I'm a loyal BlackBerry Fan, User, and Supporter. But is it me or does Rim just really leave us customers hanging at times. For example iWas waiting on 6.1 update. 6.1 became Os7 and some users where left in the dark whether or not there would even continue updates for Os6. Then Os7 users were hyped for its release then POW BBX gets announced. It really seems like Rim starts a project and leaves some consumers left behind. I'm all for growth and the next best thing but come on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 12:13 AM
    I love my BlackBerry, but...
    10-25-11 01:16 AM
    RIM is going through a big transition yet they need to sell phones. I appreciate the fact that the jumps between OS 6 to OS 7 have all resulted in very functional BlackBerry-esque phones and hope that BBX stays true BlackBerry as well.

A quick tale of the tape shows:
    Apple - iOS was not even officially declared until the iPhone SDK was released over 8 months after the iPhone was launched, iOS has always been a phone OS and has built improved since 2007, iOS5 upgrade is good for iPhone 3GS and up, iPad (2), 3rd/4th gen iPod Touch. iPhone users typically skip one generation, two MAX (approximately 1.5-2.5 years).

Android - Android officially kicks off with the Open Handset Alliance at the end of 2007, apparently as of October 2011, 45% of Android users are still on Froyo 2.2, we'll see how many actually make the cut to ICS 4.0. Android users typically graduate one increment based on yearly handset upgrades (2.2 to 2.3.3 to 4.0)

BlackBerry OS - over 10 years old, still alive, the reason our OS feels dated is because our devices last users longer and they continue to do so despite the rapid pace of tech development. My last phone was a curve 8330 that got bumped from OS 4.5 - OS 5.0, my upgrade was a Bold 9900 w/ OS 7.0. Many OS 6.0 phones, while not top of the line, will "technically" last you into 2012.
    10-25-11 01:55 AM
    I'm a loyal BlackBerry Fan, User, and Supporter. But is it me or does Rim just really leave us customers hanging at times. For example iWas waiting on 6.1 update. 6.1 became Os7 and some users where left in the dark whether or not there would even continue updates for Os6. Then Os7 users were hyped for its release then POW BBX gets announced. It really seems like Rim starts a project and leaves some consumers left behind. I'm all for growth and the next best thing but come on.

Is this in comparison to the "RIM is not innovative" threads?
    10-25-11 07:57 AM
    i love my bb but i agree to a point they shouldn't leave the people behind with the other phones.. It almost seems like they want us to buy the new phones but then I have t mobile and they dont ever get any good new blackberrys so im stuck back with os 6 lolz which is okay with me but anyways they shouldnt stop making updates for the other software is all i am aiming at
    10-25-11 12:15 PM
    RIM is going under the pressure in where majority of regular people don't care about security or BES. They are going under the heat of becoming another boring Android or iOS or trying to become revolutionary with some other invention. Hopefully with the acquirement of scoreloop and newbay and the java powers of bb we can achieve this! Goooooo RIM!

10-25-11 12:24 PM

Nothing new for RIM... very few products have been able to run on the next OS. Think this was because RIM started in the "phone" business. Whereas Apple and Google were more in the computer business and moved into (and took over) the smartphone business.

Accounts for some of the dissatisfaction with the BlackBerry brand.
    10-25-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD