I've seen the disassembling video of the BB TOUR. I just wanted to confirm if the BB TOUR has a WiFi chip or not. I know there are rumours of it being disabled until the new OS is available, but would just like to clear up the rumour based on your facts and information. Thanks...

Also, is it true that they'll be releasing newer models of the BB TOUR with WiFi sometime soon in the future?
    07-21-09 02:37 PM
    Sprint will be launching tours with wifi next year sometime. As for our current 9630, its unknown and highly doubtful there is a secret wifi chip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 02:41 PM
    There is NO WiFi chip built into the current Tour. The latest rumors say the Tour 2 will be released in early 2010, and at least on Sprint there will be WiFi. I have not yet heard anything about Verizon getting it.
    07-21-09 02:43 PM
    There is NO WiFi chip built into the current Tour. The latest rumors say the Tour 2 will be released in early 2010, and at least on Sprint there will be WiFi. I have not yet heard anything about Verizon getting it.
    Im pretty sure there will be wifi in all blackberries after the Tour on VZW. I read it on Crackberry somewhere.
    07-21-09 03:14 PM
    Im pretty sure there will be wifi in all blackberries after the Tour on VZW. I read it on Crackberry somewhere.
    This. There is internal documentation floating around VZW that has stated this.
    07-21-09 03:22 PM
    Sprint has said the same thing. Finally they are actually listening to something that customers want.
    07-21-09 03:33 PM
    would this include telus as well?
    07-22-09 02:49 PM
    I've had my wifi chip for years

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 03:00 PM
    07-22-09 03:16 PM
    Support for 802.11a/b/g and Voice-over-IP capabilities...

C O N N E C T I V I T Y
    Seamless connection with indispensable consumer electronics
    • Supports QUALCOMM’s Mobile Digital Display Interface (MDDI), high-speed serial interconnection
    technology, for increased reliability in clamshell phones
    • Supports external Bluetooth� 2.0 + EDR solution for wireless connectivity to BT mono and stereo
    headsets, PDAs, printers and other BT enabled peripherals

• Hi-speed universal serial bus (USB) on-the-go (OTG) functionality
    • TV-out support for viewing video and photos or playing 3D games
    • Support for 802.11a/b/g and Voice-over-IP capabilities
    • Support for multicast technologies, including QUALCOMM’s FLO™ technology DVB-H and ISDB-T
    • SecureMSM™ security suite v3.0: includes support for OMA DRM, subsidy protection and deviceidentifier
    integrity, including IMEI
    The Mobile Station Modem™ (MSM™) MSM7600™ chipset and system software solution for CDMA2000 1xEV-DO,
    WCDMA (UMTS)/HSDPA/HSUPA and GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks features the next-generation technology required
    to run the world’s most advanced applications on mobile handsets. From rich multimedia experiences to complex
    data applications, the MSM7600 chipset offers the ability to meet the needs of the savviest wireless users.
    MSM7600™ Chipset Solution
    Last edited by jsimanella; 07-22-09 at 04:04 PM.
    07-22-09 03:46 PM
    Yes but that's not built into the chip. There is a chip schematic that shows how everything would work. Look up the MSM7500 and you will see that wifi is directly on there. Unless I missed something.
    07-22-09 04:00 PM
    Apparently Bluetooth isn't built on the chip either, but it's there,..

• Supports external Bluetooth� 2.0 + EDR solution for wireless connectivity to BT mono and stereo
    07-22-09 04:03 PM
    Hmmm.....interesting, they don't list Michael Jackson's soul on that spec list either..........
    07-22-09 04:06 PM
    Apparently Bluetooth isn't built on the chip either, but it's there,..

� Supports external Bluetooth� 2.0 + EDR solution for wireless connectivity to BT mono and stereo
    Read that. *EXTERNAL* is important...
    07-22-09 04:08 PM
    I heard that the Tour has a chip that can take away anything to do with Michael Jackson. But it's just a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by timshea3; 07-22-09 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo
    07-22-09 04:17 PM
    Not sure if anyone would even be able to answer this...but I'm on a provincial carrier. Meaning I am in Canada, and the people who do my cell phone only do the province I am in. They are usually slower in getting new phones, they wait to see how popular they are, if they'll actually sell if they buy some.

Anyways, if they are coming out with a new Tour with Wifi...would they stop making the original Tour? Just wondering because that might delay my carrier getting the Tour for even longer. Not like it really matters i got 2+ years on my contract, but still.
    07-22-09 04:17 PM
    what your looking as is the ability of the chip to interface with a wi-fi chip not that it actually is a "wi-fi" radio
    07-22-09 04:19 PM
    i would not mind my tour with wifi but what can we do?? nothing just enjoy the tour the way it is
    07-22-09 10:27 PM
    or hold out for a CDMA BB with wifi. It will happen! Lower Tour sales will give them a nice message that its users will not accept anything less
    07-22-09 11:28 PM
    Sprint has said the same thing. Finally they are actually listening to something that customers want.
    they are not listening hard enough ive been complaining abt my bill every month and to no surprise, it returns. and yes sprint did mention of providing wi fi next year.. on all bb's.
    07-23-09 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD