Radioshack has a device to add to your phone that will alloq you to record phone calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-08 04:19 AM
    BB hands down, I had a PDA phone with WM5 and I'm glad I have a BB now
    03-15-08 01:48 PM
    I should have done my research before I bought my 755p because I had to install the sync software on a sandbox trash pc running 32 bit XP because on my main pc with my outlook and other software I'm running 64 bit XP.
    I'm syncing my BB Pearl to a 6 year old desktop b/c neither Sony, Sprint or Blackberry can figure out why my Pearl won't sync to my 1-year old Vaio laptop. It's a real pain b/c now I'm manually keeping my contacts in sync b/c the rest of my life is on the Vaio. My husband is syncing his iphone to the same desktop b/c Apple only allows the iphone to sync to the current Mac OS (but they do support XP, go figure) and he has the last OS. So the sync issues aren't limited to the Treo, it's a roll of the dice.
    03-15-08 05:17 PM
    Coming from a treo, bb hands down. The things I thought I would miss on the treo, haven't been missed at all. Docs2Go, wireless sync of contacts and calendar, etc. And the stability is great.

I tried to do something on my wife's treo the other day and I was losr hunting for the trackball and kept turning the dern thing off by hitting the end key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i was doing this with my bf's treo and i kept locking the keypad or whatever cause i was hitting the end key LOL
    03-15-08 05:19 PM
    BB to the T. The only way to go.
    03-15-08 11:14 PM
    How come folks always want opinions on other phones on this site? I would think most folks here would be bias to other phones
    03-15-08 11:22 PM
    You took the words out of my mouth. I'm one without biased opinions and I feel that being on the road, you will have better call quality with the blackberry. If you aren't using it for corporate email, it will actually be 5$ cheaper. 30$ for BB plan as opposed to 35$ for PDA connect for the treo.

If you want to compare which BB to get, then you would get lots of different opinions on CB.
    03-16-08 01:17 AM
    I never see anyone mention this and maybe I just missed it. I used to have a Treo 650, it was fine, but I have a BB 8703e now and LOVE it. The biggest thing is being able to switch between mutiple programs at the same time. If you can do this on Treo, then it's hidden and I had no idea. I LOVE using messenger to chat, then get an email, switch over, reply, go back to my chat, switch to google maps, switch back etc.

The one thing I do miss is what people mention for text messages. It shows them on Treo like a chat, similar to bb messenger or MSN. Only thing with that is after about 20 or so messages it gets really slow to open so you have to delete it. I don't miss the touch screen, like people said it can be a pain having to use the phone one handed and pull out the stylus. I personally hated the Treo keyboard, I can type VERY fast on the BB but not on the Treo.
    03-16-08 07:55 PM
    well you've missed out on quite a bit. chat programs can run in the background and pop up when you get new messages or new people pop online. I use Mundu that way from time to time. You can configure it to alert you in all sorts of ways while Googlemaps is always at the point I left it when I go back in. Email can be the same way too.

As far as switching apps, it's extremely simple. You just hold down the Home Key and it pops up a list of your most recent apps to select from. I don't know if it gets any easier than one button press.

and I think you just didn't know how to use your 650 because d-pad integration is very well integrated and for the most part the only reason to actually use the stylus is because you want to, not because you have to. I don't know why people think you have to use the touchscreen. One handed use with the d-pad is pretty easy. Outside of the older palm programs that were developed before the d-pad, all the newer programs are fully developed for d-pad navigation.

So you're a bit off base with those comments. I'll leave the keyboard comment to preference.

I never see anyone mention this and maybe I just missed it. I used to have a Treo 650, it was fine, but I have a BB 8703e now and LOVE it. The biggest thing is being able to switch between mutiple programs at the same time. If you can do this on Treo, then it's hidden and I had no idea. I LOVE using messenger to chat, then get an email, switch over, reply, go back to my chat, switch to google maps, switch back etc.

The one thing I do miss is what people mention for text messages. It shows them on Treo like a chat, similar to bb messenger or MSN. Only thing with that is after about 20 or so messages it gets really slow to open so you have to delete it. I don't miss the touch screen, like people said it can be a pain having to use the phone one handed and pull out the stylus. I personally hated the Treo keyboard, I can type VERY fast on the BB but not on the Treo.
    04-25-08 03:26 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD