can't connect after dialing?
    The icons are still there for voice and video and they are all in green. It wont connect or it will say user is not available. Yet I can chat text with BBM with them. They also try to voice call me using bbm 10 but when i answer it just disconnects the call.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 04:43 PM
    I just called a android user after the update with my passport(it still work) but I'm not sure if I can call bb10 users it says they are unavailable even though they green icons lit

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 04:50 PM
    The icons are still there for voice and video and they are all in green. It wont connect or it will say user is not available. Yet I can chat text with BBM with them. They also try to voice call me using bbm 10 but when i answer it just disconnects the call.

Posted via CB10
    Are they on the latest version of BBM? Sounds more like a user problem or bug than something they removed, otherwise the icon would probably be gone.
    11-28-17 05:06 PM
    I just called a android user after the update with my passport(it still work) but I'm not sure if I can call bb10 users it says they are unavailable even though they green icons lit

Posted via CB10
    Are they on the latest version of BBM? Sounds more like a user problem or bug than something they removed, otherwise the icon would probably be gone.
    Yes. Probably need version parity between BB10 devices.
    11-28-17 09:03 PM
    I lost video and voice chat last week BEFORE today's update. It doesn't work on WiFi or cell tower data; we've tried all configurations.

I put in a customer support ticket this weekend and provided system logs to them last night.

Outside of this thread and recent BBM app reviews I haven't heard anyone else mention it so it has to be some specific combination of issues only affecting some users.

I really hope it's resolved. Losing that app functionality is a big impact to me, especially because I have no other video chat options on the Z10.
    11-28-17 11:58 PM
    My friend and I are definitely on the latest OS and BBM versions on Z10s and we lost BBM video and voice chat functions too. It's not something on our end as it doesn't work on AT&T network either. The calls just disconnect after ringing on the other end.
    11-29-17 12:01 AM
    If icons are there it can't be a planned kill. Assum this is carrier glitch.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    rarsen and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    11-29-17 12:06 PM
    What says better "transitional update" than change log: email yourself contacts and their PINs? You know in case you need to create new BBM ID on Android... just kid :P
    11-29-17 03:19 PM
    Same problem, 2x Q10 + 1x Q5, all latest software + latest BBM update: neither voice calls nor video calls work between them. Before update was all fine
    11-29-17 03:30 PM
    Tried to call from Classic to HTC Android on updated BBM over Virgin Mobile and the update axed that ability thankfully Fongo is still working!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-17 04:34 PM
    I can make BBM call from the Passport to HTC android oddly enough though, just not using BBM on the Classic

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-29-17 05:52 PM
    Sorry guys, but where you've been in the last month's? Really? Why you upgrade the app without wait for someone's reviews? It feels like an apple like job (let's spread an poisoned update, so they will buy a new phone)

Posted via CB10
    11-29-17 10:46 PM
    OnePlus motto: Never settle.
    BlackBerry BB10: Never update! 😈
    eiruvrav and anon(8063781) like this.
    11-29-17 11:16 PM
    Working fine between my Z10 and S8 and Classic and S8 using data and Wifi. Running latest BBM versions. Maybe a regional server issue to whoever is facing this problem.
    the brother likes this.
    11-30-17 12:19 AM
    I'm sure it's just a bug, but like everything else it'll get blown out of proportion as part of the New World Order's grand plan.

because the only thing holding the NWO back is a phone OS with less than 0.2% of the market.
    the brother likes this.
    11-30-17 12:38 AM
    Yes. Probably need version parity between BB10 devices.
    Nope . My dad in Chile has the latest BB10 BBM update in his Z10. My passport SE has the latest BB10 BBM update here in Canada. I am using the phone data network , i try to bbm voice call him but as soon as he answers it, the call gets disconnected saying the user is unavailable. So he tries to voice call me thru his home wifi in Chile to my PP SE, i hear the ringtone , i answer it and the call gets disconnected. He says that i am not available.
    Now i use my Z30 that doesnt have the latest BB10 BBM update , i am connected thru my home Wifi because the Z30 doesnt have a network sim, i bbm voice call him and he can answer it just fine. We are able to talk just fine. But if he calls me to my Z30, i answer it and the call gets diconnected.

Now i do the same thing here in Canada between my Passport SE ( phone data network sim) and my Z30 (WiFi and no sim). The PP SE bbm updated and Z30 without the bbm update ,and both phones have the latest official BB10 Os 10.3.3.xxxx. I call to my Z30 and as soon as i answer it , the call gets disconnected saying the user is unavailable and vice versa. Now if I connect my PP SE with WiFi so that both phones are on Wifi bbm voice and video works just fine.

All my BB10 phones work just fine without this latest BBM update. Network calls to to Wifi and vice versa.
    BlackBerry killed the ability to make BBM Network calls to wifi home networks.
    Ps. Both phone bbm settings have the option to "allow network calls" enabled.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-17 09:31 AM
    Here I have the Passport and the wife uses my older Z-10 with the updated BBM with the three icons all present on both smartphones. When she calls me BBM on the local WiFi both test, voice and video work properly. When I call only the text portion works properly, with either the voice or video produce the message Unable to connect, etc. Located in Montreal.
    11-30-17 10:28 AM
    Sorry guys, but where you've been in the last month's? Really? Why you upgrade the app without wait for someone's reviews? It feels like an apple like job (let's spread an poisoned update, so they will buy a new phone)

Posted via CB10
    My issue was not caused by an update; it started before the new version was released.
    11-30-17 12:58 PM
    UPDATE: I received an update from the customer support team investigating my ticket. They acknowledge there was an issue with BBM chat and that they performed a rollback on 11/15 that supposedly resolved it. They're continuing to investigate the problem.

If you're having similar issues I encourage you to submit a help ticket. The more info they have about the affected users, the more likely they are to identify and resolve the issue. In BBM click "Help", "Contact Us", Inquiry Type = "Technical Support."
    Last edited by JenJC; 11-30-17 at 04:10 PM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, rarsen and gebco like this.
    11-30-17 01:09 PM
    My issue was not caused by an update; it started before the new version was released.
    Ditto here I guess.

I'm on a Classic with a BBM not updated since June. Colleague is on an iphone with most recent BBM.

We used to BBM voice call each other. Today there is a connection. I can hear him. He cant hear me. Independent on who initiates the call. Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-17 11:40 AM
    Here I have the Passport and the wife uses my older Z-10 with the updated BBM with the three icons all present on both smartphones. When she calls me BBM on the local WiFi both test, voice and video work properly. When I call only the text portion works properly, with either the voice or video produce the message Unable to connect, etc. Located in Montreal.
    I additionally tried the Passport to a Z-30 on the same WiFi system and it's work???
    12-02-17 01:43 PM
    Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Denis Fedotenko; 12-04-17 at 06:28 AM.
    12-02-17 03:51 PM
36 12