Blackberry Travel, have I told you lately how much I Love you?

Really who has a better program than this? never found it on Android nor with Apple.

if you haven't used it, I highly reccomend!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-28-12 12:06 AM
    I agree.. like the BBM group integration..
    07-28-12 12:55 AM
    I Agee as well. I'm surprised at how many people don't realize the app is available for free. It should come preloaded.
    07-28-12 09:18 AM
    On the iPhone its called WoldMate Pro its the exact same thing as the BB version, except RIM decided to call it "Blackberry Travel"

The only difference is WorldMate Pro is $10 and BB Travel is free
    07-28-12 09:48 AM
    Love Blackberry Travel. I have had Blackberry travel update my gate number before the update even showed up on the airport monitors. The first time it happened I thought BB Travel was showing bad info and could not be trusted. But I was then very impressed when I saw the airport update to the same info a few minutes later.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 07-28-12 at 05:51 PM.
    07-28-12 01:56 PM
    Somehow the proper gate info never comed through for me. The fields always remain blank for me. The rest is truly comprehensive though.
    07-28-12 02:24 PM
    Love Blackberry Travel. I have bad Blackberry travel update my gate number before the update even showed up on the airport monitors. The first time it happened I thought BB Travel was showing bad info and could not be trusted. But I was then very impressed when I saw the airport update to the same info a few minutes later.
    This has happened regularly for me. The rest of the "waiting room" shows up 5-10 minutes after I'm at the new gate. On a couple of occasions I've been asked how I knew, and I've given RIM the free plug.

I've also been able to get one of the last rental cars on one trip for the same reason. I was at IAD waiting for a flight to LGA that kept getting delayed. At about 9:30 BB Travel notified me the flight was cancelled and I headed to the rental car center. About 10 minutes after I got there, the center was flooded with people because the airline/airport finally announced the cancellation. They ran out of cars shortly after I got there. I got home that night (granted at 2:30 am) but nobody else did.
    07-28-12 02:43 PM
    Love Blackberry Travel. I have bad Blackberry travel update my gate number before the update even showed up on the airport monitors. The first time it happened I thought BB Travel was showing bad info and could not be trusted. But I was then very impressed when I saw the airport update to the same info a few minutes later.
    I love it too. It notified me last year that a flight was canceled minutes before I was checking out of the hotel to go to the airport. I jumped on the phone to the airline for rebooking options. 15 minutes later, my phone rang and it was the airline's automated flight info service saying the flight was canceled and to call for rebooking to which I had already done thanks to BB Travel.
    07-28-12 05:45 PM
    Never used it...but hey the next time I take a trip I will check it out!
    07-28-12 05:58 PM
    Ajst, my last trip, to the Philippines, involved a 15hr flight to Tokyo, a 4hr layover, and another 5 hrs on to Manila. 24 hrs total to get there. I made sure I booked seats with charging ports, and brought a spare battery for my BB - Primarily for BB Travel which I pretty much consider indispensible for travel now. EVERYTHING was in that app. Flight confirmations, Hotel confirmations, all contact info for Hotels and various forms of transportation. It updates flight info. It reminds you to confirm, it even warns you if you seem to be missing accomodations for a night. I had 8 flights on that trip, 5 hotels and then some various other forms of transport. Of course I made prints of everything God forbid something happened to my phone, but it didn't, and my phone handled everthing. When you book something, BB Travel scans the confirmation email and automatically adds the info to your trip. My ONLY complaint, is that it is not yet available for my PlayBook.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 07-28-12 at 06:16 PM.
    07-28-12 06:11 PM
    On the iPhone its called WoldMate Pro its the exact same thing as the BB version, except RIM decided to call it "Blackberry Travel"

The only difference is WorldMate Pro is $10 and BB Travel is free
    WorldMate Pro isn't as good as BlackBerry Travel because iOS lacks the integration with other services

BlackBerry travel links with BBM groups, making GROUP travel with BlackBerry travel better, BlackBerry Travel activates my phones vibrate when my gate changes, WorldMate pro doesn't seem to do that on my iPhone
    FMB8900 likes this.
    07-28-12 06:16 PM
    Easily one of the top apps across any platform....It was also part of my decision to go with a BB7 device instead of jumping ship.

I like getting the welcome email as soon as I fire up my BB when I land
    07-28-12 06:48 PM
    Just downloaded because of this thread. OMG! How could I not have known about this amazing app!?
    07-28-12 07:27 PM
    These are the things we need to concentrate on when talking BB. there are a lot of positives to BB and tired of hearing all the bad. Time BB nation bring its positive voice.

BB travel is second to none!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-28-12 07:50 PM
    Great app, saved my time many times, switching gates, delayed flights...
    I agree, should come preloaded, otherwise people are just not aware of it.
    07-28-12 08:11 PM
    In my opinion, all of the RIM's apps(blackberry protect/travel/traffic...) should come preloaded, and one of the marketing ads should focus on how many things you can do with a blackberry out of the box. Then people may come to realize that blackberry is the richest out of the box smartphone, and by picking blackberry they don't have to look for apps for these many things.
    geoffsdad likes this.
    07-28-12 08:42 PM
    In my opinion, all of the RIM's apps(blackberry protect/travel/traffic...) should come preloaded, and one of the marketing ads should focus on how many things you can do with a blackberry out of the box. Then people may come to realize that blackberry is the richest out of the box smartphone, and by picking blackberry they don't have to look for apps for these many things.
    Your opinion on this is the truth!
    07-28-12 09:17 PM
    Your opinion on this is the truth!
    Agreed. For anyone who works with teams, also add BB Mobile Conferencing to the list. It's absolutely brilliant. I've gotten three iPhone users in my firm to switch back to BB just because of that app.
    07-28-12 09:57 PM
    Blackberry travel, a great app and for free!
    07-28-12 10:06 PM
    My favorite thing about it is sharing trips and group emails. So instead of sending messages or calling someone to say you've landed safely here and there they just get the same "Welcome to...." emails you get each time you land.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    07-28-12 10:23 PM
    WorldMate Pro isn't as good as BlackBerry Travel because iOS lacks the integration with other services

BlackBerry travel links with BBM groups, making GROUP travel with BlackBerry travel better, BlackBerry Travel activates my phones vibrate when my gate changes, WorldMate pro doesn't seem to do that on my iPhone
    I didnt know that, thanks!

I just download it on my buddy's iPhone last night and played around with it alittle. And as far as I could tell it looked very similar to me, but I forgot about the BBM integration.
    07-28-12 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD