"BlackBerry's CEO said more QWERTY phones are coming, and the company's enterprise head promised better integration with Microsoft platforms."

"We'll concentrate on high-end phones for the enterprise customer," Chen said. "the majority of our phones will be keyboarded, but there will still be touch screens."

The rest is on this link: BlackBerry Touts 'BlackBerry Classic' Phone, Cross-Platform Support | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    04-11-14 11:28 PM
    Maybe it'll work properly with Outlook then. That would be a nice change.
    04-12-14 05:06 AM
    "Don't expect to see inexpensive BlackBerrys popping up on U.S shelves before 2016. While BlackBerry has some room in the consumer space in countries like Indonesia, within the U.S. "the only people we can really interest are the prosumers, at least for the next 2-3 years," Chen said."

04-12-14 05:17 AM
    I don't think phones in the US will ever be cheap. It seems the US will be adopting the whole purchase your phone outright or pay as you go plans. A lack of subsidizing will make phones appear to go up in price. The positive thing is while sure a Z30 seems expensive at $499 it's vastly cheaper than a 16GB iPhone at $650 and Galaxy's and Notes.

Sent via CrackBerry Forums
    04-12-14 05:27 AM
    Is that a picture of the Q20 on the page linked to?
    04-12-14 12:35 PM
    Is that a picture of the Q20 on the page linked to?
    It's a Q10 from what I can see.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 01:07 PM
    I think he is missing the selling point of BBOS7 and that because BBOS7 now is the easiest to use out of any OS. Everything is just black and white with it.

I can only see this phone have a small niche. If they really want this phone to kill it, they need to bring have the option to go to BBOS7 theme then for the active frames have it like PBOS2 or have a PBOS theme. (which is best of both worlds anyways)

Attachment 264621
    Attachment 264622

1. Open up the damn theme API!! (imagine themes and icon packs on BB10, i loved themes back on OS5)
    2. make it possible to have a virtual 'Tool Belt" for other build owners which works just as good as the old one
    TrackPad Editor - BlackBerry World just add the call, menu and end key.

Chen is doing an amazing job. He does need to look at these little things and integrate them to the OS TODAY!!!

Future is touch screen so he should just repackage the Z30 just like Samsung and HTC did with their flagships (with barely any difference) just to get the name out and make it a little better like camera, battery (3000mah would really pick it up a notch from 2-3 days to steady 3 days :P), better ppi and that's it!
    04-21-14 08:43 AM
    I am know I am going to be bashed and flogged over this next comment, but I think it's a bad idea staying with physical keyboard devices, period. I am sorry to have to tell the faithful this, but no one I know who used to be a loyal Blackberry user would ever go back to a physical keyboard device again, touchscreen devices are the new standard now.

I think their money would be better spent with a quad core, 5" HD screen device with 32 or 64 gig of memory and 3 gig's of ram. Something that would give someone who is currently using a competitive product, a reason to cross over to the brand? Sorry to be the bear of bad news here, but no one is going to jump ship for a device with spec's and styling from 2009.

I would update the screen on the new z3 to HD, make it a quad core, 32 or 64 gig's of memory and keep the cost under 400 and you would have a winner. Just my two cents based on what I see here in the USA.
    felixweber likes this.
    04-21-14 05:09 PM
    I am know I am going to be bashed and flogged over this next comment, but I think it's a bad idea staying with physical keyboard devices, period. I am sorry to have to tell the faithful this, but no one I know who used to be a loyal Blackberry user would ever go back to a physical keyboard device again, touchscreen devices are the new standard now.

I think their money would be better spent with a quad core, 5" HD screen device with 32 or 64 gig of memory and 3 gig's of ram. Something that would give someone who is currently using a competitive product, a reason to cross over to the brand? Sorry to be the bear of bad news here, but no one is going to jump ship for a device with spec's and styling from 2009.

I would update the screen on the new z3 to HD, make it a quad core, 32 or 64 gig's of memory and keep the cost under 400 and you would have a winner. Just my two cents based on what I see here in the USA.

Have to agree that in my area, keyboard devices are history. The few people that I know have them... are forced to use them.

That said I know there are many here that love their keyboards, and BlackBerry has to know how many Q5's and Q10's have sold. And I assume they have gone out and asked their existing customers what format they most want to use. So maybe they know that in the whole world with Billions of consumers.... there is a group that wants keyboard devices. That' maybe their niche.

And let's face it everyone is making HD, Quad Core, Super Phones....and not making much profit from doing so, BlackBerry has zero chance of winning in the Android spec wars. They WANT to be like Apple, lower volume but higher profits.... they just don't have that something that makes their platform valuable enough to overlook the hardware differences (as they turn to Andorid for Apps I'm not sure they have a platform anymore)
    04-30-14 11:55 AM