Hello and Happy New Year,

Thank you for your help. When I plug my phone into my PC I receive an icon under my Computer. It's a great little picture of the phone. When I double click on that it opens the media card, which is great. It shows me two files, both related to the music, I have on my sd card. This is also great.

It does not show me however, all the other folders I have on the sd card. Is there a way to show all the folders associated with the sd card?

(This way I can drop and drop pictures, word, whatever right from there without using that silly Desktop Manager-Media thing.)

One more note. If I open the Desktop Manager-Media I can then switch over to "My Computer" and open my sd card under an "E drive", thus allowing me to do everything I want. I was just trying to be lazy and not deal with the Media application on my PC if I didn't have to.

Thank you so very much,

W
    01-06-10 11:37 AM
    On your Tour, when you initially plug it into the USB with the computer, does it prompt you if you want to enter "Mass Storage Mode" on the BB screen? If it does, you will want to select yes, and this will allow you to use your SD card as a flash drive, which would allow you to add the files the way you are talking about.
    01-06-10 12:01 PM
    there should be a folder called "blackberry" that has all the folders your talking about.... if not make one
    01-06-10 12:19 PM
    First, Thank you so very much for your help. When I initially connect my Blackberry to my PC there is a screen, entitled, "Portable Device", that pops up with these three options: 1. Open device to view files using Windows Explorer, 2. Sync digital media files to this device, and 3. Take no action. It's almost like it thinks it's a music player only and therefore will only show me the two folders that are associated with the music portion of the smartphone, (a folder where my playlists are stored), and a second folder where my music is stored.
    01-06-10 02:51 PM
    Is that what it says on the computer screen itself? It is almost like it views it like a music device... how interesting.

Did you happen to see what, if anything, it says on your BB's screen?
    01-06-10 02:52 PM
    Goto Options and select Memory, make sure Media Card Support: is On, make sure Mass Storage Mode Support: is On, make sure Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: is either On or Prompt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 06:36 PM
    Again, thank you so much for you offering your help and assistance. I believe the problem was with my pc and not the device. My pc must have reset itself as the first window that appears after connecting the phone is now the correct window. It no longer just reads "music files". I'm in good shape. Have a great New Year! And don't go out and buy the new Google Phone ... we need you here!!!
    01-07-10 08:00 AM
    I was having this problem as well and the reason was that I had the "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" option turned off. Hopefully once I enable it, I won't have to use the crappy media sych with Desktop Manager and I can just drag and drop from now on like I did with my Curve.

Thank you all!
    01-07-10 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD