First they changed the concept - app notification sounds belong to a damned profile now, every profile has now it's own notifications, who can guess this?
    That didn't change. 10.2 has this as well. Also, has nothing to do with color.

- then they changed the entire layout of that screen and they made it indeed complicated (I guess it's unfinished but they finally needed something to roll out)
    You've confirmed my earlier statement about changing layout vs. just color.

and (because this can't still be enough) they changed also the system wide colors.
    Yes, they ALSO did this. But the colors themselves don't necessarily make it harder, and since you listed them last, I'm guessing it's actually the least of your concerns.

BTW: on fulltouch devices nothing is highlighted in blue, this would be great, you don't even see a cursor because it's a thin gray bar on an all black background. - I tell you a consequence of all that: I don't use it anymore.
    To each his own, but the dropdown area has an down arrow indicating that it is an menu.

I have all my notifications configured in Power Tools which is at least profile independent.
    Not sure I understand this as I also have power tools. What exactly are you doing with Power tools that you believe you can't do naitively with the phone regarding profiles?
    05-18-15 06:56 AM
    hmm.. simple but sounds harder than setting up snap.
    Does your father think the same way when delete shortcut in windows desktop will uninstall the program automatically?
    Many things that your father doesn't understand about, just give him iphone.
    Or BlackBerry. Either would solve all of those issues.

BB10 device with a physical button that acts just like a 'swipe up' gesture. Simple, and sadly, necessary.
    Enter...the Classic. Sweet, sweet nirvana.
    05-18-15 06:58 AM
    . That bloody thing just works with any app without messing around...
    BlackBerry works with any app too. The app just has to exist. The point is, Iphone didn't make some magical technology that works better than some other technology, they simply exist in a world where more 3rd parties are making apps for Iphone. And that's purely because of the snowball effect combined with the chicken and egg effect. They were first to the market with the app craze, and eventually app makers just decided to go there instead of other phones like BB, etc. Otherwise the sentence above would apply to BlackBerry as well.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 05-18-15 at 07:24 AM.
    05-18-15 07:07 AM
    Not sure I understand this as I also have power tools. What exactly are you doing with Power tools that you believe you can't do naitively with the phone regarding profiles?
    I never said I can't do something with the original settings screens. I said the notification settings screen is a wonderful example for a really bad GUI design. One part of this is the new black on black color scheme. I have nothing more to say.
    05-18-15 07:18 AM
    I never said I can't do something with the original settings screens.
    But you insinuiated that when you said......
    ........."First they changed the concept - app notification sounds belong to a damned profile now, every profile has now it's own notifications, who can guess this?".......
    Followed later by........
    ..........."I have all my notifications configured in Power Tools which is at least profile independent."............

I said the notification settings screen is a wonderful example for a really bad GUI design. One part of this is the new black on black color scheme. I have nothing more to say.
    Where is there a "black on black" color scheme?

On 10.3 on my Classic and Z10 I have white on white (with black text).

I have nothing more to say.
    I don't blame you....
    05-18-15 07:45 AM
    I had no problems picking up the bb10 navigation most tech oriented people don't at least in my experience. However Bb10 isn't user friendly to people coming from the iPhone or Samsung. BlackBerry knows it's confusing to those types of people because in the early builds bb10 they added the hub icon and then the ui map at the bottom of the screen . Between apple and Samsung most smartphones sold have a physical home button.

Relying on gestures to navigate is bad business. Both BlackBerry and palm went this route one was sold for scrap and the other might be shortly. It would have been a good idea to keep the track pad as a physical button to navigate using a short press to select objects and a long press to go home. Maybe keep the rest of the tool belt as soft keys in a dock at the bottom of the screen like android does.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 07:47 AM
    Despite actual hands on time with a Classic (and a screen cam of me on my Z30), my brother wants to go iPhone, stating many reasons, one of which is that the BB10 UI is too confusing. I'm baffled by this. A red herring? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    If you are used to the iOS and ANdroid experience, there is a learning curve when using BB10.

If you are used to the BB10 experience, there is a learning curve when using iOS and Android.

To be honest though, I went from Android to BB10 about 2 years ago. At the time, BB10 was much easier to deal with once you got used to it. Whenever I touched an Android phone after I forgot how to use it, I couldn't even how to do simple things like fund my currently open apps.
    05-18-15 07:54 AM
    Relying on gestures to navigate is bad business.
    BB10 doesn't "rely" on gestures except for one single action, and with the Classic you don't need it at all. However not knowing it while handling the device in the store could prove to be enough for a user to simply walk away. BB definitely should have had some sort of "home" touch area at the least.
    05-18-15 07:56 AM
    I had no problems picking up the bb10 navigation most tech oriented people don't at least in my experience. However Bb10 isn't user friendly to people coming from the iPhone or Samsung. BlackBerry knows it's confusing to those types of people because in the early builds bb10 they added the hub icon and then the ui map at the bottom of the screen . Between apple and Samsung most smartphones sold have a physical home button.

Relying on gestures to navigate is bad business. Both BlackBerry and palm went this route one was sold for scrap and the other might be shortly. It would have been a good idea to keep the track pad as a physical button to navigate using a short press to select objects and a long press to go home. Maybe keep the rest of the tool belt as soft keys in a dock at the bottom of the screen like android does.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree to the logic in your post, I truly hope it will never happen.

They already removed the "click anywhere" feature in the camera for probably exactly that reason and I really miss it.
    Similarly I do hate home buttons.
    OS 10 doesn't need a home button, because it's just a swipe up, period.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 07:59 AM
    I have been using a Q10 for the past year or so and absolutely loving it excepting for the lack of apps.Recently bought an IPAD mini to makeup for the 'App' gaps in my BBRY, the UI is no where near as good as BBRY( it is not at all confusing!). I use 3G connections for both IPAD and BBRY device from the same service provider, in the IPAD the websites(safari browser) come up slower than in BBRY (blackberry browser).The 'gestures' are smooth in BBRY whereas its incompleteness clearly shows in the IPAD, for no reasons whatsoever 'appstore' locks up and does not show anything but blank screen.8 times out of 10 blackberryworld works and does a damn good job
    05-18-15 09:45 AM
    BlackBerry works with any app too. The app just has to exist. The point is, Iphone didn't make some magical technology that works better than some other technology, they simply exist in a world where more 3rd parties are making apps for Iphone. And that's purely because of the snowball effect combined with the chicken and egg effect. They were first to the market with the app craze, and eventually app makers just decided to go there instead of other phones like BB, etc. Otherwise the sentence above would apply to BlackBerry as well.
    You know what I meant...
    05-18-15 09:48 AM
    Blackberry UI is not for all, Blackberry Devices are not for all. Love Blackberry!!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-18-15 09:52 AM
    Actually, BlackBerry UI is not confusing at all I used both BlackBerry 10.3.1 and IOS. The reason people think it is confusing is because they get used to home button that's it. Every phone on the market now a day always comes with home button. Based on my experience with BlackBerry 10.3.1, is better than the rest of the Operating System. Open and Close so easy. I don't have to open a zillion apps just to reply to individual. People just don't want to except BlackBerry 10.3.1 is better. They just need to take a little time to learn BlackBerry 10.3.1. If they take time to learn it, I bet they will never look back like me. One day I handed my niece, the iPhone user, my BlackBerry Z30 and she kind of looking for home button to move around. She said where is the home button? I said there is no home button, gesture only. After I showed her how to move around with my Z30 and she said that was easy especially you don't have to open individual app to reply to people and the HUB for one stop for all is very unique.
    05-18-15 11:49 AM
    To the OP...what kind of response did you think you'd get posing a question like that on a site made up mainly of BlackBerry fanatics? Personally, I (until recently) could not warm up to OS10 at all...and I've had many BlackBerry devices in the past. That said, after MANY TRIES I finally gave myself some time with a Z30 I owned right before I sold it...and began to appreciate BBOS for what it was. I believe the OS is much easier to learn if you are not used to another OS, or are blessed with lots of time to play with your mobile device...although I know I will have a lot disagree with me.

Is the UI too complicated? Yes and no. I got frustrated with OS10 because it was totally foreign to me...and one of the reasons I adored the BlackBerry experience in the past is because of the simple effectiveness of it. With OS10...you have an OS that is more optimized for an pure touchscreen device like the Z30...and it was engineered to polevault BlackBerry back into a position in the smartphone market that at least was better than the dead-last position they were in before the OS change. The problem (in my opinion), is that they tried to be everything to everybody...and in doing that, alienated a large percentage of previous Legacy device users that loved BlackBerry for the same reasons I did. It's not that the UI is too complicated, it's that the learning curve is longer that most will tolerate. The reason the iPhone has become so almost sickenly popular is because the learning curve is shorter and the UI is so much more fluid and intuitive. Is iOS better than BBOS10? Not necessarily...but Apple has a lot longer to polish and streamline their product than BlackBerry...and didn't have to try and "beat" anybody.

I don't agree with those here who say the OP's brother just wants a more popular phone. That's petty...and is a blatantly fanboyish answer. It's the reason they make chocolate, vanilla & strawberry ice creams...everybody like something different.
    05-18-15 12:11 PM
    Every OS is difficult to some degree on your first use. However, no matter what platform your on, if you can't master the basics in a few days then you're just not trying--or you're new to smartphone technology in general.
    05-18-15 12:19 PM
    With OS10...you have an OS that is more optimized for an pure touchscreen device like the Z30...and it was engineered to polevault BlackBerry back into a position in the smartphone market that at least was better than the dead-last position they were in before the OS change.
    I liked your post but this part is factually wrong windows phone didn't overtake BlackBerry until bb10 had been released and os7 was eol.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...em-since-2009/

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 01:13 PM
    I liked your post but this part is factually wrong windows phone didn't overtake BlackBerry until bb10 had been released and os7 was eol.

? Smartphones: global sales by operating system 2009-2014 | Statistic

Posted via CB10
    Point taken.
    05-18-15 01:20 PM
    If you don't like it , get whatever works for you .
    (There's no need to make excuses !)

BTW , recently bought a Z10 for my 77 year old dad. It is his first smart phone , set it up in Italian ( he immigrated in the 60's ) took about an hour to show him and away he went !

He is loving it !
    Especially flicking words on bbm !

Complicated , I think not !
    My MIL is using a Z10 and she is in her 80s. She has an Android tablet. She has had no problems with the Z10. And my kids had not problems either.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 01:29 PM
    You know what I meant...
    I can't read minds, I only read words.
    05-18-15 01:34 PM
    That didn't change. 10.2 has this as well. Also, has nothing to do with color.

You've confirmed my earlier statement about changing layout vs. just color.

Yes, they ALSO did this. But the colors themselves don't necessarily make it harder, and since you listed them last, I'm guessing it's actually the least of your concerns.

To each his own, but the dropdown area has an down arrow indicating that it is an menu.
    Yes, the Colors make a HUGE difference in what your eye tracks to and makes it obvious where you can touch to get another menu.

I was very disappointed with the 10.3.x ugly color scheme and flat iToy look. With 10.2.1 and below, it is quite obviously differentiated between different elements.

I have two Z30's right next to each other. One running 10.2.1 and one running 10.3.1. What a huge difference, even in the Hub.

The Arrow is not always obvious enough of a clue. The color was also very helpful.
    muellerto likes this.
    05-18-15 05:06 PM
    Despite actual hands on time with a Classic (and a screen cam of me on my Z30), my brother wants to go iPhone, stating many reasons, one of which is that the BB10 UI is too confusing. I'm baffled by this. A red herring? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Show him Android... by the way, Is not that hard to operate a phone...
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 05-18-15 at 05:54 PM.
    05-18-15 05:22 PM
    Enter...the Classic. Sweet, sweet nirvana.
    Now, put the toolbelt on a device with a 16 x 9 screen and we have sweet, sweet nirvana that will have a chance of appealing to Android or iOS users who can't abide a square screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 05:59 PM
    Buf!
    05-19-15 01:53 PM
    I can't read minds, I only read words.
    Buf!
    05-19-15 01:55 PM
    It seems that your brother is impatient, not a "dummy"
    Maybe...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:35 PM
138 ... 23456