Which one should I be using? I am currently Tour user, but is looking into Storm 2 and wondering which one has more features and better. What I am really interested in WIFI, which Tour doesn't have but Storm 2 does and that bothers me a little bit which this is the reason why I am in the market and is comparing. So give me your opinion on Tour VS Storm 2!
    08-30-10 10:34 PM
    Just curious, as I have often thought of going with the Storm 2, too, why are you not looking at the Bold 9650? It's basically the Tour with more memory and Wi-fi? Storm 2 is all touch screen. My interest in the Storm 2, coming from the Tour, was to get a bigger screen for web browsing and video watching. Don't know if I like that little blue light following me around when I do text input, but everything else about the device looks cool. I am still leaning towards an Android for my next phone, but if I stayed BlackBerry, I'd probably check out the Storm 3 coming out in October. I hope others respond to your post because I also like the idea that I can probably get the Storm 2 for free with the NE2 discount when I become eligible in a few months.
    08-31-10 12:35 AM
    Keypad vs SurePress. That's the biggest difference. I went from a Curve 8520 to a Storm 2. It's not exactly the same trying to text on a Storm 2, and it's either hit or miss, love or hate. I personally love SurePress, but sometimes I look at my friends' Curves or Bolds and I sure miss that beautiful keypad which can never be replaced by any touch screen. You'll understand if you're a keypad person and decided to make the switch to a touch screen phone.

Little blue light? Not an issue at all. In fact it has its place for me. I don't count myself having fast reflexes but when I see the wrong key highlighted I don't depress the screen.

Battery life is not one of the S2's strong points, but it holds itself for a day with heavy texting (more than 100 texts sent).

Big screen. It's fantastic for my reading needs. I feel claustrophobic reading documents and e-mails on my Curve's tiny screen that it was one of the main reason why I switched. Now imagine how it feels like browsing the web (assuming you can put up with the speed, or the lack thereof when compared to Droid/iPhone devices) or watching videos.

Also, don't waste your NE2 on a S2. Sounds like a S2 refresh is round the corner, and a S3 out by the end of Q1 2011. If you have the patience the S3 looks like it's worth the wait. Otherwise, by the time your NE2 is up you can get a refresh which will have OS6 and one of its major limitations reduced in impact - web browsing.
    08-31-10 02:06 AM
    Who the heck wants that tiny screen lol STORM 2 baby! I cant imagine anyone using a full touch screen and wanting to go back. SurePress rocks when its working good. I was gonna get the S2 but the S3 is supposed to be out this fall!
    08-31-10 08:53 AM
    Why Storm2? You may want to wait to see what Storm3 has to offer. S2 is not that much of an upgrade.
    08-31-10 08:56 AM
    I would hold onto your tour and decide between the bold 9650 and storm 3. It looks like no official release for os 6 for the storm 2 by vzw so I wouldn't burn an upgrade on the storm 2. It already has an end of life date in Oct. At least the bold 9650 will be getting os 6 and the storm 3 will ship with it. If the storm 3 is simply a refresh with a better camera and mobile hot spot (with no real hardware gains) then it's merely a form factor decision. I have a storm 1 and a bold 9650 and I go back and forth. I love the bold keyboard but the larger screen on the storm is so much nicer for reading emails and web browsing. I also love pattern lock on the storm as a way to lock the phone. I need some password type locking feature and it's nice to quickly swipe a pattern instead of entering the password with a keypad a thousand times a day. Regardless of your form factor preference, your debate should really be between the bold 9650 and storm 3. Especially if you don't have a yearly upgrade.
    08-31-10 10:54 AM
    Who the heck wants that tiny screen lol STORM 2 baby! I cant imagine anyone using a full touch screen and wanting to go back. SurePress rocks when its working good. I was gonna get the S2 but the S3 is supposed to be out this fall!
    I went back after i discovered what a disappointment S2 was. 9650 is a much better device.
    08-31-10 11:00 AM
    depends what you want. can you live w/ a touchscreen?

Personally i think you should wait for s3...
    08-31-10 11:39 AM
    I have experienced with touch screen, which that was omnia. I don't know if Storm 3 would come out to my provider, appalachian wireless. It takes over years to finally put Storm 2 in their choice to sell for customers. I don't really see Storm 3 or even Torch coming to them any soon. And I would never, once in my life will use Bold or Curve. I couldn't stand them, the only main reason why I want to move onto another blackberry is because of wifi and hoping for better quality in camera than my Tour and more smoother and bigger memory. If I am going to be buying Storm 2, it'll has to be in full paid as if it's for prepaid which is $550. Because my 2-years contract with them isn't up, won't be up for a long while. Storm 2 could be bought a lot of cheaper if you renew the contract or buy the contract on first day, or otherwise a day later, will have to pay for cell phone using no contract discounts. Which this is why it's putting a lot of pressures on my shoulders. I really would like to have Storm 2, but again I'd like to have storm 3 which probably come out in two years knowing how Appalachian Wireless runs.
    09-03-10 01:44 AM
    The thing about the Bold 9650 is that it's basically the same phone as the Tour with some upgrades (WiFi, trackpad, double the RAM, OS 6 ready). Why they decided to call it a Bold instead of Tour is beyond me. Unless you really hate your Tour's form factor, I don't see why you'd get the Storm. It isn't faster, nor does it offer more application memory like the 9650 does.
    Last edited by Karmaloop; 09-03-10 at 02:06 AM.
    09-03-10 01:57 AM
    I have experienced with touch screen, which that was omnia. I don't know if Storm 3 would come out to my provider, appalachian wireless. It takes over years to finally put Storm 2 in their choice to sell for customers. I don't really see Storm 3 or even Torch coming to them any soon. And I would never, once in my life will use Bold or Curve. I couldn't stand them, the only main reason why I want to move onto another blackberry is because of wifi and hoping for better quality in camera than my Tour and more smoother and bigger memory. If I am going to be buying Storm 2, it'll has to be in full paid as if it's for prepaid which is $550. Because my 2-years contract with them isn't up, won't be up for a long while. Storm 2 could be bought a lot of cheaper if you renew the contract or buy the contract on first day, or otherwise a day later, will have to pay for cell phone using no contract discounts. Which this is why it's putting a lot of pressures on my shoulders. I really would like to have Storm 2, but again I'd like to have storm 3 which probably come out in two years knowing how Appalachian Wireless runs.
    Sounds like the S2 is the one for you. Trust your instincts, go with what you want. I don't know if I'm going to get dissed for saying that, but while I looking to renew my 2-year contract I set my eyes on the S2 and I knew straightaway it was what I want. I've never had a BB before that either. No regrets!
    09-03-10 03:25 AM
    Sounds like the S2 is the one for you. Trust your instincts, go with what you want. I don't know if I'm going to get dissed for saying that, but while I looking to renew my 2-year contract I set my eyes on the S2 and I knew straightaway it was what I want. I've never had a BB before that either. No regrets!
    my first bb was the S2 i dont think i would ever trade it for onther
    09-03-10 10:51 AM
    My instincts actually tells me to get Storm 2, my guts kept telling me "why are you waiting - go buy it". But then I did some research and just found out that BlackBerry made new device which is Torch that just started in market, then that lower my instincts and then read some topics around here that are saying that Storm 3 are coming out, that even lowering my instincts. So right now, my guts are telling me that I might should keep my Tour until end of this year and see if any newer BlackBerry comes to the local store (appalachian wireless) here, if not then I'll go for whichever is the newest blackberry they got, if it's storm 2 then be it. Although, I would like to compare it to each. Comparing to my Tour and Storm 2 still, to see if that's what I really want. Right now, my concern is that is what version Appalachian Wireless allows customers to have on their device (Cause I updated a 5.0+ version finally from 4 version and then service was shut and I had to take it to store today and they was nice enough to reactivate it with no charge since they know it was an accident as it's error and fixed it where I get to still keep 5.0+ version, thank god).

For some people that stated about Bold and Curve, the reason why I don't get them is cause of style. I am absolutely picky on the style, Tour, Storm and Torch is definitely my kind of styles, not bold, curve nor pearl. And my cousin has Curve and I checked it out and compared it, even some of negative comments from friends that I am close to outside of the internet was very impressed with my Tour rather than their curve and bold. I only tested on Curve, though. I remember a month or couple months ago wanted me to take picture on my tour and hers on same object to test the quality and my Tour picture quality came out way better since I am sort of pictures freak who likes to take pictures basically every where I go.
    Last edited by JoshiesWorld; 09-07-10 at 02:08 PM.
    09-07-10 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD