hello guys,

i am new to blackberry .. when i got 8900 model it was locked i went to shop and unlocked it with small amount..

my 8900 version is 4.6.1.206 i want to upgrade to os 5
    will this lock my blackberry again ??

i am just asking because i was using iphone and every update was unlocked by new unlock methods..

and i did'nt find any unlock software for 8900 .. i am just confirming if os 5 will b already unlocked ... or else i have to pay again to unlock ??

and is there any way to downgrade to older version ???
    08-15-10 10:02 PM
    Once a BlackBerry is unlocked, it always stays unlocked. You are free to upgrade/downgrade the OS as many times as you like. It will not affect the unlocking.
    08-15-10 10:14 PM
    You're safe to update without fear of relocking your device as lak noted. As long as you have a copy of the OS you want to use, you can up or downgrade to any OS made for your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 10:20 PM
    hmmmmm ok i am doing proper upgrade but it give me 4. something upgrade..
    is there anyway to get 5 os with proper upgrade...?
    and whats the procedure of improper upgrade ?? can i get to proper downgrade after that ?? carrier unlocked?
    08-15-10 10:39 PM
    You'll need to download the software you want to put on your BlackBerry, install it to your Desktop Manager, then hook up your device, and it should prompt that there is an OS update available.

Installing an OS on a BlackBerry is pretty much the same as If you were doing it on your computer. You can go up or down in OSes as often as you wish, just follow the steps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 11:05 PM
    hmmmmm thanks
    08-15-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD