Found This. So much for RIM actually making something useful and working through all the issues. Guess this area of the Forum will go the same route. RIM Kills Projects: BlackBerry Unite & BlackBerry Professional Software to Get the Axe Soon | BerryReview.com �
    02-26-09 09:48 PM
    I really hate to see this. Unite has a lot of promise. I use it and love it. We have a few small customers setup with it as well. It is a good way for small shop to protect data. It is the only way i know to do a remote wipe without BES.

I am sure there is no chance RIM would consider opening the project up and allow it to become a Community Edition.
    03-01-09 08:54 AM
    Man, I was waiting for them to shake the bugs out. I have a second PC that can actually run it now!
    03-01-09 09:20 AM
    ya i used this on my 8830 and now its gone. it was handy
    03-02-09 12:42 PM
    Maybe we will get lucky and they will replace it with a 5 user license of BES 5.
    03-02-09 02:54 PM
    ummm, it was only a couple weeks ago
    03-09-09 02:16 PM
    I JUST wanted to get into this. BB Unite! Guess I can save my time for something else.

What is (was?) BB Unite's fundamental flaw do you guys think, and what was it really about, and where would you have liked to see it go??
    05-14-09 02:34 AM
    What is (was?) BB Unite's fundamental flaw do you guys think, and what was it really about, and where would you have liked to see it go??
    Costing money to develop and not bringing any in to show for it.

A 5-user license of BES server would make more sense from their end. That way they're not supporting three different products that all do the same thing. Plus you'd get more people learning how to administer a BES server, and learning why they'd want to.

I dunno if they'll do it, but it's a good idea.
    05-14-09 10:20 PM
    For those of you concerned with remote wipe, there are programs out there that upon receiving a SMS/email, your phone would wipe itself...
    05-15-09 01:19 AM
    For those of you concerned with remote wipe, there are programs out there that upon receiving a SMS/email, your phone would wipe itself...
    The program "SmrtGuard" has this option. I've beta tested it and once the app is installed, you can log onto the site and wipe the berry from there. Very good if it's stolen.

The beta is closed now but SmrtGuard should be available soon for sale.
    05-25-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD