Watched my neighbor on his newer android yesterday. I got dizzy watching him navigate. App Notifications in the Hub are so much better.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 08:49 AM
    10.3.1 became indeed confusing, especially the black on black settings screens and the input fields which have been white before. The 10.2.1 GUI was much clearer.
    What black on black settings? Mine are white.
    06-08-15 01:04 PM
    Blackberry UI is not for all, Blackberry Devices are not for all. Love Blackberry
    karswarnava likes this.
    06-16-15 04:37 AM
    Watched my neighbor on his newer android yesterday. I got dizzy watching him navigate. App Notifications in the Hub are so much better.

Posted via CB10
    Android notifications are a complete mess IMO.

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    06-16-15 08:06 PM
    I beg to differ.
    I beg to know phone model and OS version, sir...

:-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-17-15 12:21 AM
    I beg to know phone model and OS version, sir...

•   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   •
    Verizon LG G3 VS985 on Lollipop.
    06-17-15 12:29 AM
    Android notifications are a complete mess IMO.

Posted via CB10
    That's what happens when you take a simple UI based on requirements 7 years ago and add enhancements over time for those 7 years. As time passes, added functionality can only be added in more and more convoluted ways.

Facebook has figured out the fix to this which is obvious. Only small changes to user experience at any time to prevent people getting pissed at a total redesign.
    06-17-15 08:21 AM
    Lol with the gestured and ability to peak I find BB10 so much easier than the clunky Android system.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    06-17-15 08:37 PM
    Yeah, the settings menu, but it's still an awfully long way from there......................
    :-)

On that Moto G I've got here which runs pretty much stock KitKat, it's a swipe down, then a press in the corner which brings up the Quick Settings menu.

Now, stop!, you're not there yet. Then it's
    - "Settings" for the full Settings menu
    - then "More"
    -then "Tethering and portable hotspot"
    -then tick the box net to "Portable Hotspot" (if it's already set up)

Now, I won't count the steps, but this is BY FAR to much digging for Joanne Droid or Joe Doe to ever find or bring it up on the screen...

There is NO icon for Hotspot in the Android "Quick Settings" like on BB10, sorry.
    Tell me if I've missed something...

(few edits for corrections)

�   Wife currently leaping around for joy with her new toy....   �
    In my outdated ICS
    BlackBerry UI too complicated?-overlay.png
    07-02-15 02:32 AM
    If I wanted to be bogged down with home buttons on antiquated operating systems with ecosystems designed to spy on my I'd use android or that child-like ios.
    07-04-15 10:35 AM
    If I wanted to be bogged down with home buttons on antiquated operating systems with ecosystems designed to spy on my I'd use android or that child-like ios.
    Though, at the same time, BlackBerry has no ecosystem so I can see it from both sides.
    07-04-15 10:53 AM
    Coming from another platform to #BB10, and observing other people fiddling with the phone at Costco and BestBuy (and getting frustrated) I can tell you some interesting observations that may help shed some light: (remember though, once you get used to these actions they feel so intuitive that one can never go back to those other devices - they feel so awkward!)

1. #BB10 is entirely gesture based - no buttons to kick start the home screen! I saw people with confused looks until I showed them how to do it - they had the inquisitive look and a "aahaa!" moment on their face! Since 10.2.x BlackBerry has almost addressed this...

2. People are not aware of the fact that, on a #BB10 device, all the edges of the device have actions associated with them - with one and sometimes using 2 fingers. BlackBerry needs to call out this virtue up front!

3. People are not aware that they can use their finger to gesture an action like: "up" to lift the screen, and optionally either go "right" or "left" to shift to a new context (Active Frame, Hub, etc.) or swiping to help Flick the words! BlackBerry needs to call out this virtue up front!

4. While typing text, when they see words popping up on some of the characters on the keyboard they don't know that they should do a flick action - I have seen people trying to tap on that word instead! BlackBerry needs to communicate about this amazing capability!

5. People get confused by Stacked pages - especially if the stacked page shows up because you clicked on a link while reading a message in the Hub! - #bb10 stacks up the application if you click on a link - it doesn't launch that app in a separate window - albeit, it provides an action at the bottom that allows you to launch that page in a separate application window - one can keep sticking pages on top of each other as they continue to click on links! #BB10 needs provide administrative setting to let the user switch this off.

It would be best if they provide a "Power User" and "Newbie" mode during startup. Default should be "Newbie"

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:16 PM
    Pressing a home button a zillion times to get in and out of apps is confusing, we have a Hub, one particular shortcut key and voila, start typing and voila, just some examples. There is a time to get used to a BB10 device but once past it, communication heaven.
    2 years and more back on BlackBerry 10 devices and no, not one regret. If I open the Android app store and it already starts with "This app needs access to all your private stuff to operate", another reminder why I've left Android. Physical kb, Hub, FM radio, great battery, good speakers/sound quality, good signal, don't know where to stop, all great reminders why I do not want another brand to handle all my "communications".
    Plus BlackBerry updates on a regular base over these last 2 years and already vastly improved.

CB10 - Passport
    TheAuthority likes this.
    07-04-15 11:16 PM
138 ... 456