So me sets the PB on the roof of the car for just a sec (no way I'd forget it!). So five minutes later I'm going along and think, hmmm....wheres the Playbook?

So I check the roof...nope! Then I backtrack to the house and just before I get home I see this black slab lying in the middle of the road on a tight turn that I must have taken at 35mph at least. I get out, look it over and guess what?? NO SCRATCHES whatsoever on actual PB....just some scuffs on the thin case it came in as it tumbled down the street! Next I hold my breath hoping it works.....boots up fine, no problems whatsover. Not that's a tough tablet baby!

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...0615-00019.jpg
    http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...0615-00017.jpg
    Engire and Mr.Monty like this.
    06-15-12 05:59 PM
    Blackberrys really are some tough mofos, my friend forgot his 9700 on the roof of his car, we drove few kms and once he went over 60 kph we heard something hitting the trunk. He looks in the mirror and sees his phone still flipping on the ground. We went back, picked it up and it was still working fine, some battle scars but chicks dig that.
    06-15-12 09:33 PM
    lucky PB!!
    06-15-12 09:35 PM
    everything i own bb is very robust. i drop my headset, phone, pb multiple times and it comes out working as always and maybe a few battle scars. thats one of the reasons why i love bb products. ive never had to own a case i always travel naked.

I do plan on buying one though for the full touch bb 10 device, as I hear full touch screens are not as tough as ones with keyboards.
    06-15-12 09:41 PM
    I did the same thing with a large pepperoni pizza. Realized it when I got home, but did not go back to get it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-15-12 09:45 PM
    You're lucky! Around my neighborhood someone would of kyfed it by then! Boyfriend dropped his wallet one day and 30 seconds later realized it, someone had already taken it off the street. Not a clue was left behind. Glad to see your PB is still in working order...another reason why I love BB! (My Torch did a face plant on to a hardwood floor from 8 feet up last night, it did scare me, but not a scratch to be found.)
    06-15-12 10:26 PM
    I have the jm-1 external battery charger and spare battery. Wife didn't check my pockets and put it through the wash and dryer.

Took a day or two but now the battery and charger are working fine!

Send any normal electronic through a wash and it would be toast.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-15-12 10:30 PM
    Wait a minute...deja vu
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-lives-710638/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-over-723994/

Warning to PlayBook owners: Do NOT leave your PlayBook on the roof of your car!

Glad yours made it out alive
    battery likes this.
    06-15-12 10:36 PM
    lets see that kind of Tuff with anything that starts with an 'i'
    ... just sayin'
    I have been abusing RIM products since 2001, and I have yet to have on die on me.
    06-16-12 01:20 PM
    Well I would hope its okay if it was in a case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 02:49 PM
    My 9860 once did get stuck between something that squeezed things inward (never understood the purpose) I could swear the phone was bending. The machine stopped and the baby was lying there without a single scratch. I dont know what shi* people are saying about os 7 phones not durable but I take that statement and shove that up their a**. They are very durable for me!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Last edited by ichat; 06-16-12 at 03:33 PM.
    06-16-12 03:06 PM
    You shoving it up your a**?
    06-16-12 03:15 PM

Slight problem, I think you just needed surgery for that.

06-16-12 03:32 PM
    My 9860 once did get stuck between something that squeezed things inward (never understood the purpose) I could swear the phone was bending. The machine stopped and the baby was lying there without a single scratch. I dont know what shi* people are saying about os 7 phones not durable but I take that statement and shove that up their a**. They are very durable for me!

06-16-12 03:36 PM
    I had no idea what dafuq that thing did. I had no idea. all I noticed was that it had a roller type thing.

06-16-12 03:40 PM
    He said my at first lol.then edited it.
    06-16-12 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD